Poll

Which WuFlu vaccine have you had (or not) and how bad were the side effects

Moderna.  No or very mild side effects
8 (17.4%)
Moderna.  Moderate to severe side effects
1 (2.2%)
Pfizer.  No or very mild side effects
14 (30.4%)
Pfizer.  Moderate to severe side effects.
2 (4.3%)
J&J.  No or very mild side effects
4 (8.7%)
J&J.  Moderate to severe side effects.
2 (4.3%)
Not vaccinated (yet).
15 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: WuFlu Vaccine poll  (Read 1029 times)

sumpnz

• friend
WuFlu Vaccine poll
« on: April 27, 2021, 05:39:35 PM »
Pretty self explanatory.  Grampsters thread made me think a poll like this would make it easy to see what the reactions folks have had to the various WuFlu vaccine options.  I put in the ability to vote for 4 options so if you know of someone who has a different vaccine or a different reaction you can include those in your responses.

sumpnz

• friend
Re: WuFlu Vaccine poll
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 05:44:09 PM »
FTR I have not been vaccinated.  I plan to hold out as long as possible without endangering my job, access to my neurologist, or anything else consequential.  I’m not anti-vaccine at all, but I’m leery of this one.  If a couple years+ of data shows it’s effective enough to be longer than year between boosters, and doesn’t have serious long term side effects I might consider getting it even in the absence of threats to my ability to otherwise live my life.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 07:38:21 PM »
Last week my mother (91 y.o.) and I both got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Each of us had some mild shoulder pain at the site of the injection, but about 24 hours after the shot my mother became sleepy - an afternoon nap and then a good night's sleep and she was fully recovered.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 08:48:47 PM »
J&J, and I guess I call it mild. Felt like someone went after me with a baseball bat but I didn't miss work over it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 09:16:02 PM »
We both got the 1st Pfizer this AM.  Our clinic alternates with another clinic with Moderna and Pfizer.  We were expecting Moderna but Pfizer happened to be today.  Arm feels like it always feels when we got flu shots or our Pneumonia shots, or any shot for that matter;  just  little tender and sore where the needle went in.

Swmbo had a 5 minute thing where she felt really tired and then felt cold...this afternoon, but in only lasted for a few minutes.

I went for my short walk, and had a couple half hour naps, so I can't say I felt any different.  Shrug.  I have had a very faint headache but I think I had that this morning before the shot.  I seem to have faint headaches every now and then for some reason.  The weather got warm today and I do have some allergies, so that may be the reason.  In otherwords, nothing much out of the ordinary so far.   2nd jab is scheduled for the 18th of May.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 10:05:48 PM »
Got the first shot of the Moderna vaccine on 4/14. Symptoms were mild, with some redness and swelling at the injection site, and maybe a very mild fever the same night.

I will say that the redness and swelling took a lot longer to clear up than I was expecting. It seemed to start clearing up within a few days, but then came back for almost a full week. It only started to fade away again in the last few days, with the swelling almost completely gone and only a little bit of redness left. I was starting worry that the injection site had gotten infected.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 11:18:43 PM »
I received 2nd dose of Maderna this morning at 0800. So far just a sore arm....

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 09:26:07 AM »
I'll be getting my second does of Pfizer next Thursday.

The first dose went fine, but about 2 hours in it suddenly felt as if every bit of energy in my body had been drained. It was a HUGE effort to move, and it even felt as if thinking took more energy than I had.

The next morning I felt a bit better, and by the next evening I felt fine.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »
29 hours later and I don’t feel the desire to eat brains.  Arm is sore as hell though. Nothing else

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 01:44:16 PM »
Friends of mine got their second Pfizers yesterday -- husband and wife.

He's got a bad headache and body aches, she's got nausea and chills.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 02:07:11 PM »
J&J, I was TIRED the next day and slept a lot. That's it. Period.

Fife and her sitter had the Pfizer shots. Pretty much the same as me on reactions.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 10:14:41 PM »
Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. Current symptoms are a bit worse than the first go around. Didn't feel anything yesterday except a sore arm, but they've ramped up over the course of today. Definite fever, around 100 degrees (I think, my thermometer tends to read a little low), mild headache that hasn't been worth taking pain pills for yet, and general fatigue. Not bad enough to skip work yet. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

ETA: Fever broke sometime early Friday morning, and I was fine for the rest of the day. Still have a big red swollen spot on my arm, but no other symptoms.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 03:00:59 PM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 10:27:13 PM »
Jab #1, PFE: A couple of days later, woke up at night chillin' like a villain... Serious case of the cold shakes. Felt a little down for a few days.

About two weeks until the next one. They are not requiring 'em at work, but are "encouraging" them.

At this point, I'll take a day off with the flu...
Blog under construction

Snowdog

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2021, 02:30:13 AM »
Pfizer vaccine during phase 1a (nearing 4 months ago, 1/20/21) with no side effects from the first shot and the typical minor Axillary lymph node swelling near site of 2nd injection lasting approximately 24 hours.  I haven't experienced a symptom since.

I'm still waiting for Microsoft's subscription offer to arrive in the mail allowing me to connect my new microchips to GPS and perhaps SiriusXM.   :P

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2021, 05:57:23 AM »
Johnson and Johnson here. I'd say moderate. About 20 hours of pretty bad muscle aches, fever, chills, clammy sweat, and nausea.  I forced myself to eat something that evening which helped, a little, but still couldn't really sleep.  My injection site was sore for 4 days or so.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 04:39:55 PM »
It might be a good idea for another category on your voting list.  That would be "Not vaccinated - EVER".  At least, not this hogwash.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2021, 11:41:54 AM »
Second dose of Pfizer vaccine. Shoulder soreness faded faster than after 1st dose, but I felt a little tired two days after the injection. Not debilitating, but some routine  chores (e.g., cleaning the gutters) seemed to take more out of me than they should. Feel better now on Day 3 after the shot.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2021, 05:59:39 PM »
you forgot "not going to get the jab"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2021, 06:00:55 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2021, 08:11:19 PM »
Moderna for me. But the others vaccine options where available to Guard Members also.

I just got the 2nd second shot, 3 hours ago. Feeling tired, could be shot or 4AM wake up. Waiting to see, how i feel tomorrow.

My unit now, is 90% mask free! Just about everyone got the shots or waiting on the second shot. =)

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2021, 08:53:18 PM »
you forgot "not going to get the jab"
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2021, 09:28:42 PM »
Got the J&J yesterday.  Had them shoot the arm that already hurts, the pain doesn't seem to be any worse than normal.  I'm tired, but been running on ~5 hrs sleep/night for the last 5 days, I'm putting that down to lack of sleep.  No other symptoms so far.

Only got the vac 'cause I won't have to wear a mask at work after a 2 week wait.  I've had it with wearing a sweaty mask 8 hrs a day. 

And we're traveling by car out of state in a couple weeks, the "papers" may come in handy during the trip.