Author Topic: Partial Eclipse. A Couple of pics.  (Read 952 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Partial Eclipse. A Couple of pics.
« on: October 23, 2014, 07:26:46 PM »
Managed to get a couple of pics of the partial eclipse. Not great but not to bad using a somewhat scratched up welding filter.

using the wife's Nikon D90, she's a little annoyed with me.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Partial Eclipse. A Couple of pics.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:44:43 PM »
using the wife's Nikon D90, she's a little annoyed with me.

You should start a thread to have us recommend cameras for you. Then you could get your own and not have to use the wife's all the time.  =D

Nice shots though. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:58:36 PM »
I didn't know about the eclipse until late this afternoon -- too late to get my welding filters.  I caught a glimpse of it as the sun was setting; past the maximum occlusion, and still too bright for a good look.
"It's good, though..."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:55:23 PM »
I forgot about it, but I wouldn't have been able to see it anyway. It's raining Olympic-sized swimming pools out there.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 01:46:58 AM »
My son got one at maximum through his mini-Celestron which shows those huge sunspots.  For me, it was partly cloudy and the sun was disappearing through the trees anyhow. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:01:32 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 02:11:01 AM »
I had an excellent view of the rain clouds.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 10:12:53 AM »
My son got one at maximum through his mini-Celestron which shows those huge sunspots.  For me, it was partly cloudy and the sun was disappearing through the trees anyhow. 

I could see the cluster of sun spots through my filter but couldn't get the camera to pick them up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 01:40:40 PM »
I had an excellent view of the rain clouds.

I had the same view.

The last good eclipse I captured was an annular eclipse at sunset over the Pacific in January of 1992 using an Olympus OM4 and film. I am not even sure how I did it, I started out shooting through filters and then switched to just the lens.

bob