Author Topic: Obama on Second Amendment, link takes reader to Reason.com article  (Read 2493 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Obama on Second Amendment, link takes reader to Reason.com article
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 01:49:15 PM »
On a side note, on this forum it is generally encouraged to write some commentary about articles you post; what specifically do you want to discuss about this article?

Thanks!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 02:58:11 PM »
What strikes me a bit about this is that Obama has a more definite and quoted history of being against gun rights than any recent candidate I can think of. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 04:14:42 PM »
You forget that Joe Biden was a candidate earlier. He was the father of the AWB.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

wacki

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 04:19:05 PM »
What strikes me a bit about this is that Obama has a more definite and quoted history of being against gun rights than any recent candidate I can think of.

This article proves one and only one thing:

People have short, very short memories.

"What works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne," Barack Obama said after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the Washington, D.C., gun ban.

Then why did you vote for Ted Kennedy's .30-30 ban which would have affected the ENTIRE country?

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 05:53:46 AM »
"I have always believed that the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to bear arms," Obama said after the ruling was announced, "but I also identify with the need for crime-ravaged communities to save their children from the violence that plagues our streets through common-sense, effective safety measures. The Supreme Court has now endorsed that view."

If they were concerned about "their children," they wouldn't turn criminals loose by the millions to prey upon them. Of course, their children attend private schools.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 09:31:19 AM »
And they wouldn't be raising criminals either.

Public safety starts in the womb and the home.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

alan2

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »
On a side note, on this forum it is generally encouraged to write some commentary about articles you post; what specifically do you want to discuss about this article?

Thanks!

Point taken. What I thought should be discussed and thought about too is the fact of what seems Obama's DOUBLE-TALK on gun rights, which I submit are a basic civil right. Letting that aspect slide, which I do not recommend, Obama's above mentioned DOUBLE-TALK or what strikes me as exampled is a major point. I submit that McCain seems to have problems in that direction too.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 07:24:21 AM »
"What works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne,"

I wasen't aware that anything was working in Chicago.