Author Topic: Where is everybody?  (Read 4832 times)

Preacherman

Where is everybody?
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2006, 10:09:55 AM »
Cosine, if your thread gets hijacked, does that mean it's going off at a tangent?

Tongue
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Where is everybody?
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2006, 10:49:03 AM »
Good night John boy...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

grampster

• friend
Where is everybody?
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2006, 11:53:41 AM »
Padre,

You just have to be careful that you don't get  high  on   pot'n   put a   noose   around yer neck.  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Where is everybody?
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2006, 08:50:42 PM »
Been busy, doing a couple outprocessing checklists and getting ready to wear Garanimals.

In the meantime, I did make time for a trip to the range today.  32 degrees this morning in sunny Cocoa Beach, FL.  No matter, rifles were loaded into the truck, and off to the range we went.

"New" scopes needed to be zeroed on a couple of rifles, I'm going retro on scopes as part of a nostalgia kick.   Both were vintage El Paso Weavers, of the steel-tube variety.  Art, lessee if these bring back memories to your ancient eyes:

1917 Amberg Gewehr98 Mauser in 8mm, completely restored Weaver V8 external-adjust 2-8x:

1969 Belgian Browning BAR in .30-06, NIB Weaver VX9 Auto comp/rangefinder 3-9x:

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Lennyjoe

• friend
Where is everybody?
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2006, 09:06:57 PM »
Must be nice.  I'm beating my head trying to get rid of this friggin malware.  Got tagged by the ngpw36 malware and am having  a bear of a time getting rid of it.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Where is everybody?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2006, 09:12:39 PM »
I've been fighting malware here for the last couple weeks too, Lennyjoe.  3 machines on the home network have the stuff, pop-ups and way-too-friendly offers to clean spyware, etc.  I *think* it came via #2 stepson's use of Yahoo for his email and chat.  

Microsoft did begrudgingly release a patch for some malware protection, but it seems not to help in our case.  I may have to reformat and restore, soon.

Mike, how's your fight going?
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Lennyjoe

• friend
Where is everybody?
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2006, 05:06:11 AM »
Sounds like the same thing I got.  Mike got his system cleaned up thanks to Chris.  

Short of buying an ad-aware program I'm still in the fight.  Most of the free software won't kill it and even Norton Anti-virus in safe mode isnt picking it up.  When you go to task manager under applications if you see ngpw36 running then you got the same thing.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
Where is everybody?
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2006, 12:32:16 PM »
I just wanted to say that I have nothing to say, and this seemed like the place to, er, not say it.

Huh?
One day at a time.

cosine

• Administrator
Where is everybody?
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2006, 08:26:01 PM »
Hey, there's people here tonight. No need to have a conversation with myself like last week. Cheesy
Andy

grampster

• friend
Where is everybody?
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2006, 08:31:02 PM »
Wanna bet?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cosine

• Administrator
Where is everybody?
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2006, 08:32:39 PM »
Must... keep... from... posting... Aw, heck!
Andy

cosine

• Administrator
Where is everybody?
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2006, 08:34:34 PM »
Quote from: grampster
Wanna bet?
No thanks. I know I'll lose. Cheesy
Andy

grampster

• friend
Where is everybody?
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2006, 08:36:50 PM »
Actually, given the propensities of the inhabitants of this campfire, I thought I made a stupid bet, actually.  Wouldn't be the first time...sigh...

Where is everybody?
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »
Life Stuff.
Even Though an Older returning student, and in b/t semesters, I had homework and such to do.
The fall semester I started Part 1 of 4 parts of a Cisco Curricula, so me being me I have been going over what covered, and reading ahead to Spring Semester.

I also knew some other subjects I would be taking in the Spring, and knowing the instructors, I started getting prepped and using some online sites provided to me ( access to).

Most likely I will be Using Mac OS for one class, I am more familar with Windows - Windows / MS up to know is what my studies focused on in these CIS/IT studies. So have been reading to get a feel of this new to me OS.
My Mac knowledge is limited and about 7 years old of what I was exposed to...

Personal Stuff for Mom and her health, home, and whatever...such as doing research on meds and using some limited Medical studies I took...

Some other folks I know are dealing with Cancers and such, so I do a little piddlin' on the Internet and assited with them finding some sites they can access on their own to ask better questions, better understand what is going on, and find some support from others going thru same situations. Includes for the family as much as the indivual going thru the illness.

I have been doing more and more offline with Folks. Landline, PM, and email.

Some areas  that have yet to pan out for me - I keep plugging away...

I read quite a bit. I often just lurk, keep tabs, or use resources from TFL/THR Libraries - or links folks provide from posts I read.

I also sometimes for a mental break, just pick someone I know and respect, and read their old posts. Sometimes for a particular subject, sometimes just to learn from them / about them.

Regards,

Steve

cosine

• Administrator
Where is everybody?
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 09:44:05 PM »
Hey, I'm the only one here again! Waita sec... lots of people can't get here. Man, that takes all the fun out of talking to myself. *sigh*
Andy

cosine

• Administrator
Where is everybody?
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2006, 05:50:02 AM »
Lots of people here again... must be finding Derek's back door.
Andy

Stickjockey

• friend
Where is everybody?
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2006, 07:45:24 AM »
Ah, here we are! i was beginning to think APS had slipped into some time-warp or something.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

cosine

• Administrator
Where is everybody?
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 08:50:32 AM »
Even through this down time we're getting new registered users. They must be finding this place through THR.
Andy