Author Topic: It's getting so it's not safe to rob or rape, these days...  (Read 875 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
It's getting so it's not safe to rob or rape, these days...
« on: October 25, 2014, 02:35:59 AM »

Three men attempted a home invasion/rape/robbery, and were repelled by one man with a firearm. The defender is in hospital, having sustained multiple GSWs. Two of the accused were also found in hospital, complaining of the same malady. The third was found behind the wheel of the defender's automobile, shot dead.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/26841421/police-3-suspects-shot-during-attempted-home-invasion-near-lumberton-1-dead

I hope the old man pulls through.   :mad:

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: It's getting so it's not safe to rob or rape, these days...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:22:01 AM »
Lumberton is a rough area.  I went to school about an hour from there and had many classmates from Lumberton (Lumbee "Indians").

Chris

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 07:24:46 AM »
So, felony murder charges for the two surviving goblins?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 08:48:57 AM »
It sounds like a planned robbery and the victim was known to the assailants: forcing the victim to open the safe.  How did they know he had a safe, and there was something in there worth robbing?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:17:26 AM »
It sounds like a planned robbery and the victim was known to the assailants: forcing the victim to open the safe.  How did they know he had a safe, and there was something in there worth robbing?

Lumberton is a fairly small and insular town.  There's a good possibility the victim was known by the assailants or associates of the assailants.

Chris

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:01:25 AM »

That's why opsec is so important.

I remember a post about 10 years ago on one of the firearms collector boards.
A guy walked out his front door in the morning and was met with a gun in in his ear when he stepped out on his front porch.
Two men forced him back into his house and made him open all of his gun safes- they had a 'shopping list' of firearms they wanted him to produce, that they found linked to him from his online profile. It wasn't throwaway mosin nagants and yugo mausers they wanted, they walked away with some really high end stuff probably pushing 6-figures in value.

The victim was a prolific poster who posted a lot of detailed pics of stuff in his collection. He also had an email address in his sigline that with 15 seconds of googling, gave his home address... it was something like <firstname lastname>@<cityname>.net

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama