Author Topic: Windows 7 dual monitor screen saver  (Read 2588 times)

taurusowner

Windows 7 dual monitor screen saver
« on: March 30, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »
I have a Windows 7 desktop with dual monitors.  When my screen saver comes on, it only shows on the primary screen while the secondary is black.  Is there a way to have the screen saver appear on both?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Windows 7 dual monitor screen saver
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 02:59:40 PM »
On-board video or video card?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »
i bet you're using a 3d screen saver, have you tried turning on dual monitor 3d acceleration. [popcorn] otherwise you might try a 2d screen saver =D.

taurusowner

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 03:35:01 PM »
video card with 2 outputs, one VGA and one DVI.  And actually I switch between one that just does an pictures slide show, and one that has that Matrix code flowing on the screen.  Here's the thing, sometimes when I use the built in Windows Bubbles screen saver, where it doesn't turn the screen off but just has objects moving around the desktop, those seamlessly transition between monitors.  Oh yeah, I'm running UltraMon as well.

Another somewhat related issue, is there a free app out there that can lock the mouse to one monitor?  When I play RTS games like Command and Conquer, I can't drag the mouse in all 4 directions, as it will just jump off the screen when I drag the cursor that direction.