Author Topic: Nonbinary.....what the !  (Read 2250 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Nonbinary.....what the !
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2021, 04:37:53 PM »
If a he or a she chooses to claim non-binaryness, does using "they" as the pronoun rather than "it" mean that he/she/it thinks he/she/it is entitled to more than one vote?

"I'm non-binary -- I self-identify as ten people, so gimme ten ballots and shut up."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2021, 04:42:04 PM »
How bout we just call her, yes I said her, and anyone who believes this crap a booger eating moron and leave it at that. I am sick and tired of stupid people doing stupid things being treated like heroes by the media
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2021, 05:45:27 PM »
How bout we just call her, yes I said her, and anyone who believes this crap a booger eating moron and leave it at that. I am sick and tired of stupid people doing stupid things being treated like heroes by the media
How about we just not call her and never mention her again.   =)

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2021, 09:47:13 PM »

Sounds like a plan. I'm in.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2021, 09:50:24 PM »

Or call her. 867-5309.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2021, 10:49:10 PM »
I'm kinda sorry I asked.  I'll just crawl back into my ultra conservative hovel now. :old:

Interesting how not believing straight-up nonsense is now conservative ultra-conservative.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2021, 11:42:33 PM »
Interesting how not believing straight-up nonsense is now conservative ultra-conservative.

I think you mean Nazi which means anyone to the right of AOC
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 11:56:33 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2021, 09:44:04 AM »
I think you mean Nazi which means anyone to the right of AOC
Funny how they are doing that.  Lefties used to try for the Big Tent mentality and try to convince everyone to join them.  Now they are pushing people away.  Doesn't sound like a winning strategy long term.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2021, 09:57:48 AM »
Non-binary? What does that make me? I like binarying. Spent most of my life in pursuit of binaryism. Had some successes at it, too!  =D

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2021, 09:58:59 AM »
We are not amused.

:rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2021, 09:59:19 AM »
Who is Gina Carrano?
Mixed Martial Arts fighter and actress, she was in The Mandalorian (Star Wars sequel show on Disney+) and a few other things, then she got into some hot water over some scrap on Twitter, and she got fired by Disney for speaking her mind against the current cultural disease.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2021, 01:15:58 PM »
At least this person isn't using the made up xe/xir bullshit.

I still stand on the ground that first and second person pronouns are genderless, and 3rd person pronouns are for the benefit of the speaker and listener, not the object being referenced.  So "preferred pronouns" is a narcissistic way to try and compel attention/thought into a situation that just needs simple clarity.

If person A and person B are talking about person C (person C being the whatevergender person) and person C has a vaguely semi-feminine appearance, then A will say "give the ball to her" to person B.  If person C looks vaguely masculine, then A will say "give the ball to him." 

When person A says "give the ball to xir" it just brings on an error-404 in person B.  C's feelz don't matter, the point of pronouns in this type of 3rd person speech is rapid proxying of a complex proper noun object to a single easily understood reference.  Complicating pronouns just mean they don't get used and everything becomes a proper name instead.

I also stand on the ground that "they" is a plural pronoun and inappropriate for singular 3rd person usage.  The correct singular nongendered pronoun for 3rd person use is "it" but most humans find being referred to as "it" to be degrading.  Almost as if one's masculinity or femininity were a component of their identity, and being deprived it is deliberately insulting.

Which brings up a weird point about the made up pronouns, xe/xir/zhe/zhir/etc.  They're all rough riffs on he/she/him/her.  There's vague echoes of the masculine or feminine in each of them, and the choice to choose one is still basically choosing "he" or "her."  Which entirely negates their point at all.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2021, 01:47:12 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJGkh7pa9M/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

____ ______ comnes out as non-binary. 

Her pronouns:  her/oin

:laugh:

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2021, 03:06:25 PM »

I've been called ultra conservative since the mid 90's when things started going left and I objected to it.  We had someone cross out He in the church Bible and wrote in He/She because it was wrong to refer to our Father, or He, meaning God since obviously it was offensive to the leftist/feminists back then.  I was the liturgist that Sunday and said what someone had done to the altar Bible and had my son bring up my Bible so I could do the reading.  That was the beginning of my Ultra-Conservatism, and it has gotten much stronger since.  I pay as little attention to popular culture as possible, especially so called entertainment, and the trashy folks who are part of it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2021, 03:24:29 PM »
Say hello to the new 4473s
Noticed it when I picked up the Hellcat

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 10:22:47 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2021, 06:50:36 PM »
The Romans had the right idea about the social standing of actors and other entertainers.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2021, 10:14:09 PM »
I've been called ultra conservative since the mid 90's when things started going left and I objected to it.  We had someone cross out He in the church Bible and wrote in He/She because it was wrong to refer to our Father, or He, meaning God since obviously it was offensive to the leftist/feminists back then.  I was the liturgist that Sunday and said what someone had done to the altar Bible and had my son bring up my Bible so I could do the reading.  That was the beginning of my Ultra-Conservatism, and it has gotten much stronger since.  I pay as little attention to popular culture as possible, especially so called entertainment, and the trashy folks who are part of it.

With each passing day, I more strongly believe that "conservative," "right-wing," and all such terms should just be replaced with "American."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2021, 02:58:26 PM »
That's right, she's plural now.

I wonder if she identifies as a choir now.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »
I wonder if she identifies as a choir now.

Unless she can simultaneously sing soprano, alto, tenor and bass, I'd say the best she can hope for is to identify as a choir section.