Author Topic: How to clean cell phone?  (Read 814 times)

How to clean cell phone?
« on: February 19, 2006, 06:05:56 PM »
I have a black moto razr and i touched my phone while i was eating oily food, so there is soe oil stains on the back side... I just want to know if there is something I can use to clean my cell phone every month?/with what?

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
How to clean cell phone?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 06:14:47 PM »
I have a black moto razr...
Black Razr.  Droooll...

Without knowing the composition of the phones shell, its hard to day.  Start gentile, the work up from there.  Me, I'd start with a bit of grain alcohol on a soft cloth, then on to dilute Windex if the ETOH did not work, again on a soft cloth.

Else, just live with it.  Tech gets used, and there comes a point where personal tech aquires character with the evidence of its use.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

cfabe

• friend
How to clean cell phone?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 06:23:27 PM »
rubbing alcohol should be all you need to take off greasy fingerprints.

How to clean cell phone?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 07:15:19 PM »
2nd the rubbing alcohol.  isopropyl , highest percentage possible (93% i think)  as long as the phone is powered down, i'm pretty sure its safe to submerge the whole thing.  i saw a guy do it with a motherboard one time.  just got to let it set till all the alcohol vaporizes off.

onions!

How to clean cell phone?
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 07:21:09 PM »
You can buy concentrated isopropyl alcohol in the automotive sections of most big markets as well as the pharmacy.Look for HEET brand fuel de-icers or similar products.It's often about half the $$$ of the pharmacy section stuff.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
How to clean cell phone?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 03:00:44 PM »
Or you could do as I do, and that is to use a microfiber cloth (the type designed for cleaning glasses) to dry polish the item.  I am a big fan of the microfiber cloths these days.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

One of Many

• friend
How to clean cell phone?
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 04:26:14 PM »
Why not read the instructions that came with the phone? Most have an operators manual that includes the proper cleaning method.  Some say use nothing more than a mild dishwashing soap with a soft cloth.