Author Topic: Twitter Hack  (Read 1198 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Twitter Hack
« on: July 16, 2020, 09:57:16 AM »
Don't know if it's mentioned elsewhere on APS, but Twitter had a major hack. I put this in politics because while it's funny seeing Obama beg for Bitcoin, the account received Bitcoin.

With all the "Russia Russia Russia" stuff, this is just another example of how platforms like Twitter, who constantly censors conservatives, can in many ways fraudulently and adversely affect things like elections. I really wish Twitter would just die. People throughout the political spectrum would lead happier lives.

It's a real shame. Twitter, in its original incarnation, could have been such a positive force in the world - providing communication and information in disasters, dictatorial upheavals in third world countries, etc. Instead, it's just become the hangout of self-absorbed blue checks and cheap entertainment - the equivalent of reality TV - to people like me, via Twitchy.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/07/16/major-hack-reveals-so-very-much-about-twitter-including-a-possible-inside-job-and-tools-used-to-shadowban-users/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
Re: Twitter Hack
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 10:15:20 AM »
What happens when somebody hacks Trump's Twitter and tweets something like "nukes launched...MAGA"?

I never thought that the president should use Twitter but I don't know how you stop it when we have a reality-tv presidency.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 10:24:56 AM »
What happens when somebody hacks Trump's Twitter and tweets something like "nukes launched...MAGA"?

I never thought that the president should use Twitter but I don't know how you stop it when we have a reality-tv presidency.

I know people will be able to list a hundred reasons why I'm wrong, but I've been against pretty much all social media for fed.gov. I've always thought they could be just as effective with individual websites, which at least where I worked, were always secured and monitored.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »

California, NYC, Seattle, Detroit, DC, and Chicago panic  
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 11:30:05 AM »
Don't know if it's mentioned elsewhere on APS, but Twitter had a major hack. I put this in politics because while it's funny seeing Obama beg for Bitcoin, the account received Bitcoin.

With all the "Russia Russia Russia" stuff, this is just another example of how platforms like Twitter, who constantly censors conservatives, can in many ways fraudulently and adversely affect things like elections. I really wish Twitter would just die. People throughout the political spectrum would lead happier lives.

It's a real shame. Twitter, in its original incarnation, could have been such a positive force in the world - providing communication and information in disasters, dictatorial upheavals in third world countries, etc. Instead, it's just become the hangout of self-absorbed blue checks and cheap entertainment - the equivalent of reality TV - to people like me, via Twitchy.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/07/16/major-hack-reveals-so-very-much-about-twitter-including-a-possible-inside-job-and-tools-used-to-shadowban-users/

I think most of these Internet social media platforms have become a sewer of human refuse.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 11:42:02 AM »
So just like this place?   :rofl:
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 12:49:48 PM »

Twitter, like most/all mass media, is designed to be a controlled information source.  Ie. a propaganda venue for whatever the owner's agenda might be.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 01:43:36 PM »
I think most of these Internet social media platforms have become a sewer of human refuse.   

Just sprayed my coffee...

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 02:57:55 PM »
Apparently the hackers had access to DM's. Part of me wants to see those published.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 03:44:29 PM »
Apparently the hackers had access to DM's. Part of me wants to see those published.

Mmhmm.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »
"What happens when somebody hacks Trump's Twitter and tweets something like "nukes launched...MAGA"?"

What... Make America Glow Again?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 12:05:38 AM »
One comment I heard was that someone potentially has access to the direct message history of a lot of blue checkers.  Might be some interesting communications.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 12:10:47 AM »
"What happens when somebody hacks Trump's Twitter and tweets something like "nukes launched...MAGA"?"

What... Make America Glow Again?

Up n' atom, it's time to make America rad!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 10:06:09 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.