Author Topic: Nonbinary.....what the !  (Read 2249 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Nonbinary.....what the !
« on: May 20, 2021, 07:31:52 AM »
I came across this story today and had to read it twice.  Huh?  Somebody more into today's culture explain this please, I don't get it at all.

Singer Demi Lovato revealed on Wednesday they identify as nonbinary and are changing their pronouns, telling fans the decision came after “self-reflective work.”

“Today is a day I’m so happy to share more of my life with you all — I am proud to let you know that I identify as non-binary,” Lovato announced on Twitter and in an accompanying video, adding they will “officially be changing my pronouns to they/them moving forward.”

Lovato said they picked gender-neutral pronouns as “this best represents the fluidity I feel in my gender expression.” They added, “I’m doing this for those out there that haven’t been able to share who they truly are with their loved ones.”

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Nonbinary.....what the !
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 08:30:38 AM »
Whatever. Chicks, dudes who cares. Bigger con for me is that she seems to be pulling a Rachel Dolezal. She is a white chick daughter of a white singer, actress, and cheerleader. Doesn’t get much whiter. Her early pics are a moderately attractive chunky white girl. Now we have short hair glued down to our head and the spray tan turned to 11. She is pretending to be black and nobody is going to call her on it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 08:35:27 AM »
The story you read is a symptom of a society that at least at the level of media has destigmatized certain self-destructive mental disorders to the point that anyone who even thinks they might be suffering from the affliction is exalted and encouraged to pursue that self-destruction as far as possible.  I believe it is done partially with good intentions and with the belief that more acceptance and more encouragement will have positive outcomes, and partially because it serves as a shibboleth to define their tribe.  Unfortunately, because of the inherently harmful nature of the problem the actual result is that people with even a slight tendency toward the disorder will enter a spiral of socially-reinforced, self-destructive behavior.  Anyone who opposes it - whether done gently out of love, care, and compassion or because of actual hatred - is labeled a bigot and attacked for their intolerance. 

For a minor celebrity in such a society, claiming that favored condition might also be a cheap way to score some free publicity, unwarranted praise, and protection from criticism, regardless of the fact that doing so might also result in further harm for vulnerable fans in the same way their glorifying and encouraging drug use or self-mutilation might.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 08:40:28 AM »
For a minor celebrity in such a society, claiming that favored condition might also be a cheap way to score some free publicity, unwarranted praise, and protection from criticism, regardless of the fact that doing so might also result in further harm for vulnerable fans in the same way their glorifying and encouraging drug use or self-mutilation might.

I couldn't care less if celebrities like this jump on the pronoun bandwagon. I can ignore them and I do make fun of them. Their antics don't hurt me and my opinions don't hurt them. What bothers me more is what happens in that community if you don't bow to peer pressure. Ref: Gina Carrano.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 08:50:43 AM »
I couldn't care less if celebrities like this jump on the pronoun bandwagon. I can ignore them and I do make fun of them. Their antics don't hurt me and my opinions don't hurt them. What bothers me more is what happens in that community if you don't bow to peer pressure. Ref: Gina Carrano.

Who is Gina Carrano?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 09:00:44 AM »
The person in the OP is just another attention whore.  Will do anything, say anything to get more attention. 

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people get off on the negative attention from people who think they are idiots.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2021, 09:04:21 AM »
I think Gina Carrano is doing just fine.  She isn't doing stuff for Disney, but I think she will be fine.  May be more well known now for being fired by Disney for silly reasons.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 09:05:42 AM »
Just another attention whore.  Will do anything, say anything to get more attention. 

This. Publicity waning? Online "influence" shrinking? Time to change genders! Or whatever the victim fashion of the week might be . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 09:16:24 AM »
I think Gina Carrano is doing just fine.  She isn't doing stuff for Disney, but I think she will be fine.  May be more well known now for being fired by Disney for silly reasons.

Sure, she seems to have come out of it okay, but I don't think it counters things like the gay inquisition Disney was ordering her to do. She shouldn't have been put in the position to begin with for simply refusing, in the nicest way possible, to bow to an aggressive LBGTQWRTZ mob.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2021, 09:41:23 AM »
This tranny and preferred pronoun *expletive deleted*it is 99.99% attention whoring with the rabid left nut jobs.

I miss the days when there were two genders and transvestites were something you made fun of Thailand for.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2021, 09:49:45 AM »
I came across this story today and had to read it twice.  Huh?  Somebody more into today's culture explain this please, I don't get it at all.

Singer Demi Lovato revealed on Wednesday they identify as nonbinary and are changing their pronouns, telling fans the decision came after “self-reflective work.”

“Today is a day I’m so happy to share more of my life with you all — I am proud to let you know that I identify as non-binary,” Lovato announced on Twitter and in an accompanying video, adding they will “officially be changing my pronouns to they/them moving forward.”

Lovato said they picked gender-neutral pronouns as “this best represents the fluidity I feel in my gender expression.” They added, “I’m doing this for those out there that haven’t been able to share who they truly are with their loved ones.”

Wikipedia on her is already using the they/them (there/that) stuff.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2021, 10:49:15 AM »

So Demi Lovato is not only suffering a mental aberration, she is also grammatically challenged. She is ONE person -- a single entity. The non-gendered pronoun for a single anything is "it," not "they."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2021, 10:53:13 AM »

I miss the days when there were two genders and transvestites were something you made fun of Thailand for.

Real science hasn't changed. There are still only two genders.
And we still make fun of Thailand for ... that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 11:19:36 AM »
Real science hasn't changed. There are still only two genders.
And we still make fun of Thailand for ... that.
I that is the fallacy of all this.  90+% of people are still normal and most think those people are weird.  However, the leftist media machine makes those people look like they are the majority. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2021, 11:28:59 AM »
I have one gender so I guess that means I'm nonbinary.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2021, 11:46:07 AM »
I have one gender so I guess that means I'm nonbinary.

She would had better success at coming out as a bi woman of color (biwoc, bwoc, nutjob?). I worked with a gay guy in Spokane, even he couldn't understand trangenders (especially the ones who go the surgery route) or some of the crazy stuff going on like this n0n-b1nary thing.

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2021, 11:58:01 AM »
. . .  Now we have short hair glued down to our head and the spray tan turned to 11.. . .
Gorilla glue and Krylon?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2021, 12:00:41 PM »
Gorilla glue and Krylon?

That would be cultural appropriation
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2021, 12:09:36 PM »
Uh... Who is Demi Lovato?
Blog under construction

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2021, 12:56:36 PM »
Uh... Who is Demi Lovato?

some singer sort of person

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2021, 01:04:42 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2021, 01:37:00 PM »
You may or may NOT want to click on view at the link

Kinkshamer Pagliacci┃top .69% on OnlyShame
@Slatzism
·
17h
cosmetic surgeons are now offering "non-binary gender nullification surgeries" to completely remove all traces of an individual's external genitalia.

Yes. Really.
The following media includes potentially sensitive content.
https://twitter.com/Slatzism/status/1395170548930461697?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1395170548930461697%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpjmedia.com%2Fvodkapundit%2F2021%2F05%2F20%2Finsanity-wrap-211-bay-area-surgeon-offers-to-remove-all-external-traces-of-genitalia-n1448378
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 02:17:17 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2021, 02:00:18 PM »
I'm kinda sorry I asked.  I'll just crawl back into my ultra conservative hovel now. :old:

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2021, 02:09:31 PM »
Singers

That's right, she's plural now.