Author Topic: Why I don't do apps  (Read 614 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
Re: Why I don't do apps
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 04:40:26 AM »
Meh, that is more of a problem for the advertisers then the person who's device has the app.

You are correct however that using a device that runs code opens you to the possibility of a malicious code attack. The more code you use, from different places, the greater the risk.

Since it's practically impossible to live in the US today without some kind of, or several kinds of, competing devices it falls on the user to be reasonably careful.  Nothing really new there.

I also have bad news: if you have a smart phone, you use apps. Everything on an android phone is an app.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 05:19:54 AM »
If you have a computer, you use apps.   :police:

Apps are just programs by a different name.  Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc., are all apps.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 06:44:48 AM »
I also have bad news: if you have a smart phone, you use apps. Everything on an android phone is an app.

True, but we're less likely to be affected if we aren't downloading and running apps willy-nilly.

I've only installed like 5 apps.  Most of my usage is the apps that came preinstalled - chrome and gmail.  Amazon.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 10:02:32 AM »
If you have a computer, you use apps.   :police:

Apps are just programs by a different name.  Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc., are all apps.

Nerd correction: not all programs are application software. Operating systems and anti-virus programs, for example, are not apps. They just keep your system running.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 10:08:53 AM »
In America you don’t do apps, apps do you.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 10:12:30 AM »
I like my apps with a Rob Roy on the rocks.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw