Author Topic: Ryan Stops Interview With Reporter  (Read 3053 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Ryan Stops Interview With Reporter
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:37:26 PM »
Looks like the reporter had an agenda. What I also found interesting was that when Obama's people used Ryan's stopping the interview against him, they only mentioned the tax cuts, not the gun control. Looks like they're treading lightly on the gun issue this close to the election.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/10/08/ryan-cuts-reporter-linking-gun-violence-tax-cuts
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Ryan Stops Interview With Reporter
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »
I know it is not a popular opinion on this board, but just as I thought at the last election, I don't think the President is going to do very much, if at all, in terms of making gun laws generally more restrictive, and the last four years bear this out, in my opinion.  Go back four years on this board, read the political gun control threads before and after the election, and ask how many of the predictions have come true.  I have not seen the JBT confiscating our guns and sending us all off to the FEMA re-education camps in Montana.   [tinfoil]

I think it is too much of a political hot potato even for a lame duck Democrat, if the President were to be re-elected.  Between the work of the NRA and Congress, I am not expecting wholesale gun restrictions in the next Administration, regardless of whom is elected.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:41:46 AM »
I know it is not a popular opinion on this board, but just as I thought at the last election, I don't think the President is going to do very much, if at all, in terms of making gun laws generally more restrictive, and the last four years bear this out, in my opinion.  Go back four years on this board, read the political gun control threads before and after the election, and ask how many of the predictions have come true.  I have not seen the JBT confiscating our guns and sending us all off to the FEMA re-education camps in Montana.   [tinfoil]

I think it is too much of a political hot potato even for a lame duck Democrat, if the President were to be re-elected.  Between the work of the NRA and Congress, I am not expecting wholesale gun restrictions in the next Administration, regardless of whom is elected.

It won't be direct. He'll continue to lay the groundwork through the EPA and BATFE. 

I think when we finally see the documents on Gun Walker, it will be obvious what the BATFE was doing..... :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 09:47:10 AM »
Well keep your eyes peeled, because Romney, despite the NRA thingy, is no friend of owning guns either. Don't let the "couple of hunting trips" fool you. Right now he is in the Flop phase regarding gun control, after election, he may very well go back to the Flip.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 10:43:57 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that Obama would like boost gun control but realizes it isn't politically feasible. If he gets reelected? Well, then he doesn't have to worry so much about the feasibility anymore, since he doesn't have to worry about getting reelected.

Also, this is the man that sent both Sotomayor and Kagan to the SCOTUS. Both of them would undo Heller if given the chance.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 11:18:42 AM »
It won't be direct. He'll continue to lay the groundwork through the EPA and BATFE. 

I think when we finally see the documents on Gun Walker, it will be obvious what the BATFE was doing..... :facepalm:

Plus eleventy billion.

ATF was architecting a 5th column attack against US civil liberties by manufacturing a crisis that wasn't there.  And doing it at the behest, or at least enjoying tacit support from, this administration.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 12:03:05 PM »
Well keep your eyes peeled, because Romney, despite the NRA thingy, is no friend of owning guns either. Don't let the "couple of hunting trips" fool you. Right now he is in the Flop phase regarding gun control, after election, he may very well go back to the Flip.

- The MA AWB was already permanent years before the bill that Romney signed. The legislation did add anything new to the list of banned guns or restrictions. It was a bill that actually improved things slightly for gun owners.

- The MA legislature was, and is 90% Dem and extremely liberal to boot. They wanted to "do something" when the federal ban was expiring, because gun control is a winner in MA and there is no effective resistance to it, so it always passes. (They could have overridden him anyway easily)

- Despite the fearmongering by the anti's, the MA AWB was not expiring, but they wanted to pull some language from the federal ban into state statute, so that's what they did, even though it was an empty gesture.

- The MA supreme court had already ruled that 2A didn't apply to MA, so no state court challenge to a state ban was going to go anywhere.

- Romney was the first MA gov in years who had given the state level NRA affiliate, MA GOAL, an opportunity to meet with him, and they came up with a set of improvements to gun laws that they wanted. Romney basically took those and asked if they get added to the bill, would it be acceptable to both sides said yes, so he signed it.

- Now granted at the signing, Romney DID MAKE numerous anti-gun statements. However, it's thought that he just went with the copy he was given by his staff, or that he was just blowing smoke up the anti's you-know-what to help belie the pro-gun tidbits GOAL asked him to add into the bill.

I don't think Romney is a "gun guy", but I don't think he's an anti-gun guy either. And I think he's astute enough to know what will and will not fly with the American public, and he knows anti-gun legislation is a loser, and maybe it's just a gut unfounded feeling, but he seems like he's willing to fulfill the will of the people, be it the ones in MA, or the larger pro-RKBA views nationwide.

Obama, I think he's already shown he's willing to do BIG THINGS that are against the will of the people, such as the Affordable Care Act polling 60% against... Second term Obama would be even worse.
I promise not to duck.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 12:52:03 PM »

Things as momentous as overturning the Second Amendment don't happen with a lightning bolt, but Obama has two lightning bolts in his quiver.  One is the U.N. and a generation that wants to see itself as "citizens of the world," that has been raised to think guns are for crazy people; the second is SCOTUS, and the fact that a lot of Americans will prefer to be "lawful" rather than free if somehow Obama gets the majority on the Court he desires.  All of this presumes--no sure thing--he is re-elected.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »
Just remember that after his election Obama will have much more flexibility.   He'll have nothing to lose.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »
IMO, Obama has actually done a good bit of anti-gun rights work despite no new laws.  Two anti-gun rights SC appointments are very big.  I think a lot of it would have had more impact if it wasn't for recent SC opinions affirming gun rights. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 05:57:32 PM »
You know... who cares about guns, when you have NDAA and Obamacare and DHS and all the other GroupThink and NewSpeak programs that demean the essence of liberty in this country?

Guns? ???

Guns?  Really? :'(

Romney, Ryan, Obama... don't matter.  It's still Statism.  It still rots the root of the Tree of Liberty.  If the tree falls down to the left, or to the right, doesn't matter.  It's still dead.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHYvprDuaE#t=29m

"Good Bye, Blue Sky"

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:03:46 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 12:11:49 AM »
I see you all continue to dance around the real issue here - Ryan cut short the interview because of he is a racist...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 01:20:57 AM »
I see you all continue to dance around the real issue here - Ryan cut short the interview because of he is a racist...

...and a bigot, too!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 02:51:24 PM »
The GOP should have stopped playing the Loser Game long, long, long ago.  The time for walk-outs is long overdue.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.