Author Topic: Tracking Gun Control Legislation Resulting From the Orlando Attack  (Read 6413 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Thought I would start a thread tracking what legislation and regulations the anti-gunners attempt to push based on Orlando.

First up, no guns for anyone convicted of a misdemeanor hate crime. Given what we see at college campuses and what we see the SJWs consider "hate", making fun of how somebody's mom dresses them could get you convicted of a misdemeanor hate crime. Not to mention the whole thing with a misdemeanor being sufficient to remove someone's basic rights. Lets apply that to the First Amendment and see what the outcry is.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/orlando-shooting-gun-control-224251
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Tracking Gun Control Legislation Resulting From the Orlando Attack
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 12:26:26 PM »
I also now just saw an interview with a FL congressman (didn't catch his name) introducing, or I guess reintroducing, legislation to keep anyone on the terror watch list from buying or owning firearms. The secret terror watch list that is.

One of his arguments was that assault weapons and hand grenades (yes, he actually said that) shouldn't be available to people on a watch list, and that 80% of NRA members approve of that message.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 04:10:38 PM »
I didn't know I could get hand grenades.  I will have to ask the local gun store if they have them "in the back room".   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 04:16:32 PM »
I didn't know I could get hand grenades.  I will have to ask the local gun store if they have them "in the back room".   =D

Noob. You get them at gun shows, with no background check.

Along with your cruise missiles and Palladins.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 04:27:39 PM »

Noob. You get them at gun shows, with no background check.

Along with your cruise missiles and Palladins.
I thought military grade explosive devices were strictly a mail-order or internet sale item?

:facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 06:27:30 PM »
I thought military grade explosive devices were strictly a mail-order or internet sale item?

:facepalm:

No, you buy them off the back of a Mexican Army truck in Tijuana or Juarez.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 09:46:37 PM »
So does anyone think any serious legislation will come up?  Considering how loud and shrill some liberals are, I am thinking it is falling on deaf ears.  They are not really saying anything new.  It has all been said many times over the last year (after the other incidents also). 

I wouldn't mind some pressure to pass legislation (I have a couple AR's I could sell), but I would be happier if nothing came of it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 10:14:25 PM »
So does anyone think any serious legislation will come up?  Considering how loud and shrill some liberals are, I am thinking it is falling on deaf ears.  They are not really saying anything new.  It has all been said many times over the last year (after the other incidents also). 

I wouldn't mind some pressure to pass legislation (I have a couple AR's I could sell), but I would be happier if nothing came of it. 

I don't know. They couldn't get it passed on the back of 26 kids and teachers. 50+ LGBTs? Who knows?

I'd prefer we didn't have a panic and legislation threats again, despite the potential to make a tidy profit in a panic.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 10:27:40 PM »
I don't know. They couldn't get it passed on the back of 26 kids and teachers. 50+ LGBTs? Who knows?

I'd prefer we didn't have a panic and legislation threats again, despite the potential to make a tidy profit in a panic.

Beat me to it.  If Newtown couldn't get asinine legislation passed,  I wouldn't bet on this being the event to tip the scales.

Still bought 2 Magpul D60's.  Because I can  >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 11:45:53 PM »
So does anyone think any serious legislation will come up?  Considering how loud and shrill some liberals are, I am thinking it is falling on deaf ears.  They are not really saying anything new.  It has all been said many times over the last year (after the other incidents also).  

They'll keep trying. I remain of the opinion that we NEED to keep reminding everyone that the shooter had a license as armed security. In essence, he was a rent-a-cop. And his employer is a major DHS contractor. He would still have guns after the rest of us are disarmed, so the point is -- if the liberals were to get their way, it would not prevent this attack because the shooter WAS the guy who was supposed to protect us against people like him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 02:09:45 AM »

A friend of mine in Florida reports that there's a run on guns and ammo.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 07:20:45 AM »
Hillary Clinton Verified account
‏@HillaryClinton

If the FBI is watching you for suspected terrorist links, you shouldn’t be able to just go buy a gun with no questions asked.

Let's play Spot the Ironies!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 09:56:53 AM »

Let's play Spot the Ironies!

Man I hope that comparison gets spread around the MSM.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 10:32:04 AM »
Also, I hope the NRA is still kicking itself in the ass for ever endorsing and trusting this guy:

Sen Harry Reid, D-Nev., got National Rifle Association leader Wayne LaPierre to speak about Reid’s support for gun rights.

Reid is in dire straits, electorally speaking, and needs all the help he can get lining up votes on the conservative side of the spectrum.

“He is a true champion of the Second Amendment back in Washington, DC,” LaPierre said of Reid at a dedication for a new shooting range.

Said Reid, while wielding an antique .22 rifle from his childhood, “These weapons become our friends. This weapon is my friend.”

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2016/06/13/harry-reid-blasting-cowardly-nra-supporters-offset-nicely-by-this-flashback/

Pb

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 10:44:27 AM »
Also, I hope the NRA is still kicking itself in the ass for ever endorsing and trusting this guy:

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2016/06/13/harry-reid-blasting-cowardly-nra-supporters-offset-nicely-by-this-flashback/

As much of a turd as he is/was he actually voted "progun" for a long time.  When Obama took over and the democrats had the house and senate, there were no gun control bills passed....

He only changed his tune in the last few years.

He has always been an evil swine though.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 10:52:59 AM »
As a single issue organization, the NRA sometimes has to be a bit mercenary with their grading.  I saw a TSRA person writing about it.  They may not allow anti-gun politicians to purchase a good grade before the election, but their policy is often to support a long standing politician who has been pro-gun even if a better person is running against them and must often ignore other issues.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 10:59:55 AM »

True. I have to give the NRA some slack because the guy is such a lying, self-serving, two-faced scoundrel.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 01:33:41 AM »
I saw a headline that said Obama called for a renewal of the AWB. 'Cuz flash-hiders are the real killer.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 01:37:47 AM »
As much of a turd as he is/was he actually voted "progun" for a long time.  When Obama took over and the democrats had the house and senate, there were no gun control bills passed....

He only changed his tune in the last few years.

Are you talking about notorious suspected pedophile Harry Reid?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 01:41:19 AM »
I think the fact that this was clearly Islamic terror will drive Americans to want to arm themselves more, useful idiots and raging progtards aside.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 10:47:07 AM »
Trump is meeting with the NRA today to discuss the terror watch list and guns. Could be a good litmus test on his spine. I see McConnell and Ryan are already waffling towards the terror list gun ban.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 10:59:50 AM »
As a single issue organization, the NRA sometimes has to be a bit mercenary with their grading.  I saw a TSRA person writing about it.  They may not allow anti-gun politicians to purchase a good grade before the election, but their policy is often to support a long standing politician who has been pro-gun even if a better person is running against them and must often ignore other issues.

The NRA always supports pro-gun incumbents over pro-gun challengers.  That's their policy, to encourage politicians to stick with them.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 11:01:33 AM »
I saw a headline that said Obama called for a renewal of the AWB. 'Cuz flash-hiders are the real killer.

Plus when they ban flash hiders and the manufacturers replace them with muzzle brakes, guns become a health issue for the AMA because they make people deaf.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 11:04:29 AM »
Do you marines / former marines have a secret club that can take care of this guy?

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/06/15/former-marine-corps-officer-and-dem-congressman-misleads-on-automatic-rifles/