Author Topic: Sig Romeo 9T  (Read 298 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Sig Romeo 9T
« on: January 08, 2024, 04:03:56 PM »
Is this price on Sig's new Romeo 9T some kind of joke that I'm not in on? The 8T is like $700.

https://www.midwayusa.com/interest-hub/sig-romeo-9t
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Sig Romeo 9T
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 04:06:46 PM »
MAC just dropped a video on it and I almost fell out of my chair when he mentioned the price.
It's got some nice features but not $4k nice. I'll wait for the $300-400 clones to come out.

Most Advanced RDS so far? Sig Romeo 9T.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYICzkpTLW8
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 04:59:12 PM »
I saw MAC's video also.  For that price, it should have built in thermal or night vision. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 07:54:58 PM »
Uhm... wow.

Does it have a couple of discontinued Sig magazines integral to the mechanism that makes it that expensive?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 08:08:51 PM »
I saw MAC's video also.  For that price, it should have built in thermal or night vision.

I just watched the video. I'm actually not that impressed, unless I missed something.

1) Dual independent dots can't be that much more expensive to produce, can they? At least not $3000 more expensive than the 8T.

2) I don't understand why only the red dot has a circle dot option and the green dot just has the 2MOA. Why can't they have the same options for both?

3) While on the one hand, the internal backup battery is a nice touch, it being non-user replaceable and only having a 10 hour lifespan is stupid. Either make it user replaceable or else put a small solar panel on just for the internal.

I'm sure some people will find the features very useful, and maybe I would too for stuff like suppressed/unsuppressed, but it seems like more of a convenience rather than necessity. Maybe more useful for the snake eaters, since it appears it may have had special forces input. It will be interesting to see, as the video alluded, if others will make knock offs of this one for reasonable prices.

On the bright side, I have had a hankering for an 8T for a good while. Maybe in the next year we'll see them drop in price.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 11:02:22 PM »
Exactly my first thought. Otherwise the price is absurd.

Holosun dot with thermal imager ~$1600
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 07:48:08 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2024, 09:25:04 AM »
Only other possibility is this sight was solely for special forces types and built only in small numbers so the cost of a custom design sight reflects that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2024, 09:40:20 AM »
Only other possibility is this sight was solely for special forces types and built only in small numbers so the cost of a custom design sight reflects that.
Very true. I know first hand from my working days that small lot vs. mass production makes a BIG difference in optic costs.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain