Author Topic: AFL-CIO Thug named head of NY State Fed Reserve???  (Read 1103 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
AFL-CIO Thug named head of NY State Fed Reserve???
« on: August 26, 2009, 11:38:22 AM »
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125112547653253819.html

The Federal Reserve chose a labor leader to succeed a former Goldman Sachs executive as the chairman of the Federal Reserve Board of New York's private-sector board of directors.

Denis Hughes, president of the New York state branch of the AFL-CIO, had been serving as acting chairman of the New York Fed board since May, when Stephen Friedman stepped down from the position.

What does this guy know about banking systems?

The link I have is a pay-news site and I don't have an account, so I've been forced to google Denis Hughes.  Nothing involving financial regulation.  Just labor relations.  Srsly, WTF?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

buzz_knox

• friend
Re: AFL-CIO Thug named head of NY State Fed Reserve???
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:44:46 AM »
There's two things at work:

1.  People don't trust those involved in the financial community so they are looking outside the financial community for leadership.  That's why you have people with zero real world financial experience making the rules, and you have people whose only experience is undermining business gaining positions of power over business. 

2.  You are seeing payment for services rendered.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 05:34:45 PM »
There's two things at work:

1.  People don't trust those involved in the financial community so they are looking outside the financial community for leadership.  That's why you have people with zero real world financial experience making the rules, and you have people whose only experience is undermining business gaining positions of power over business. 

2.  You are seeing payment for services rendered.

Buzz, I think you got those backwards!
 :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 05:36:12 PM »

Kneecaps.....he knows kneecaps.... ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »

The link I have is a pay-news site and I don't have an account, so I've been forced to google Denis Hughes.  Nothing involving financial regulation.  Just labor relations.  Srsly, WTF?

Dude, if your task is to undermine or cripple something, knowing about is kinda optional.  You don't need to be a structural engineer to blow up  a bridge, after all.

The point isn't to run a stable and reliable central bank system.  It's corruption, power and ideology.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 05:59:41 AM »
So Tinky Holloway or Wesley Mouch ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 08:54:24 AM »
Buzz, I think you got those backwards!
 :laugh:

Actually, I think it's likely a 50-50 mix.

It's funny driving by the local AFL-CIO HQ.  It also happens to be the HQ for the county Dem party.  If nothing, at least they are open and honest about being in bed together.