Author Topic: Brought to Tears With 8 Words  (Read 1105 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Brought to Tears With 8 Words
« on: May 14, 2015, 01:17:39 PM »
No great import, just a simple human story that gave me some needed perspective and a skosh more faith in humanity that I started the day with. (Wasn't much). A tad long, but worth the payoff, IMO. =)

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/when-a-cashier-at-the-grocery-store-brought-me-to-117522947516.html
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Brought to Tears With 8 Words
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »
Must be pollen in the air.  Eyes running and nose all drippy.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 05:53:32 PM »
No.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »
No.

So, you're lachrymose-intolerant. No particular surprise.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 08:32:41 AM »
I'm intolerant of this tear-jerker of the day stuff. What is this, Facebook?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »
I know how this mother feels.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 11:40:37 AM »
I'm intolerant of this tear-jerker of the day stuff. What is this, Facebook?

Wow. Enjoy your wiz Wheaties. Preferably in a thread more amenable to your mood.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 04:23:55 AM »
Wow. Enjoy your wiz Wheaties. Preferably in a thread more amenable to your mood.

That's just Fistful being Fistful, our cat-like widdle guy butting in and treading on what we read.
Shoo, Fistful fluffy-butt.

Back to the OP, that was moving.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 09:57:57 AM »
Awww :)

I think it kind of sucks that everyone doesn't have these moments every day. It's not hard to just be nice and say something nice. And that one person who says something that's just nice can really make any day better.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 11:00:02 AM »
Awww :)

I think it kind of sucks that everyone doesn't have these moments every day. It's not hard to just be nice and say something nice. And that one person who says something that's just nice can really make any day better.

That's what struck me about it. I'm usually in fistful's camp, to be honest. I work with a widowed mother of four who has an adult son with autism, now also caring for her declining mother in law and working a complex full time job. She is almost always cheerful in dealing with life challenges which would make me a thumb-sucking fetal ball in the corner. Seeing someone take a moment to be caring and decent in the middle of our daily troubles should be cause for a brief moment of reflection and quiet celebration.