Main Forums > The Roundtable

Drunk bus driver - or - Texas Moms don't give a rip about your "rules"

(1/2) > >>

Brad Johnson:
I was helping out at a charity basketball tourny last night when someone noticed that one of the schoolbus drivers was a little less than sober, even noticing a suspicious bottle in the driver's purse. The driver was confronted by the coach and a couple of the team Moms. Sure 'nuff - tipsy. The coach called his principal, who called the transport company, who told them that it might be several hours before the standbye driver could get there.

The Moms, to their credit, didn't go completely ballistic. They started making plans on how to get all the kids home by calling all the other parents with vans, Suburbans, etc. They quickly had enough transport to get the job done. They called the principal to let him know to cancel the standbye driver. Apparently the principal went into legal CYA mode and started telling them they couldn't do that while the kids were at a school event, and that they had to wait for the 'school approved' tranportation method to be arranged. I don't know what was said on the other end of the line, but the reply I heard was (summarized) "... We don't give a rat's behind what you think, or want, or feel, or what some damn lawyer requires. These are OUR kids. WE have everthing taken care of. WE are getting these kids home safe and sound. And WE will deal with YOU and the stinkin' bus company in the morning!" ..click

Go gettum MOM!

Brad

K Frame:
Unfrigging believable.

Did anyone call the police to come and "chat" with the driver?

Brad Johnson:
Don't know. The circus moved to another part of the building after that. Didn't see anything about it in the paper this morning, though, and that's usually the kind of thing that makes some waves around these parts.

Brad

grampster:
When your kids belong to the village, the parents are bullied.  I salute the parents for telling the gubmint execudrone to "Piss Off".

Strings:
I gotta go with Grampster here. Man, you said it FAR better than I could have!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version