Author Topic: Customer service LIVES!  (Read 1116 times)

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
Customer service LIVES!
« on: August 21, 2005, 07:32:08 PM »
So I just bought this longboard, to celebrate my first paycheck from my new job. It has super huge soft wheels and a bamboo deck, making it really flexible and a soft ride, and really good for hills, both up and down. We have a lot of hills in San Francisco.

After letting some of my friends try it out, going off curbs and down hills and stuff, I was hearing this weird rattling in the front truck (the thing with the wheels), and it was veering to the right, so I brought it in to the shop that I bought it from... turns out the screws attaching the truck to the deck were "straight broken" as Yanki (sp?) the repairguy said.

So they replaced em at no cost, w/o even seeing a receipt, all the while engaging in friendly, informative conversation, even getting a more knowledgeable apparently regular customer to explain some things to me re: breaking in trucks, it was cool.

Purpleskunk, @ 22nd Avenue and Geary in San Francisco. I highly reccomend it.

Also, apparently the board I have is pretty rare now, the limited first run just sold out... thus making me an early adopter! Yeehaw.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Customer service LIVES!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 04:04:40 AM »
Showing my age here:
Just what is a "longboard"??
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Preacherman

Customer service LIVES!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 04:20:39 AM »
Opposite of a "shortboard", at a guess...

Wink
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

yci

Customer service LIVES!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 05:00:23 AM »
I belive it to be an elongated skateboard, possibly with larger wheels than the standard ones.  At one point, I believe they were also called (or were adapted to) mountain boards, using wheels that were inflated and rather knobby, as opposed to the standard roller-skate type wheel.

I could, however, be wrong.

Either way, nice to see a company standing behind its products.

Antibubba

• friend
Customer service LIVES!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 05:40:30 PM »
Skateboard, 3-4 feet long, quite narrow.

And yes, good service; but some businesses understand that, in today's market, service is the only quality that can make them stand out.

Wal-Mart has won the race to the bottom line.  Everyone else's only option is to look good.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.