Author Topic: Texas man uses Apple AirTag to recover stolen truck; shoots and kills thief  (Read 586 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-man-uses-apple-airtag-track-person-stole-truck-kills-police

No real details on exactly how the shooting unfolded.

A lot of people seem to be frustrated with the "it's insured, eat the copay" mentality that infests lawmakers and enforcers.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
They used to hang horse thieves in that part of the country, and for good reason.  A person's vehicle is the modern day equivalent of the horse.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
Replacement vehicles can be hard to find especially with newer vehicles costing more.  Not to mention that insurance doesn't always help with all the stuff you have in your vehicle. 

One of the videos I saw on this incident indicated that when he got to the vehicle, the car thief pulled a gun which is why the shooting happened. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
A lot of people seem to be frustrated with the "it's insured, eat the copay" mentality that infests lawmakers and enforcers.

I've had a few heated discussions about this issue with some of my more woke acquaintances.
We were discussing an event where a person's truck and trailer full of tools were stolen.
"It's just property, not worth a persons life, it can be replaced, how can you value property higher than a life?"
They couldn't understand the concept that the man's entire livelihood, his means for supporting his family, was inside that trailer.
Property theft should be grounds for use of deadly force in preventing the theft.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
"It's just property, not worth a persons life, it can be replaced, how can you value property higher than a life?"

Overheard essentially the same conversation a couple weeks ago. The response was "No, the thief valued an item more than his life. That's the choice he made when he decided to steal my stuff."

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

zxcvbob

• friend
Overheard essentially the same conversation a couple weeks ago. The response was "No, the thief valued an item more than his life. That's the choice he made when he decided to steal my stuff."

Brad

To not shoot him would be disrespectful.  The kids would say you denied him his agency.  =D

"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
There's something really warped with the mentality that criminals need to be protected from their victims . . . it's bad enough coming from liberals and wokesters (there's a difference?) but sadly, we're seeing it more and more from "the authorities" . . . the same "authorities" who won't protect victims from their assailants. 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
There's something really warped with the mentality that criminals need to be protected from their victims . . . it's bad enough coming from liberals and wokesters (there's a difference?) but sadly, we're seeing it more and more from "the authorities" . . . the same "authorities" who won't protect victims from their assailants. 

What else would you expect from the left? They have to protect their voter base.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Anything I say now might be held against me in a court of law.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Double post
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
For many, eating the deductible on an insurance claim could mean a missed mortgage payment and a downward spiral. Even more infuriating if the cause of the loss was a crime with no realistic recompense.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
For many, eating the deductible on an insurance claim could mean a missed mortgage payment and a downward spiral. Even more infuriating if the cause of the loss was a crime with no realistic recompense.

The way I see it why should I eat the deductible, then eat the increased rates, and deal with having to find a comparable vehicle in todays market all because some little *expletive deleted*er decided he was entitled to take what wasn’t his?

The *expletive deleted*ing liberals and criminal lovers all act like insurance is free and immediate, as if a replacement car just appears in minutes of making a claim.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zahc

• friend
Any truck is not worth the loss of a human life. That's why the thief should have thought twice before deciding to steal a truck. A tragic failure of the victim selection process.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MechAg94

• friend
I figure there are few people who really like doling out harsh penalties to criminals whether in the court or at the time of the crime, but if you don't do it, you just get chaos.  The same criminals committ crime repeatedly and others who might otherwise stay honest end up getting into crime because the negative consequences are not there.  And on and on it gets worse.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
Any truck is not worth the loss of a human life. That's why the thief should have thought twice before deciding to steal a truck. A tragic failure of the victim selection process.

"Common sense" criminal control.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw