Author Topic: They’ve got a new hero to riot over in Columbus OH  (Read 6591 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
They’ve got a new hero to riot over in Columbus OH
« on: April 21, 2021, 06:22:39 AM »
16 year old (according to her mother) 15 year old (according to the all knowing journos) “sweet child” and “honor roll student” gets shot by evil white racist cop because she was unarmed yet lovingly stabbing another girl.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/national-news/family-15-year-old-girl-shot-killed-by-police-in-columbus-ohio

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: They’ve got a new hero to riot over in Columbus OH
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 08:32:33 AM »
Yea she took lead for trying to stab people.  Well deserved for sure.

But, in other people’s mind they say “why not taser her”..... :facepalm:

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 08:35:45 AM »
She was a big girl, 220lbs I read.

The image of a cop shooting a teenage girl for the average person that hears the story probably isn't an angry  220lb woman attacking with a knife and not complying with commands to stop.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 08:59:35 AM »

The image of a cop shooting a teenage girl for the average person that hears the story probably isn't an angry  220lb woman attacking with a knife and not complying with commands to stop.
People always have an image of what the way they think things are.  Some people picture a teenager as some skinny little kid like David Hogg and cops as big muscular linebackers.  Neither is always true or even likely.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 09:06:31 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3rAhT2lm8A
I can't see a knife in this.  It looks like just fist fighting at first glance.  If she was stabbing people, I can certainly understand why he went to guns. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 09:09:42 AM »
I can't see a knife in this.  It looks like just fist fighting at first glance.  If she was stabbing people, I can certainly understand why he went to guns.

Can clearly see a knife in her hand and using it to stab or at the very least attempt to stab the other girl with it at 4:56
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 09:57:36 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 09:11:30 AM »
Knife in hand at the 4:55 time stamp, going in for the stab.

As a non leo I say, "good shoot."
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 09:45:44 AM »
In a sane world the headline would have been
"Hero police officer saves life of young girl from attacker"
But we're not living in a sane world.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 10:01:56 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 09:51:35 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2021, 10:09:03 AM »
The bruiser of a female thinks it's a good idea to try and stab someone after the cops arrive. The guy (foster dad?) thinks it's a good idea to kick a downed teenager in the head after the cops arrive, then yell about the cops shooting a teenager attempting to stab a teenager.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 10:22:14 AM »
After browsing a few stories it looks like they are claiming her actions were some form of self defense.

In this current environment, I would suggest any LEO who could be described as white by the media get out of any dept where they are coming into contact with a black community. Let Black communities police themselves.

Let go, give up the White mans burden, it's a lie.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 10:22:30 AM »
Wow, that was some fast acting by the policeman!!!   :police:

It looks like the deceased almost got the knife in that other girl.

Odd how the linked article didn't mention that at all.   ;/

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 10:30:16 AM »
In this current environment, I would suggest any LEO who could be described as white by the media get out of any dept where they are coming into contact with a black community.

They hate black police also.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2021, 10:33:11 AM »
They hate black police also.

If they want to leave also I wouldn't begrudge them that decision.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 10:42:37 AM »
From BLM bigwig:

DEFUND & ABOLISH POLICE, REFUND OUR COMMUNITIES
·
10h
Teenagers have been having fights including fights involving knives for eons. We do not need police to address these situations  by showing up to the scene & using a weapon against one of the teenagers. Y’all need help. I mean that sincerely.

https://twitter.com/BreeNewsome/status/1384725341550305281
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2021, 10:57:40 AM »
A quote from a Fox News article:

"I’m very upset, I’m hurt. I want answers," Paula Bryant told 10TV.

"My daughter dispatched Columbus police for protection, not to be a homicide today," she added.

I never know what to trust anymore, but this appears to suggest that the girl who was shot is the one who called the cops?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-police-shooting-makhia-bryants-mother

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2021, 11:10:25 AM »
If she called the cops then why didn't she go to them when they showed up instead of going after the other girl?
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2021, 11:13:08 AM »

Gallows humor:

Man, at 5:23 that little purse dog that the lady in pink had been holding is sitting there looking around like "WTF just Happened?"  It's expression made me chuckle.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2021, 11:20:43 AM »
Now watch the other girl go on camera and claim we were just playing and there was no knife and then this white cop showed up and started shooting and that will be the narrative.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2021, 11:45:02 AM »

She was also a foster child -- which means she had been taken away from the mother who is now publicly crying over the death of her sweet daughter.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 01:30:12 PM »
Funny how knife fights (even if only one person has a knife) are suddenly these cool things that people - especially teens - do, and there's no reason to stop them, because, like, nobody gets hurt. It's all fun times!

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/04/21/valerie-jarretts-take-on-what-cop-did-to-break-up-a-knife-fight-in-columbus-sets-off-bs-detectors/

Not that this assailant knew how to handle a knife, and not that I've ever been in a knife fight myself, but reading what experts have written, "There are no winners in a knife fight." I think that I would much rather get into a gunfight than a knife fight. That these idiot progressives are acting like it's a pillow fight is shameful.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 01:50:22 PM »
Watching the video I have to say not only good shoot, but amazing shoot.

That little time to react, innocent target IMMEDIATELY behind the aggressor and only shot the one with the knife? No innocents shot at all?

Well done, officer.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 02:09:28 PM »
Funny how knife fights (even if only one person has a knife) are suddenly these cool things that people - especially teens - do, and there's no reason to stop them, because, like, nobody gets hurt. It's all fun times!

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/04/21/valerie-jarretts-take-on-what-cop-did-to-break-up-a-knife-fight-in-columbus-sets-off-bs-detectors/

Not that this assailant knew how to handle a knife, and not that I've ever been in a knife fight myself, but reading what experts have written, "There are no winners in a knife fight." I think that I would much rather get into a gunfight than a knife fight. That these idiot progressives are acting like it's a pillow fight is shameful.

This just happened on Monday. https://www.wlwt.com/article/family-devastated-after-13-year-old-stabbed-by-former-friend-during-fight-dies/36180426
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 02:26:16 PM »
This is in my part of the world.  People around work have raised an interesting issue.  Ohio now has Stand Your Ground laws.  If dead girl was attacked as has been claimed, by other his armed with knives, dead girl has a legal right to use deadly force to protect herself.  If accurate, the officer may have shot someone acting in self defense.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 02:33:35 PM »
My time on the Medic One unit left me with a respect for the carnage that edged weapons can cause.  I could make one quick slash across your femoral artery in your groin, and you will probably bleed out before the aid unit arrives.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.