Author Topic: Windows 7 Desktop Icon Trick  (Read 1328 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Windows 7 Desktop Icon Trick
« on: January 31, 2010, 10:34:04 PM »
I bet a bunch of you know this already, but for those who don't, maybe I'll save you my frustration...

My stupid desktop icon size was driving me crazy. The default seems to be a tip of the hat to the 640x480 rez days. I was having a heck of a time finding where in control panel I could size them small enough to suit me, and finally googled for it.

A neat quick fix for the size is to left click on any icon, then hold down Ctrl and use your mouse wheel to size the icons to whatever you want.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Windows 7 Desktop Icon Trick
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:48:46 PM »
That's one I didn't know, thanks.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 10:49:10 PM »
Cool, thanks.  I'm new to Windows 7, and while the default icon sizes didn't really bother me, it's still a neat trick.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 12:54:16 AM »
Works in Vista too.  Just click anywhere on the desktop, then control+mouse wheel does the resize.
(Works in windows explorer windows too.)

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:42:47 AM »
another handy trick for Win 7 users  the "godmode" folder
create a folder on your desktop.. then name it this
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

It can actually be called anything you want where GodMode is typed.
it's the string after that that will create a very handy single place for all those control panel tweaks
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:05:38 AM »
Wow thanks Veloce, very nice!