Author Topic: Windows XP Media Center ??  (Read 734 times)

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
Windows XP Media Center ??
« on: July 05, 2006, 12:15:28 PM »
I know nothing about WXPMC and was wondering if the same programs (Office 2003, Quake4 Half-Life2, Doom3, etc) that will run on XP Pro will run on it? Microsoft says it will but they say a lot of things.

I guess I want to keep my options open for an OS that will be installed on my next PC. It will be used for gaming and other non-business activities mostly but also to do some real work if I need to. I have never used WXPMC myself so I do not know of any major issues with the OS other than not being able to join a domain.

Thanks...

PS...By OS I mean Windows OS not Linux or others non-M$.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 12:55:46 PM »
Yeah, that stuff should all run.  If I understand things correctly, Media Center is XP with some extra crap tacked on.  It's still the same OS.

/me hugs his OS X Smiley

Iain

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 01:39:04 PM »
Yep, it's XP with extras.

Get a remote if you're going to buy it, makes the extras more worthwhile.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 03:12:48 PM »
My brother's got it on his computer, no issues with any applications or games. Yeah, definitely get the remote, as that's what you'll use most often to access the extra stuff. Especially if you hook your TV, etc., up to it.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 06:12:16 PM »
Is the remote from M$ or is it just a universal remote?
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!