Author Topic: Storms, inconvenience, and redneck elektrissity.  (Read 2432 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Storms, inconvenience, and redneck elektrissity.
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »
Update. Everything is good. Cosmetic damage only. I'm new to the body piercing thing but a black locust tree thorn buried itself in my forehead and the road is now open. I HATE clearing storm damaged trees. They are unpredictable and some were snapped off 20 feet up. I was focused on the big dangers and a thumb diameter branch whipped me. My only neighbor on our 1 lane road who previously cleared the smaller stuff off to the south heard me running the saw and brought his tractor over to help. 2 loader tractors, several log chains and a chainsaw makes a big difference. I almost backed over my stihl and spotted it just in time. So I stuck it behind the seat and the hot saw melted a big hole thru the seat on my kubota. Like I said- cosmetic. Dragged some nice cherry logs up for firewood or maybe the saw mill. Oh yeah the power is on but now I am really going to get a proper transfer switch in for next time I need the gen. I've been married almost 25 years and this will be strange New Years just me and the dog but atleast I have power and only a small hole in my forehead and a bigger one in my tractor seat. And venison stew in the crockpot.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2015, 09:14:04 PM »
Used cement mixer.

Brad
old kinetic log splitter ftw? [popcorn] just watch where you sit down. =D

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2016, 03:38:37 PM »
Transfer switch is nice, but if your not afraid of the juice and can handle the back feeding, I would work on the running the thing safely first.
If you don't want to do a transfer switch you can use an interlock. They are easier and cheaper. The are available oem from some of the panel manufactures. I stumbled on this site a while ago that makes the aftermarket for a crap ton of different panels. Old stuff too.
http://www.geninterlock.com/index.html
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods