Author Topic: The Episode of South Park the Scientologists don't want you to see.  (Read 6515 times)

Justin

• friend
Link goes to website with video of the episode.

This is the episode that supposedly caused Isaac Hayes to quit, and that Comedy Central has refused to air after being threatened with legal action by the "Church" of Scientology.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

Justin

• friend
The Episode of South Park the Scientologists don't want you to see.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 07:58:14 PM »
True, it's the repeats of the episode that have been quashed by threats from the scientologists.

No.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 01:48:30 AM »
The video's no longer there.  Did anyone download the .rmv?

Chris

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 01:56:28 AM »
Chris, I was just watching it...0645 tuesday 3/21
Avoid cliches like the plague!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 01:58:15 AM »
I can watch in via the webpage, but I'd prefer to download it and watch it later.  There's a like for downloading, but it doesn't  work.

Chris

280plus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 01:58:50 AM »
Ohhhh...

Cheesy

280plus

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 02:19:19 AM »
Anyhoo, that E meter or Thetin meter or whatever. Back when I was being introduced to scientology by my exceptionately intelligent friends I happened to be reading a book on hypnotism. In that book there was a section describing how a "galvanic skin response" meter would indicate a lowering of the skin's electrical resistance as people slipped into the hypnotic state and therefore became highly suggestive. It has been my humble opinion ever since that this "E-Meter" is nothing more than that, a galvanic skin response meter.

One method of placing someone under "hypnosis" is to bombard and overload their senses. Not unlike what "Stan" went through in that what THREE hours of "auditing". Hitler was adept at this with his rallys and speeches producing what is known as "mass hysteria" in the crowd. He was literally hypnotizing his crowds and in that highly suggestive state they would accept and believe all that he was telling them. Scientology is no different. The "E-meter" simply let's the "auditor" know when you have reached a high state of suggestibility and at that point the real indoctrination begins. This, I believe, is how these well known and seemingly very intelligent people come to fall into this trap. They are questioning religion, as all highly intelligent people do, Scientology appeals to them as an alternative they'd like to investigate and once they've been through the initial stages of indoctrination they are unable to break free due to basically being brainwashed, if you will.

At this point I'll be going to check the guns in my safe and my ammo supply because I'm pretty sure, having said all that, that some Scientologists will be at my door in no time. I recall stumbling into a Scientology crazed Cat Hospital once, many years after my first brush with Scientology, and they began to try to interest me in the "religion". When I presented my postulation to them they suddenly became VIOLENTLY aggressive. They got real mad real quick. Not really giving two shits about any of them, I dropped the subject.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 04:17:58 AM »
The scientologists had a kiosk not too long ago at the local mall.  They were trying to peddle L. Ron Hubbard books.

I had an idea to dress up as a freaky looking alien, and stand by the kiosk offering to sign autographs as Xenu until security would kick me out.

Alas, I am no longer seventeen years old. Sad

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 04:32:12 AM »
I thought I was feeling bad because of the gray, snowy weather, however, I know now that it is space aliens.

Which gun for Xenu?Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 04:42:33 AM »
I'd say go for the de-nebulizer...

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 05:06:37 AM »
What's funny is that the kooks seem to ignore Elron's bet with another SciFi writer that he could create a new religion.  It's obvious that it's a scam, yet they continue to believe...

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 05:13:28 AM »
What I find frightening is just how many people in Hollywood actually believe this crap.

As far as I can tell, the only way to advance in the "religion" of Scientology is to give money. LOTS of money. Apparently the more money you can afford to give, the "holier" you are in the "church."

I was watching CNN this morning when a blurb about this came on. Apparently the Scientologists have opened a new exhibit at their museum on the dangers of psychiatry. There was that no-talent moron Jenna Elfman talking about how "people need to know how dangerous it is."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 05:17:27 AM »
What I find frightening is just how many people in Hollywood actually believe this crap
I wonder if they actually believe or if it's the new club you MUST belong to in order to get the best parts, etc.  Almost like golfing to the MBA crowd...

Chris

280plus

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 05:34:48 AM »
There was a quote I heard once but unfortunately I don't remember the reference to it.

It went:

"In 1957 L. Ron Hubbard said the best way to get rich in America was to start a religion. One year later Scientology was born."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 05:49:19 AM »
"I wonder if they actually believe or if it's the new club you MUST belong to in order to get the best parts, etc."

You know, I've been hearing that for almost 20 years, and I really have to wonder about it. The first time I read that claim was in the late 1980s... I was just out of college, IIRC, so it would have been 1987-88-89 or so.

