Author Topic: Remember Cuomo in 2016  (Read 1898 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Remember Cuomo in 2016
« on: January 15, 2013, 08:57:22 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/15/bill-called-toughest-gun-control-package-in-nation-passed-by-new-york-state/

Republican Sen. Greg Ball called that political opportunism in a rare criticism of the popular and powerful governor seen by his supporters as a possible candidate for president in 2016.

"We haven't saved any lives tonight, except one: the political life of a governor who wants to be president," said Ball who represents part of the Hudson Valley. "We have taken an entire category of firearms that are currently legal that are in the homes of law-abiding, tax paying citizens. ... We are now turning those law-abiding citizens into criminals."

We the primaries come around don't forget what this idiot (Cuomo) has done.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Remember Cuomo in 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:04:45 AM »
What's interesting about this law is that it doesn't just prohibit sale of "high capacity" magazines, it makes mere possession of magazines holding more than 7 rounds a crime.  Hope this doesn't spread up the food chain to DC...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
Let's see....Chicago...Las Vegas...Baltimore...New York...what's the connection other than being the home venue of some of our key government leaders?  Ask Jimmy Hoffa...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:17:39 PM »
they are voting on this in the assembly today.  nuts!
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 03:04:04 PM »
Gonna create a lot of ex-post-facto criminals with that one, aren't they?   ???
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »
Gonna create a lot of ex-post-facto criminals with that one, aren't they?   ???

Not quite.  Ex post facto laws make an action illegal after the action already occurred.  In this case, they are making it illegal to load 8 or more rounds in a magazine from this date forward.  Still sucks a$$ though...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »
Cuomo in 2016 my ass.

The only way he belongs on a national stage is if it involves a tar pot and feathers.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »
Not quite.  Ex post facto laws make an action illegal after the action already occurred.  In this case, they are making it illegal to load 8 or more rounds in a magazine from this date forward.  Still sucks a$$ though...

Huh, my reading is that it is illegal to possess a magazine that may be loaded with more than 7 rounds.  ???
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »
John Carpenter had a dark vision of the future with "Escape from New York".

A Cuomo Presidency would be a still darker vision called "Escape from America".

Sadly, we know there is no escape, except to change the future.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »
Post modernism has finally prevailed in America.

A lot of of the post modernists here don't really have any legitimate gripe against the current regime other than personal preference.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »
Huh, my reading is that it is illegal to possess a magazine that may be loaded with more than 7 rounds.  ???

That was my interpretation also. In that case there are a lot of useless firearms in New York.

I don't see how this could possibly pass SCOTUS muster.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure that his enthusiasm for this legislation would cost him too many swing states for him to be able hold national office. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 08:49:50 PM »
Cuomo may have to run against Obama in a primary.  I'm thinking there will be a concerted, and possibly successful, effort to repeal the 22nd Amd. before then.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 11:16:27 PM »
Cuomo may have to run against Obama in a primary.  I'm thinking there will be a concerted, and possibly successful, effort to repeal the 22nd Amd. before then.

In light of the fact that by ceasing to have any power of the purse by a) not passing a budget for years, and b) abrogating authority over accrual of debt, the Legislative Branch will have, arguably no longer perform any meaningful function, and the Judicial is no sustantive check on Executive power, why not proceed directly to Dictatorship?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch