Author Topic: Shot an XD Tactical  (Read 7815 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Shot an XD Tactical
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2007, 01:27:49 AM »

I need smiley face don't I?  I'll try it with a wooden pencil when I get home tonight.

Tried it with a pencil and I'll be damned the firing fin does fire with the slide stop (or whatever it is called) disengaged.

So make sure to drop the mag and check for empty chamber before pulling the trigger.

Once again, if you can't safely dry fire a weapon (for practice or takedown) you shouldn't own guns. Because you're an idiot. Since I'm not, I'll gleefully keep packing my eeevvviiilllll unsafe-at-any-speed XD.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2007, 04:22:44 AM »

I need smiley face don't I?  I'll try it with a wooden pencil when I get home tonight.

Tried it with a pencil and I'll be damned the firing fin does fire with the slide stop (or whatever it is called) disengaged.

So make sure to drop the mag and check for empty chamber before pulling the trigger.

Once again, if you can't safely dry fire a weapon (for practice or takedown) you shouldn't own guns. Because you're an idiot. Since I'm not, I'll gleefully keep packing my eeevvviiilllll unsafe-at-any-speed XD.

Are you calling me an idiot? grin

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2007, 11:53:13 AM »
A shiny new M&P followed me home today - the only .357 Sig model I've seen yet. $429 before tax, comes out to $379 + four mags after I send in my rebate. Not too shabby.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Len Budney

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2007, 01:37:48 PM »
A shiny new M&P followed me home today - the only .357 Sig model I've seen yet. $429 before tax, comes out to $379 + four mags after I send in my rebate. Not too shabby.

:envy:

I shot an M&P today, along with a 1911 and several different .38 revolvers. There's no question about it: I love the M&P, and it loves me. You lucky bast*rd.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2007, 04:49:12 PM »
Charby,

Beretta mod. 96, .40 cal Federal hydra-shok, 155 grain.  My favorite heavy cover deer gun.  Got to check with your state rules on semi auto hand gun hunting tho.  Your magazine may need to be plugged so that you can't have more than a certain amount of rounds in the firearm.

Okay a little late here, but in Iowa....

No rules on how many one can have in the magazine on handguns, only rules are 4" barrel and straight walled ammo larger than .357 mag.

Also dropped the 5 round magazine limit on centerfire rifle season also, so looks like my .308 battle rifle is going to come out and play, I'm not going to fully load up 20rd magazines because it does add quite a bit of weight.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 03:33:41 AM »
Please don't, you might be wearing the slide like in guy in the movie "Sin City"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but slides don't come off backwards, there is a mechanical interference with the frame and the front part of the slide that houses the guide rod.

And if you don't check the chamber before you start cleaning your gun, you deserve a hole in your foot.

I might consider an XD if it came in a compact 10mm.  However, no gun purchases for me for a while, I just got a factory refinished 1076 last week.  Looked brand new, had a 20# spring installed and I got a honey of deal on it.  Shoots like a dream.  I think the trigger kinda sucks compared to my Witness 10mm, but it doesn't jam like the Witness, so I can live with that.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul