Author Topic: HuffPo may have just changed my life...  (Read 1330 times)

SADShooter

• friend
HuffPo may have just changed my life...
« on: June 29, 2015, 04:10:15 PM »
...with the Deep Fried Scrambled Egg Bun. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nick-chipman/the-deep-fried-scrambled-egg-bun-burger_b_7689990.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

i am simultaneously agog and a-flutter. :O
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: HuffPo may have just changed my life...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 04:16:18 PM »
I had already gained two pounds just from reading the description, so I decided not to watch the video.  But thanks.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 05:04:01 PM »
Hrrrrnnnnnnngggg!  Crashes to the floor.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 05:06:04 PM »
I had already gained two pounds just from reading the description, so I decided not to watch the video.  But thanks.

They do heart transplants, and they still do bypasses.

Bet it would be best with 75/25% beef, instead of that cheap 80/20% stuff.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 05:07:23 PM »
Hrrrrnnnnnnngggg!  Crashes to the floor.

Clear!

Hang in there with us, 41magsnub.  Ignore the light.  Come back to the cheesecake.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »
Here is the guy's website.  View it at your own risk.  

http://dudefoods.com/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 05:07:46 PM »
If we are going for it, why not replace the burger with a sausage patty?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 05:11:22 PM »
Needs moar bacon.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
Needs moar bacon.

The burger wasn't actually my first thought, which was running along the lines of a BLTonE, a Benedict sandwich, or CHOMP (custom heartstopper omelet, man-portable).
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »
Lame. When us real dudes want a breakfast burger, we just eat a burger. For breakfast. With scrambled eggs and cheese on the side.

I'm tired of people making lame "breakfast" versions of things. Pizzas, burgers, whatever. If you want to eat a pizza for breakfast, then eat a real pizza - not a pizza with eggs on it.

I like eggs and bacon and such, but why does something need to have eggs and bacon to be good breakfast food? It doesn't.

Eat what you want, when you want.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 05:26:19 PM »
Lame. When us real dudes want a breakfast burger, we just eat a burger. For breakfast. With scrambled eggs and cheese on the side.

I'm tired of people making lame "breakfast" versions of things. Pizzas, burgers, whatever. If you want to eat a pizza for breakfast, then eat a real pizza - not a pizza with eggs on it.

I like eggs and bacon and such, but why does something need to have eggs and bacon to be good breakfast food? It doesn't.

Thank you for your input. If one wants a sandwich-like meal item without bread, this presents an alternative, which was my point in posting.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 05:27:51 PM »
Thank you for your input. If one wants a sandwich-like meal item without bread, this presents an alternative, which was my point in posting.

Ohhhhh, so the low-carb thing. I see.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 06:50:37 PM »

Who says we're eating it for breakfast?

Why do you regulate eggs and bacon to being just breakfast foods?

If I want to eat bacon and eggs for dinner and put them on my burger, who are you to judge?

DOWN WITH THE CIS BURGER!!!
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 01:19:29 AM »
You vill eat porridge for breakfast, and dry toast for lunch. If you make zee requisite number of vidgets before sundown, you vill be allotted an extra ration of braunschweiger.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »
The burger wasn't actually my first thought, which was running along the lines of a BLTonE, a Benedict sandwich, or CHOMP (custom heartstopper omelet, man-portable).
I hate hollandaise sause (had to look up the spelling).  I am also curious if the scrambled egg patties are pre-cooked.  I would assume so.  Undercooked, runny scambled eggs should be outlawed. 

As far as heart conditions, this doesn't look near as unhealthy as a lot of big burgers I have seen mentioned. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 09:18:25 AM »
Showed his site to someone at work, looks like the deep fried peanut butter bacon balls are going to get made.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 09:26:02 AM »

Why replace it? Burgers are great with a couple slices of Taylor Ham on them, I'd think a sausage patty topping would be just as good.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 09:50:52 AM »
I had another idea. McDonald's could market a new sandwich called the Egg McStuffin.

I hate hollandaise sause (had to look up the spelling).  I am also curious if the scrambled egg patties are pre-cooked.  I would assume so.  Undercooked, runny scambled eggs should be outlawed. 

As far as heart conditions, this doesn't look near as unhealthy as a lot of big burgers I have seen mentioned. 

Per the recipe, the eggs are cooked, combined with cheese and frozen. Even if slightly undercooked initially, the frying would certainly set them up firm.

And sauce Hollandaise is one of a very few things for which the French deserve due credit. :P

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 10:07:15 AM »
Honestly... looks low carb.

Skip the flour dredge on the egg patties, and if you ate that for the rest of your life, with a bit of Vitamin C to ward off scurvy, you'd be rail thin with very low cholesterol and triglycerides.
I promise not to duck.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 11:36:15 AM »
SWMBO found a great recipe for dinner last night.  Mix ground beef with various herbs and spices that you like, and form into balls.  Take an onion and cut it in half.  Peel the layers and use them to sandwich the beef balls.  Then wrap it with bacon (2-3 strips depending on the size of the onion).  Bake at 350 until almost done, then finish on the grill.
Formerly sumpnz

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 08:40:51 PM »
7 AM  Davie's Chuckwagon Diner, down in Wheat Ridge.

Biiig plateful of hash browns, two fat sausage patties, two nice and runny sunny side up eggs, two slices of heavily buttered white toast, left with the plate looking like it was just washed, coffee outside with a cigarette.

<$10.

Y' gotta stress your system occasionally.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.