Author Topic: Gender Reveal "Oops"  (Read 1212 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Gender Reveal "Oops"
« on: April 24, 2021, 09:05:12 AM »
Man, people seem to go a little crazy with these gender reveal parties. Everyone wants to top everyone else in the "hold my beer" department.

This one apparently cracked house foundations and did something to the water supply. There goes the kid's college fund.  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/04/24/nh-man-turns-himself-into-police-after-using-80-lbs-of-tannerite-for-a-gender-reveal-party-its-a-boy-a/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Gender Reveal "Oops"
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 09:31:49 AM »
That is close to where I live.  I didn't hear the kaboom, though.  Much disappoint.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 12:20:23 PM »
We live in a quiet little town and one day we had a *expletive deleted*ing huge explosion that rattled the hell out of my house then we heard every siren in the county go off. Found out that 3/4 mile away somebody set off a huge tannerite charge and the dumb *expletive deleted*s even did it in city limits. It even rattled my in-laws house which was about a mile further from it than our house
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 12:54:07 PM »
I'm waiting for the video, you know it's out there somewhere.

bob

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 12:58:58 PM »
It’s probably good thing I was unaware of tannerite in my youth. During my blowing things up phase, I cut apart fireworks to accumulate larger doses of flash powder and once filled a weather balloon with a mix of oxygen and acetylene from a torch set. That was exciting and attention getting but didn’t result in any criminal investigations. That I know of ...
Gender reveals seem kind of weird to me now that gender can apparently change at any moment.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 04:54:21 PM »

Gender reveals seem kind of weird to me now that gender can apparently change at any moment.

Gender reveals used to be an announcement of the results of an ultrasound, amniocentesis, or CVS test. Today it's just an announcement of what the parents have decided the baby's gender should be.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 05:52:37 PM »
It’s probably good thing I was unaware of tannerite in my youth. During my blowing things up phase, I cut apart fireworks to accumulate larger doses of flash powder  . . .
It's still a source of amazement to me that I survived my youth with all my fingers, both eyes, etc. intact. They say the Almighty protects both fools and children, and in hindsight, I qualified on both counts. (I never killed or injured anyone, but there are some pyrotechnical things I still won't admit to in writing.  :police: )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2021, 08:58:38 PM »
Some of those reveals are pretty creative.

Recollection is dim*, but IIRC, 10lb AN-Al was the limit, and only to be used for theatrical effects, and had to be mixed at the site of the explosion. Supposedly an ATF guideline, don't know if it had the effect of law, or the effect of triggering investigations.

One hundred sixty-four lb in this one:

https://youtu.be/edRbcTXAijY (5:57)

The barn's gender was indeterminate.

* Updates welcome
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 06:29:53 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 09:22:36 PM »
How much does 164 pounds of Tannerite even cost?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 09:26:31 PM »
Looks like they sell tannerite gender reveal kits

TANNERITE GENDER REVEAL BLUE
https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/714022388/tannerite+gender+reveal+blue
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 06:59:25 PM »
100lbs in a car

100lbs of Tannerite in a BMW?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sClwUEPC0C0
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 07:04:17 PM »
100lbs in a car

100lbs of Tannerite in a BMW?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sClwUEPC0C0

Disappointing. I wanted to see what's left afterward too.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 09:06:12 PM »
FWIW, the guy in the OP is getting charged with disorderly conduct.  I don't think there should be a charge, but what do I know.

I've met him, but don't really know him.  Friend of a friend kind of thing. 

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 11:29:26 PM »
Some of those reveals are pretty creative.

Recollection is dim*, but IIRC, 10lb AN-Al was the limit, and only to be used for theatrical effects, and had to be mixed at the site of the explosion. Supposedly an ATF guideline, don't know if it had the effect of law, or the effect of triggering investigations.

One hundred sixty-four lb in this one:

https://youtu.be/edRbcTXAijY (5:57)

The barn's gender was indeterminate.

* Updates welcome

There is a show on the DIY channel called "Barnwood Builders".  Instead of spending whatever he spent on that Tannerite, he could have MADE money by letting that show "deconstruct" and salvage at least some of the wood to be used by the BWB people in other projects.  Sheeezz !!  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 12:16:53 AM »
I was thinking of that as I looked over the rubble.  Old wood is pretty valuable. (I was surprised to learn that even long-submerged wood is valuable lumber as well.)

I wonder if he checked in to the possibility that some carpenters or lumber yards might have been wiling to dismantle it for the wood. But that roof was in really bad shape.  Still, good hunks were still in one piece despite being hit with a pretty good overpresssure wave.

Funny thing about all those hairy-assed explosion videos. D'ja ever notice how everybody laughs uproariously after the boomie? Obviously, they're fun.

Terry
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 12:33:48 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.