Author Topic: Rebels in Syria toting more than AKs  (Read 717 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Rebels in Syria toting more than AKs
« on: March 28, 2015, 02:55:27 AM »
Hmm, wonder where they got that hardware...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXkREl5KAos

Oh for Benghazi's sake, what's going on??
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Rebels in Syria toting more than AKs
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:28:31 AM »
Doubtful that would have come from Benghazi as there weren't those types of US arms (If any other then the occasional M16) in Libya either before or after Qua, Ghad, Gua, errr Col Whack-a-doodle.  His was a Soviet client state which was why shipping excess Libyian arms to Syria made sense.  Sending Soviet arms from one former Soviet client to another.  No US "Tracable" fingerprints.

I would bet that the TOW was captured from Iraqi army units.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:45:28 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »
I don't think that it physically came from Benghazi, just that the arming of "rebels" in the region and prepping for the Syria regime change was related to people who were there, and that "the event" was a result of those dealings/operations. But what difference, at this point, does it make.. right? right??

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:00:54 AM »
the drawbacks to arming muslim radicals are so numerous, and so obvious, that one can only conclude from barack hussein's actions, that he WANTS muslim radicals to be very well armed, and wants that to have a serious negative impact on America and the West.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 10:53:57 AM »
the drawbacks to arming muslim radicals are so numerous, and so obvious, that one can only conclude from barack hussein's actions, that he WANTS muslim radicals to be very well armed, and wants that to have a serious negative impact on America and the West.

Pretty much this.  Fundamentally transform, and all that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.