Author Topic: Starbucks makes an itty bitty green mistake.  (Read 1522 times)

Starbucks makes an itty bitty green mistake.
« on: February 18, 2006, 12:19:43 AM »
So Wednesday finds me out of town on business finding out all kinds of weird stuff on voting - for a rundown see:

http://www.bbvforums.org/cgi-bin/forums/board-auth.cgi?file=/1954/19353.html

I needed to write up details while it was still fresh, but my laptop was nearly out of juice.  Time for someplace with a powerplug to sit and type.  I'm not into coffee but hey, the Venti apple cider ain't half bad Smiley.

So I'm minding my own biz, typing away, and this pert young thing is wandering around with a tray of sample sized cups of "something new".  At first I'm not interested because I don't drink coffee but, wait, it ain't coffee, it's "green tea latte".

Oh.  Arright, I'll try anything once.

SipGAG!

I'm not quite sure how they managed to make a froth out of liquified toe fungus but they appear to have managed.

Don't ask me why.

Oh guys?  Send this one back to the lab and tell Igor to lay off sniffing glue for a while.

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 01:59:00 AM »
I remember seeing ads for some green tea concoction when I was in WA a few months ago. I like green tea, but I'm glad I stuck with the vanilla latte. Smiley Don't have to worry about it now, closest Starbucks to me is in Dulles, over an hour away. Not like WA, where there's five coffee shops within 10 seconds walk at all times. Probably for the best though. Until then, I'd only had instant Folgers, and wasn't a big fan of coffee. Once you discover the good stuff, it can get a little addicting... Tongue
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 02:14:02 AM »
I HATE coffee! It messes up my shootin'!

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 06:33:13 AM »
How much does a cuppa kawfee cost at a Starbuck's?

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 06:51:25 AM »
Quote from: Art Eatman

Art
About the same $$ as it costs to keep my coffee cup at home full for a month.

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 07:12:58 AM »
Depends whether you're moving to Montana soon... Cheesy

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 07:36:25 AM »
Quote from: Declaration Day
Quote from: Art Eatman

Art
About the same $$ as it costs to keep my coffee cup at home full for a month.
You can buy a month's supply of coffee for $1.50ish?  That's the price of a cup of plain coffee at Starbucks (+/- depending on size).  Plain coffee there isn't much more than plain coffee at 7-11.  Sadly though, the 7-11 coffee is better.

Chris

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 07:38:43 AM »
Plain coffee there isn't much more than plain coffee at 7-11.  Sadly though, the 7-11 coffee is better.
My experience as well.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 10:31:01 AM »
Quote from: mtnbkr
You can buy a month's supply of coffee for $1.50ish?  That's the price of a cup of plain coffee at Starbucks (+/- depending on size).  Plain coffee there isn't much more than plain coffee at 7-11.  Sadly though, the 7-11 coffee is better.

Chris
Okay, it's about $5 to keep my cup full for a month.  I was basing my estimate on the assumption that most people don't go to Star Schmucks for a plain coffee.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 11:56:24 AM »
Their prepared drinks are expensive and subpar. Their beans are tasty, tho. Chill, grind, brew, aahhhhh. Yummy
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 05:15:53 AM »
I don't have a tremendously refined sense of taste when it comes to coffee, but I honestly can't tell the difference between pre-ground Folgers and freshly-ground Starbucks or between percolated and drip.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 05:27:44 AM »
Quote from: cordex
I don't have a tremendously refined sense of taste when it comes to coffee, but I honestly can't tell the difference between pre-ground Folgers and freshly-ground Starbucks or between percolated and drip.
I can.  The Folgers will taste better.  Starbucks, and most "gourmet" coffee houses for that matter, overroasts their coffee.  A good medium to medium dark roast, enough coffee for the amount of water being used and you'll get a good cup.  You can get good (or at least drinkable) results with cheap coffee, but you can easily ruin good coffee with bad form.  
I was basing my estimate on the assumption that most people don't go to Star Schmucks for a plain coffee.
The only time I buy anything other than plain coffee at Starbucks is when they're offering their holiday themed Gingerbread Latte.  I hesitate to call it coffee given the amount of sugar, milk, and flavoring, but it's pretty dang tasty to me.  My wife, not a coffee drinker at all, like's it too.  During the Christmas Holiday, we'll spend about $10-$15 between the two of us on these concoctions.  I don't spend that much the entire rest of the year at the place. Smiley

Chris