Author Topic: Those eeeevilllll price-gouging.gas stations  (Read 6020 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: Those eeeevilllll price-gouging.gas stations
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 09:21:43 PM »
Get rid of all the tax added to a gallon and it might get cheaper. Although, I think we are a little spoiled on gas prices. I remember almost 7$ a gallon in west Germany in the 80s
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 11:13:42 AM »
I've sure heard a lot of bitching about "Big Pharmaceuticals".  
Just as a data point - some years back I got some prescription eyedrops. Just for fun, looking at the volume in the container and the (very) low concentration of the actual drug, I decided to compute the price of the actual medication.

It was north of $30,000,000 per gallon.

Make of it what you will.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2015, 11:41:02 AM »
I had once seen a much better chart but can't find it now,
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 11:41:31 AM »
Just as a data point - some years back I got some prescription eyedrops. Just for fun, looking at the volume in the container and the (very) low concentration of the actual drug, I decided to compute the price of the actual medication.

Sure, there will always be that in any industry. I just look at the number of ailments that now can be treated with medication rather than with surgery, as was once the case, and marvel.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »
Get rid of all the tax added to a gallon and it might get cheaper. Although, I think we are a little spoiled on gas prices. I remember almost 7$ a gallon in west Germany in the 80s
I would rather get rid of other taxes like the income tax.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 01:38:38 PM »
Oh, and one more thing about gas - the EPA mandates literally dozens of regional and seasonal formulations for gas around the country which serves to drive up prices, as do the mandates to dilute the fuel with ethanol . . . which is itself subsidized, and which helps to drive up the cost of other farm goods.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

brimic

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 03:41:41 PM »

Having worked in the pharmaceutical industry I would conclude that R@D marketing is very expensive.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama