Author Topic: Just how did she get her job exactly?  (Read 6005 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Just how did she get her job exactly?
« on: April 22, 2009, 11:41:16 AM »
http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/story.html?id=1520295

This just had me rolling.

Just more evideince that the Obama Presidency is a completely seat-of-the-pants affair.
I promise not to duck.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Just how did she get her job exactly?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:00:25 PM »
"I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."

Wow. She's profound. Kinda like:

“I personally believe, that U.S. Americans, are unable to do so, because uh, some, people out there, in our nation don’t have maps.
and uh…
I believe that our education like such as in South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like such as… and, I believe they should uh, our education over here, in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.”

Even has the bit about the future in there. And borders on the maps. The future is we will have borders on our maps!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:25:19 PM »
She won the Janet Reno-Heather Fong government scholarship.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:59:53 PM »
Wow. She's profound. Kinda like:

“I personally believe, that U.S. Americans, are unable to do so, because uh, some, people out there, in our nation don’t have maps.
and uh…
I believe that our education like such as in South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like such as… and, I believe they should uh, our education over here, in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.”

Even has the bit about the future in there. And borders on the maps. The future is we will have borders on our maps!

You know, thinking over this during lunch, I think there is more than simple humor in comparing these politicians to the beauty contestants.

I told my wife last night after the "furor" about Miss California that her problem was that she answered the question that was asked.

Miss Arkansas was given as an example of how stupid contestants are (like Miss South Carolina) but it's not that these girls are stupid. (Though they may be)

It's that these girls have the answers already formulated. Their task is to make the answer they have fit the question that was asked. It is for that reason that some of these girls sound immensely stupid because they cannot make their answer even remotely fit the question. (My guess is Miss South Carolina had a number of responses prepared about Iraq and tried to fit that into the question about poor eduaction).

Politicians do EXACTLY the same thing. They are just a little better at it; they have an answer and if the question doesn't match the answer, they ignore the question and continue with their talking point.

That's how we get stupidity like "I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."

Just like the beauty contestants, politicians can't deal with a question that doesn't fit their talking points. This is also why we don't have any real debates, just exchanges of talking points.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 01:07:58 PM »
If you mean she's an Obama sock puppet, here to clear the way for amnesty, I agree with you.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:54:43 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »
How?  She's a True Believer in Post-America!

I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »
How is any of this worth ripping Napolitano?

All the 9/11 terrorists, of course, entered the United States directly from overseas. The notion that some arrived via Canada is a myth that briefly popped up in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, and was then quickly debunked.

Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."

Hooray.  She will make the border more secure, according to her statement.  Hold her to it.  Yes, she was dumb in perpetuating myth rather than the fact regarding student visas.  Politicians don't eat crow on TV... they do it weeks later via a quiet press release when everyone has forgotten the incident. 

Just a few weeks ago, Ms. Napolitano equated Canada's border to Mexico's, suggesting they deserved the same treatment. Mexico is engulfed in a drug war that left more than 5,000 dead last year, and which is spawning a spillover kidnapping epidemic in Arizona. So many Mexicans enter the United States illegally that a multi-billion-dollar barrier has been built from Texas to California to keep them out.

So we will bottle off both borders?  Yay.  Make it so.

I hate "Nappy" as she is referred to often on the talk radio circuit here just as much as the next conservative, but she is doing a lot better job with the border situation than someone like Dick Durbin, John Kerry or another leftist hit man might do.

Her DHS report on conservative terrorism is an insult, to say the least, but the attack here is taken a bit out of context.

Would you rather have Bill Ayers as DHS "czar?"
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 01:58:07 PM »
Maybe you can explain how if you don't value or understand what the "homeland" is you can make it "secure?"

That is the problem with so many in power today, and that includes both parties.  They themselves are aliens in terms of the predicates on which America was built.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 02:28:02 PM »
This isn't my "homeland", "fatherland" or "motherland", too many tyrants use those descriptions.

The USA is just my country and this guy...

...isn't my mother or my father, he's my uncle and that's as close as I want the bastard.

(shamelessly stolen from a blog I can't remember, might make a good poster)

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 03:29:31 PM »
Y'know, she looks a lot like Terri Schiavo after the brain damage. I think Ms. Shiavo would know more about border issues, though.

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 04:30:33 AM »
This isn't my "homeland", "fatherland" or "motherland", too many tyrants use those descriptions.

...isn't my mother or my father, he's my uncle and that's as close as I want the bastard.

+1

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 06:46:43 AM »
Her inner beauty, perhaps?......

:laugh:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 09:23:50 AM »
"American politics is indistinguishable from professional wresting"
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Thylacine

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 11:32:01 AM »

+2
Cannot put it better.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 12:02:04 PM »

He is getting to be like that awkward uncle that likes to have your little sister sit on his lap too much at family gatherings...
 =| =(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
The fascist connotations come from our own government, of course.  I'm not endorsing them.

I am endorsing the fact that this nation has a culture of its own, based on certain principles enshrined in our Constitution and other seminal documents.  And it appears that many people in power don't understand that any more.

The real "department of homeland security" was and is supposed to be our legal and educational system.  How successful that's been I leave to your own judgment.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.