Author Topic: Any other cyclists here?  (Read 1474 times)

Any other cyclists here?
« on: August 19, 2005, 12:28:01 PM »
I pedal a hybrid Trek 7200, which is a mountain bike with big road bike wheels. It's held up great for the past two or so years, and I'm going to take it into a bike shop and have an overhaul done eventually, because I realized that aside from cleaning it and lubing the chain, I haven't done any maintenance at all besides replacing a tube! Still rides like a dream, and when I inflated the tires up to 80 instead of 50, it felt like I was riding greased lightning on rails.

crt360

• friend
Any other cyclists here?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 02:26:07 PM »
I used to ride a lot, but it seems I'm running out of time for it.  In fact, I haven't done any riding in the last few weeks.  I've got a Cannondale Super V that currently has skinny road tires on it.
For entertainment purposes only.

Dannyboy

• friend
Any other cyclists here?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 06:00:57 PM »
I just upgraded to a Litespeed and it is freakin awesome.  I usually ride 20-50 miles but this summer it's been mostly 20, if I'm lucky.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Any other cyclists here?
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 06:03:19 PM »
Oh yea.  Its my primary hobby.  I mostly road bike and race, on a Jamis Comet.  Its a sweet rig, and is super sticky in fast descents and great for Criteriums.  Full Ultegra double, Ksyrium Elite wheels, Mich. carbon comp tires, its a sex machine!

On top of that, I mountain bike when I can, that bike is a Jamis Dakar Sport, with an upgraded air shock.

Oh, and I have a cyclocross bike.  Surly Crosscheck, Bontrager wheelset, mixed road components.  I race 'cross when I can, but mostly use it for an all purpose and commuter bike.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Iapetus

• friend
Any other cyclists here?
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 08:59:27 AM »
I'm a cyclist, but more for convenience and cost than enjoyment.

I've got a Raleigh something-or-other, must be 12 years old by now, at least.  Had it since I was at school.  Will probably fall apart sooner or later, but its doing fine at the moment. (If "fine" encompases the rear gears not working, and the fork rattlinging backwards and forwards as you cycle).

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Any other cyclists here?
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 09:24:52 AM »
Yikes, get that thing fixed!  Much like a gun, if a bicycle doesn't operate properly, its unsafe. If that thing breaks at 15 or 20 mph, you're likely to get hurt!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”