Author Topic: Blue Wilderness Dog Food Ad  (Read 1493 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Blue Wilderness Dog Food Ad
« on: August 01, 2011, 09:55:10 PM »
Just saw an ad touting the product for providing meat so your dog can enjoy a diet like that eaten by its wolf ancestors. http://www.bluebuffalo.com/wilderness

What is the glorious grain-free,  predator-friendly protein, you ask? Chicken, salmon, and duck. NB: the website also mentions turkey. Seriously? Not beef, or buffalo, or venison, but poultry and fish. For those of us from the "chicken is a fat vegetable" school, this is ludicrous. If they hadn't made the wolf connection, I wouldn't give a crap.

It conjured up visions of a pack charging into a crystal clear stream snapping up fish in their steely jaws, or mimicking duck calls to keep the birds on the ground until they can snag one.

I don't rant much, and I'm stone sober, but give me a frakking break.

ETA: It may be a wonderful product, and they have the right to sel what people will buy. I'm just royally peeved by the fatuous ad campaign.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:04:41 PM by SADShooter »
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Blue Wilderness Dog Food Ad
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:33:01 PM »
No mouse meat  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:39:25 PM »
There are lots of problems with feeds that combine several sources of animal protien.  One of my dogs developed a severe allergy to something in the feeds we tried (all the high-end and specialty brands) to the point that she needed to go on a boiled lamb and boiled rice diet for several months.  Once she stabilized we tested for whatever specific item it was she was reacting to until it was finally identified.  Found one of the almost-generic brands that had none of what she had reacted to, and a whole lot of none pof most of the other filler stuff either.  Wish I could remember what brand it was, but I've been without her for over 20 years now.  They say memory is the third thing to go.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »
I'm just royally peeved by the fatuous ad campaign.

This is an outrage! I am outraged!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »
Just saw an ad touting the product for providing meat so your dog can enjoy a diet like that eaten by its wolf ancestors.

What is the glorious grain-free,  predator-friendly protein, you ask? Chicken, salmon, and duck. NB: the website also mentions turkey.

They said it had meat.  It has meat.  I don't see a problem.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »
Its all meat?  :O

Welcome to the *expletive deleted*it storm.

Dogs actually do need some veggies and grains in their diets. And high protein diets really are not suitable for your average house dog. The are great for hunting dogs, sled dogs and any other working dogs that are engaged in high energy tasks, but your basic fido doesn't need it and will most likely just get fat on it.

And i'm not kidding about the poop. Trust me, its really, really rank.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 11:13:52 AM »
Do they make a gopher/mole-flavored dog food? I'd buy it....if just to keep Dingo from digging up our yard....  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 02:04:20 PM »
Dogs actually do need some veggies and grains in their diets. And high protein diets really are not suitable for your average house dog. The are great for hunting dogs, sled dogs and any other working dogs that are engaged in high energy tasks, but your basic fido doesn't need it and will most likely just get fat on it.

Our husky pups just loved to go to the outhouse hole for dinner  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin