Author Topic: this work? worth it?  (Read 1002 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
this work? worth it?
« on: March 01, 2010, 10:18:11 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/D-Link-2-Bay-Network-Storage-Hard-Drive_W0QQitemZ320491981751QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCC_Drives_Storage_Internal?hash=item4a9ecf8bb7

was thinking about dropping a pair of 1 tb drives in it and hooking it up to home network.

and while i'm asking how is my new laptop with vista gonna play with others in my xp world/.  or should i go ahead and do windows 7 right away
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cordex

• Administrator
Re: this work? worth it?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 07:57:54 PM »
If you're planning on throwing straightforward RAID 1 mirroring on that for extra data security, then it should be cool.  I've had nothing but trouble with concatenated JBOD arrays.

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:20:18 PM »
shoot  i understood raid  barely  after that i was lost
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 09:39:47 PM »
so if i got a powered usb hub i could spin up the drive(s) and still keep the port?  i already have a wireless print server

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 09:44:37 PM »
the raid enclosures are powered. =) that was just the part or the review on hard drives, the comments have some more information. i haven't tried this, i just saw it would be a way of doing it. hopefully i didn't just confuse you for nothing. =(

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
i was confused before i ever came here.  but i truly enjoy learning from all the folks here who offer so many alternatives. the fact that i can even consider playing with these toys is mindblowing for me