Author Topic: Firefly Revisited  (Read 3371 times)

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
Firefly Revisited
« on: February 25, 2006, 05:16:10 AM »
With the WallyWorld price bouncing around like a ping-pong ball, I was finally able to order the series on DVD.  Total cost was under $24 with shipping.

Well, it finally showed up the other day.

NOW, I can't get away from the TV!  These shows are addicting.

Made it through the first three DVD's so far.  I don't normally go for red-heads, but that Yolanda, Saffron, Bridget, whatever, (Christina Hendricks) is a cutie.......

WallyWorld has a new combined DVD with "Serenity" and "The Cronicles of Riddick" on sale now for $19.87, with delivery in April.  See:  http://www.walmart.com/catalog/search-ng.gsp?search_constraint=4096&search_query=serenity&Continue.x=0&Continue.y=0&Continue=Find&ics=20&ico=0

They also have "Serentity" for $17.88

Ok, here's my question........In the "War Stories" episode, what was Shepard Book carrying??  Looked to me almost like a SUB-2, but in stainless.  Anyone have an idea???
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

Ron

Firefly Revisited
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:30:05 AM »
I am about half way through the season.

Some of the best TV I have watched in a long while, it is safe to say I am a big fan now.

TarpleyG

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 02:33:39 AM »
I don't normally go for red-heads, but that Yolanda, Saffron, Bridget, whatever, (Christina Hendricks) is a cutie.......
Yes, she is a cutie but this woman is HAWT!!!

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1481/Events/1481/MorenaBacc_Ausse_541554_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Baccarin,%20Morena

Greg

erik the bold

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 06:26:58 AM »

Dunno Tarpley........If not Christina, I would lean towards Summer Glau or Jewel Staite, kinda like a Ginger v/s Maryann thing:

edited to fix one of the picture links
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 10:05:54 AM »
Did that shot get cut off a tiny bit, or is that all I get?  Smiley  (I'm missing an eye!)
Zeke

erik the bold

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 11:12:58 AM »
Quote from: Ezekiel
Did that shot get cut off a tiny bit, or is that all I get?  Smiley  (I'm missing an eye!)
Which shot?  (or did I miss something???)

Crap.......Just watched the last episode on DVD.  I may have to change my mind and start watching the OC with SWMBO. I saw this:

http://wallpapers.skins.be/melinda-clarke/melinda-clarke-1152x864-19454.jpg

BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

Firefly Revisited
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 11:19:04 AM »
picky linky no worky.....  thats just low!

Ezekiel

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 03:30:26 PM »
You're right, Christinia Hendricks is blessed with ample "superstructure" for a thin girl...
Zeke

erik the bold

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 08:45:05 AM »
Quote from: baus44
picky linky no worky.....  thats just low!
Links checked 13:43 today.......can't find any problems (??)

Which one are you having trouble with?

BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

Firefly Revisited
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 12:16:21 PM »

Silver Bullet

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 05:29:46 PM »
I like this recent review of the Firefly DVD set:

When Firefly first came out I read good reviews, and stayed away because I was certain it would be cancelled, and I would be annoyed. There was also a certain amount of Buffyness hanging over the project, and Id managed to completely miss that one as well. So I watched the pilot Friday night out of obligation, really  arms crossed across the chest, remote in hand on the FF button, looking for an excuse to bail, because it just cant be that good.

About fifteen minutes in, I thought: well, this is just the best sci-fi TV pilot ever. An hour into it I hit pause, shrunk the screen and hit Amazon to see if they had any Serenity toy ships. I enjoyed every minute. Every half-minute.

erik the bold

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 04:36:52 AM »
Quote from: baus44
Try this and choose your own:  http://www.skins.be/celebrity/melinda-clarke/

BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

Gopher

Firefly Revisited
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 07:21:38 PM »
If anyone remembers a show called Soldier of Fortune Inc. Melinda Clarke was one of the stars in it. She is one of us.Smiley
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Silver Bullet

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 07:45:07 PM »
This last weekend I saw the actors who played Jayne, River, and Inara at a sci-fi convention ("Grand Slam 2006") in Pasadena.

It seems a bit surreal; I mentioned to "Inara" (Morena Baccarin) that Out of Gas was my favorite episode, she asked me why it was my favorite, and I spent the next minute explaining why it was special.

Ron

Firefly Revisited
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 08:36:17 PM »
Just watched the final episode Sad

It baffles me how this show didn't stay on the air.

I'll have to re-watch the movie. I saw the movie and liked it so I watched the series. The series was so good that I am afraid when I re-watch the movie I will be dissapointed.

How did this get canceled? Talk about a failure in marketing.

Trebor

Firefly Revisited
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 12:06:25 AM »
I was wondering if you ever got the DVD. I actually just signed on to check. We got ours a couple days after we ordered it and my wife and I watched all the episodes over a weekend. We then bought the movie. Now we're suffering Firefly withdrawl...

Btw, the movie will break your heart.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 12:12:53 AM »
Quote from: GoRon
How did this get canceled? Talk about a failure in marketing.
It had a lot of things not going for it.  It was original, which is enough for most TV executives to hate it.   It had messages to make, which pissed off folks.   And oh yea, it was about a bunch of anti-government criminals that at one point rebelled against the centralized authority, whom the show made look evil.   Not so nice things to say about big business either (Blue Sun).

" 'em Independents shoulda been killed off every world spinnin', and replaced with American Idol ", I suppose was the prevailing attitude at FOX.  Why have thought prevoking, original content, when you can insult folks for not measuring up to an inflated ego like that Brit guy?  I never met a person yet that doesn't want to punch him in the face, myself included.   (And no, I've never watched a single episode.  Gorram piece of junk.)

Where's that puking icon when ya need one?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Silver Bullet

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 06:37:35 AM »
Just watched the final episode
Great, wasn't it ?  Objects in Space remains my second favorite episode.

bermbuster

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2006, 04:23:28 PM »
I bought the series DVDs and the movie and watched all of it during the past 4 weeks.  How did I miss this fabulous show on TV?  I am a HUGE fan now and there's nothing more coming down the pike.  harumph!

Hard to say which episode was best.  I am kind of fond of "Trash" Smiley  The movie is definitely a heartbreaker.  It did bring some needed conclusion to some issues.

Ezekiel

• friend
Firefly Revisited
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 01:03:30 PM »
I still think that Firefly was quite good.  I wish they made a quality die-cast of the ship...
Zeke

Firefly Revisited
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »
"Serenity" made enough in DVDs to make sure there will be SOMETHING more.  TV *maybe*, movie otherwise.