Author Topic: How we imagine each other..  (Read 9677 times)

How we imagine each other..
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2006, 04:59:48 PM »
*sigh*

I keep telling you folks - I ain't that big of a deal.

Been a helluva day...
...Barbara, bless her heart, she gets a public thank you from me. Smiley

Going to tie up some stuff in this thread also mentioned in the "Formal Dress" thread.

Only Larry , his wife Sandy and Preacherman have met me in person. Others  here know my voice.

In another life best to keep low profile, meaning I often kept hid in plain site. I have no pic of me, some exist in some of what I did, just folks don't tell, being real trusted and close. Most of these were aware of my / that work I did.

I quit shaving my moustache when hit 20 years of age, been wearing one every since. Dirty blond hair, and only recently a bit of gray showing in moustache , head hair, no gray. Now head hair...been long - to longer - to ponytail. Larry, Sandy , and Precherman - my hair is longer than when you last saw me.

Now I quit wearing 3 pc suits when I was a brat. Does not mean I have not dressed to the nines in a tux, coat and tie, complete with a Patek Phillipe, Rolex, Omega, accented by Gold, Platinum and diamonds. I was playing what needed "playing".

I may walk in with a jump suit on,, painter's overalls on... ponytail out - leave with casual pants, oxford shirt, and ponytail hid by the upturned collar of a light jacket...security was crucial, I just happen to have a knack for this work, had great mentors...it clicked.

I'm a kahki pants, button down long sleeve oxford shirt, cordovan penny loafer , with a blue blazer for "dressing up and heading ou kind of guy.  I think I still own 2, maybe 3 ties, rarely wear one.

Comfy Jeans, white tennis shoes , button down long sleeve oxford shirt, green brings out my eyes. My eyes..at first glance folks think bluish...more you look the more greenish they get. I get pissed, or in a "determinined" mindset - like competition...."oh my, eyes are green , watch out!"

I am not that smart , instead got street smarts. I have run and can still run in the uppity circles if need...more comfortable to be what I am , and often play down what I am quite a bit. Older I get - more I realize what I don't know. Getting dumber by the minute...

I can enter and leave and not be noticed...a good skill learned early that came/ comes in handy.

Alan Jackson came about from me , a truck, a farm field and Alan Jackson video [ "A little mud on tires", or whatever it is...] Folks got to listening to Jackson, seeing videos...rembering how deep I buried a car, or truck...taking two tractors to get my vehicle out...not real important to do this immediatly, birds needed shooting, matters of priorities you understand.

My ex, we go back a long ways and better times. Always said , even back in the early 70's " Sam Elliot knocks on my door - I'm leaving with him...".
Watching the  "Sacketts" on tape, her Sister calls about a  new Alan Jackson video on ..." Who needs Alan, when I gots Sam sitting here rubbing my back?"

Another lady special back when...(b/t this early 70's and later on when that gal I got married.) had names too. Desperado , Sam Elliot again, and she'd get all knobby- kneed seeing Steve McQueen in his movies. Cars, Shotguns and bikes...Back a bunch of us did a " Great Escape" and went rouge, Rebel and outlaw. Then again given a choice, "Sam knocks on my door, I'm leaving with him...". Get a call, "McQeen movie on such and such channel..."
" So what - I got Sam Elliot reading Ruark to me...".

Better sit down, swallow, remove anything from computer area...

Now, funny part is , for whatever reason, the question was asked if I would consider having my picture made, or  similar, in regard to shooting, shotguns, dogs, 1911s and other stuff I seem to like. Two folks have asked...I laughed...they were serious.

I don't even own a camera...much less...

So I said yeah if and when the opportunity ( our schedules) allow.  Kinda still a good idea to not do a full facial, some folks think I still am involved in some stuff I used to do....been reminded I watch that.

A third person has used me for sketches, charcoal, pen and ink...that work was for art class stuff, later for some  illustrations for a children's pamplet  they did.  I do not have a copy, that person has now passed, so who knows if any copies exist. Just some ramblins taken from me , sketches of me assisting kids in learning to shoot. Me out with kids on a first dove hunt. That was "me" with hands on feet getting a stance right, me behind a kid assisting him pattern a gun, shooting one, or out dove hunting. Easy to spot, sure enough I am also giving a dog  peppermint, kid has a stick of jerky sticky out of his pocket and holding a dove.

Brings back a memory of a special person , special times. Truth is, she would not mind if I did this again...kinda want to if truth be known.  Think "Old Man and The Boy and the Sketches in that Ruark's work. Just a pamplet size for kids...part of their "kid's" bag she/we / our kind would give to kids back when sharing and passing forward...Texas, years ago...

Sentimenal ? Not me, just a regular old southern boy, passing forward as passed to me is all.

"Take 'em boys".
"If I need one of them, figure be plenty on the ground".
"Pleasure to meet ya ma'am".

Carry guns ( now gone) , how " I am", take a look at American First Freedom , February 2006, page 50. One was a SA, the other a Colt, magazine picture has a bit more blue than what I carried. My stuff has character like this...