There are a lot of big name stars who are NOT members of Scientology who have gotten and are getting "the best parts, etc." in that time.

As far as I can tell Tom Hanks has absolutely no affiiliation with Scientology, and he's got two Oscars and a couple of blockbuster hits over the past 10 years.

Russell Crowe did think about joining Scientology, but apparently didn't go through with it. From what I understand, that would make him absolutely unemployable in Hollywood, yet he has had a string of GREAT roles and a best actor award.

Same with Denzel Washington. Big role after big role, plus a best actor award.

The opposite side of the coin is Jenna Elfman. Big supporter of Scientology, so you'd expect her to be getting great parts in movies. She's been getting movie roles, but they are uniformly in crappy movies that have limited to no theatrical release.

There are a lot of other Scientology faithful who are also very underemployed, as well.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 05:56:14 AM »
I wasn't clear.  I meant that they PERCEIVE it to be an asset to their careers.  

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 06:18:31 AM »
Ah. OK. Interesting theory, but again, I can't see how anyone contemplating joining Scientology could make that leap given the staggering blahness of so many of its adherents.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 06:19:58 AM »
I'm going to take back the "quote" it seems Scientology was born around 1950 -1951 but I do remember reading something like that once. Here's an interesting link.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0624051hubbard1.html

and another

http://www.lermanet.com/L_Ron_Hubbard/

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 08:01:26 AM »
this thread is why i bought "Battlefield Earth" at the discount bin

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/E-Meter/
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 08:35:48 AM »
Battlefield Earth has got to be one of the worst movies ever made.

Wow, even in IMBD it gets frighteningly bad marks!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0185183/

280plus

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 08:54:34 AM »
Reading the info at that e meter site makes you wonder if the whole thing isn't self induced after a certain point. Simply by following along the lesson plan equipped with your little meter you require little or no attention from the organization yet faithfully send them boatloads of money. It may very well be the perfect scam.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 09:09:45 AM »
Life Magazine overviews Scientology in 1968 in an informative article. Author of this article, Alan Levy, shares his shattering experience with Scientology that began in New York and ended at Hubbard's St. Hill Organization in Sussex, London under the title 'A TRUE - LIFE NIGHTMARE'

I have Hubbard to thank for a true-life nightmare that gnawed at my family relationships and saddled me with a burden of guilt I've not yet been able to shed. Scientology does indeed use a machine similar to a lie detector, and the most menacing moments on my odyssey toward CLEAR had come when -- inextricably plugged into the electroencephaloneuromentimpograph, or "Hubbard Mark V E-Meter" for short. -- I explored some nooks and crannies of my own psyche that I wish to God had never been unearthed.

I did not confront the electronic heart of Scientology -- the E-Meter -- until I had invested three evenings listening to introductory lectures. The Church of Scientology of New York occupied the Grand Ballroom of Martinique, a tackily renovated hotel near the new Madison Square Garden. Ablaze with light and encircled by mirrors, this ballroom-church had an aura of crystal clarity. So did the giant studio portraits of Scientology's founder -- a stern but fatherly type with steely eyes and an outsized chronometer on his wrist -- that lined the walls and were for sale at [unintellgible, looks like $5.50] apiece. The dance floor had been set up into offices, cubicles, displays, bulletin boards, bookstore, a stand selling picture postcards of Saint Hill Manor in Sussex, and reception desks -- all staffed around the clock by a couple of dozen "PreCLEARs." Working was to pay [unintelligable, (possibly "for more courses...")] "audited," as Scientology Processing is called.
http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/scientology-cult-life-magazine.htm
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Justin

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 09:15:18 AM »
Which gun for Xenu?
Xenu was framed, man.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 01:05:44 PM »
If you're so inclined, take the "Personality quiz" available at Scientology.org.  They claim:

"A test of this kind would normally cost you $500.00 and up. It is offered to you here free of charge as a public service."

Set aside some time, as it is a long quiz.  They want your info so they can send junkmail to you.

I typed my name in as Nosepicker Droolbucket, and put my old address, so they could harass the scamming jerk who bought my former house.

I answered all questions honestly.  I consider myself to be a normal, level-headed guy, and I haven't had anyone say anything to the contrary lately.  The results told me that I had serious mental and personality problems, and of course Scientology can help me to solve them, for a nominal fee.

What a scam!

...has left the building.

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 01:26:17 PM »
If Scientology somehow merged with Amway, we'd have a force to be reckoned with! Cheesy