Author Topic: Caught with 1/4 Ton of Pot  (Read 11428 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Caught with 1/4 Ton of Pot
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »
If I recall correctly, distillation of any amount of alcohol without a tax permit is a crime.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2010, 02:41:58 PM »
even a school using it for a science experiment. =| free country my, well you know.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2010, 12:27:56 AM »
Beer and wine are ok for home distilling, and I know someone who makes their own everclear.  I'm not TOO positive on the aspects of the legality of making everclear without the proper paperwork.  There IS a limit to how much you can make, and if you go over a certain limit, you gotta pay the taxes.

You don't 'distill' beer or wine, you brew them.  Distilling is when you artificially concentrate the alcohol through a still.  Though there's also Ice distilling, but that's rather expensive as it's a manual process mostly done by monks.

AS for the legality, well, my 5 minutes of research says it's still illegal without expensive commercial type licensing, but you're unlikely to get caught if you're not selling.

By commercial - I mean opening a commercial facility with intent to make a profit.  Can't do it anywhere attached to a dwelling.

Barbara

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2010, 07:32:48 AM »
Don't remember the details but think you can still make denatured alcohol.

You can also "distill" exisiting alcohol into more potent booze.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2010, 12:56:56 PM »
Beer and wine are ok for home distilling, and I know someone who makes their own everclear. 
Beer and wine are not distilled spirits. Producing something like "everclear" is known as moonshining, and is frowned on by fed.gov because of the presumptive loss of tax revenue.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2010, 01:26:17 PM »
even a school using it for a science experiment. =| free country my, well you know.

That's actually just about the oldest "oppression" that's been put upon the American people. Google the Whiskey Rebellion.
I promise not to duck.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2010, 01:28:06 PM »
You can also "distill" exisiting alcohol into more potent booze.

That would be the illegal part.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2010, 04:04:10 PM »
That would be the illegal part.
i tink he meant taxed. :angel: