Author Topic: church bulletin humor  (Read 1038 times)

crt360

• friend
church bulletin humor
« on: March 22, 2006, 01:59:31 PM »
Someone e-mailed this to me and said these were all taken from actual church bulletins.
I might be the only person whos never seen these before (in which case I apologize for wasting time & space) and I dont know if they are real or not, but some of them are pretty funny.

The Fasting &Prayer Conference includes meals.

The sermon this morning: "Jesus Walks on the Water."
The sermon tonight: "Searching for Jesus."

Our youth basketball team is back in action Wednesday at 8 PM in the recreation hall.  Come out and watch us kill Christ the King.

Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale.  It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house.  Don't forget your husbands.

The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.

Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community.  Smile at someone who is hard to love.  Say "Hell" to someone who doesn't care much about you.

Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.

Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir.  They need all the help they can get.

Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack's sermons.

The Rector will preach his farewell message after which the choir will sing: "Break Forth Into Joy."

Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church.  So ends a friendship that began in their school days.

A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall.  Music will follow.

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?"  Come early and listen to our choir practice.

Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.

Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled.  Proceeds will be used to cripple children.

Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.

The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.

Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.

The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.

This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.

Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.

The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.

The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM.  The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.

Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church.  Please use large double door at the side entrance.

The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday:  "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours
For entertainment purposes only.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
church bulletin humor
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 03:02:13 PM »
Hah, funny stuff in there

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

grampster

• friend
church bulletin humor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 03:05:22 PM »
Some are old, but I still laughed out loud.  cheesy
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BillBlank

• friend
church bulletin humor
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 04:54:01 AM »
new to me, animism just doesn't seem to do newsletters Smiley
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...

Azrael256

• friend
church bulletin humor
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 05:08:07 AM »
Heheh, the whole office is giggling over this one.  Thanks.  I needed it.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
church bulletin humor
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 07:14:51 AM »
"Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help."

That's sounds about like the truth to me ...  :-(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Strings

church bulletin humor
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 09:37:30 AM »
Thing is, I knew a Catholic preist that would've put some of those up on purpose, just to see if people caught 'em...

'Course, Father Dave was just a bit... well... ecentric seems like a good term...

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

church bulletin humor
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »
Quote from: Hunter Rose
Thing is, I knew a Catholic preist that would've put some of those up on purpose, just to see if people caught 'em...

'Course, Father Dave was just a bit... well... ecentric seems like a good term...
I suspect I would really like Father Dave.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
church bulletin humor
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 03:13:58 PM »
Quote from: Tallpine
"Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help."

That's sounds about like the truth to me ...  :-(
What happened?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

church bulletin humor
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 09:03:55 PM »
Fig: I had a conversation about the Satanic Bible with this particular priest: he thought it was a joke... dangerous, but a joke (if you've ever read the book, you'll understand why)...