I know, Barbara can be Katheryn Ross, I'll be Elliot, do a retro photo shoot...
She'll be eating chocolate, me a fried apple pie...
Tongue

steve

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2006, 05:04:20 PM »
Brian
<><
:)

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2006, 05:58:36 PM »
Quote from: 280plus
For the record...This was taken about 25 lbs ago Tongue
In which direction? Tongue

Here's me this past summer (I'm the older one in the middle, the pretty young thing on the right is my daughter, the one on the left is my goddaughter).

Chris

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2006, 06:08:42 PM »
Aww look at that sweet innocent face. She can't be capable of all those things Mike Irwin talks about. Tongue

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2006, 07:44:52 PM »
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

P95Carry

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2006, 08:04:25 PM »
I've got pics of, or I have met:
Dang Larry, and I thought you'd seen a pic of my ugly mug!!!  I have a pic of you and Sandy so - know who to look out for at Tulsa!!!!  I am sure I imagine many folks totally wromg!

This pic is hardly much giveaway but here astride my steed! Smiley

Well Sylvagus - that link was a dead 'un!!!

`
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2006, 08:45:51 PM »
"Got any mental pictures of people here and wonder how they match up."

Nope, not at all.

Don't know why, but I never engage in those sorts of exercises.

Funny, mtnbkr, but you certainly didn't have that big a grin on your face this evening after your daughter's protracted "whine and cheese" festival... Cheesy

That sweet, innocent face hides a heart of pure, concentrated, full-contact evil, Garret.

I had dinner with mtnbkr, his wife, and their daughter this evening. I got away relatively unscathed, but mtnbkr's wife didn't... That sickening thud you probably heard was the daughter's head impacting with the wife's mouth! (true story)

I have to admit, though, mtnbkr's daughter has full possession of my heart (and is probably entertaining ideas of disecting it with a chainsaw...)
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2006, 08:54:42 PM »
OK, I suppose I should share...

Bad day, long meeting, me contemplating messy demises for some particularly long-winded, low-witted coworkers.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 02:16:49 AM »
In which direction? Tongue
From then I've gone up dammit UP!!  Smiley

(This married life is killin' me...)

See, now I always pictured P95 as a bit younger...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 02:51:54 AM »
Edited to a different picture so certain forum members will save the terrorist-type jokes for their private amusement, vs. public.

Doing what I do best, which is a pillow for my slobbering monster of a dog, regardless of where I am in the house...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 04:10:59 AM »
I had a tough time finding a picture to post, not too many pictures of me out there. Here's one of me looking all shnazzy-like working on the house.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 04:19:56 AM »
sm-figured him for a younger version of maybe Clint Eastwood in "Every Which Way but Loose."

dasmi- younger, rangier, with dark hair.

Gewehr98- younger, darker hair, no 'stache. BTW, what's that you're in? C-9?
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 04:48:44 AM »
Younger? I'm 24!

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006, 04:48:54 AM »
This is me, back a couple of pounds ago (in the wrong direction; BrokenMa's cooking is far too good):

I'm the guy with the hat.  There's a larger version of the pic here.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 05:41:14 AM »
What caliber sword for bear? shocked

280plus

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 05:48:13 AM »
Thanks Blackburn, my computer suddenly works much better. It's a miracle!

Oh, where's your beard? Your beard can't smell like cheese unless you actually HAVE A BEARD!

Cheesy

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2006, 07:32:28 AM »
Yeah Chris, I've seen pics of you.  I guess I only included folks I have actually met on my list.  That will of course change in a few short weeks.

Here's one of me with my dad, son and grandson from a couple years ago.  My moustache is longer and grayer now.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »
this is kind of funny..

I figured 280 plus to be my age 31

I thought mtnbkr to be in his mid 40's and bald

For some odd reason I pictured Mike Irwin with short cropped hair and a big bushy goatee

well here is me from a week or so ago bowling with some friends

and doing my summer thing by entertaining the crowd

charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

280plus

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2006, 07:57:11 AM »
Yea, I'm older than most rocks I know,,,

Balder too Sad

Cheesy

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »
I thought mtnbkr to be in his mid 40's and bald
Not quite yet, I'm only 32.  Happy to disapoint you though. Tongue

Chris

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2006, 08:36:49 AM »
Gewehr98- younger, darker hair, no 'stache. BTW, what's that you're in? C-9?
Nope, that's a solid 40 years there.  Moustache was there for 20 years, has been recently replaced by a salt & pepper Fu Manchu since I retired from the job in January.  You're looking at the left seat of a WC-135W, a reconnaissance version of the KC-135E tanker, close cousin to the Boeing 707 airliner.

Sunglasses case on dash optional...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2006, 09:37:54 AM »
Me, at home, doing what I do best...

It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2006, 09:52:56 AM »
Younger? I'm 24!
Yup. Figgered yoiu for about 20.

You're looking at the left seat of a WC-135W, a reconnaissance version of the KC-135E tanker, close cousin to the Boeing 707 airliner.
Ah. they were actually 720 airframes, no?

BrokenPaw: fencing masks?
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2006, 10:39:36 AM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
OK, I suppose I should share...

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL856/932748/1714717/91215308.jpg

Bad day, long meeting, me contemplating messy demises for some particularly long-winded, low-witted coworkers.
Just as I imagined. Smiley

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2006, 10:42:56 AM »
Quote from: Gewehr98
"How much if you only teach me to take off and steer?"