Author Topic: Please check your red pill prescription   (Read 786 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Please check your red pill prescription 
« on: December 27, 2023, 03:07:54 PM »
I think most of us know by now that "red pill" can refer to a left-leaning or non-political person having a sort of conservative awakening. That meaning has been current for a while. If you didn't know, and haven't watched The Matrix, then you may be a little confused at this point. It gets worse.

In the past year or two I've learned that a lot of people use "red pill" much differently and seem unaware of the other meaning. For them, the red pill means you're part of the "manosphere." That is, you realize that "modern women" are toxic. They might be good for a casual fling, or a hook-up, but attempting to have a serious relationship with one is not advised. And whatever you do, don't marry one, or you'll regret it. Or at least, that's my understanding of their views.

I can't claim to know much about the "manosphere" viewpoint, and I'm probably about half-way accurate, but I do see a problem that comes from "red pill" being used in two very different ways, with no one every clarifying what they mean by it. If right-wingers are talking about being conservative or pro-Trump red-pilled, but we're perceived as saying we don't like women - well, we didn't really need any more help being seen that way.  If the manosphere types are talking about being manosphere red-pilled, they may give the impression that their point of view is part and parcel of current right-leaning politics, or so-called Trumpism.

So that's all kind of annoying.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
Re: Please check your red pill prescription 
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 05:36:11 PM »
I can't keep up - first there was political correctness, that then somehow became "woke." The Coming Ice Age became Global Warming, and this week it's Climate Change. I never heard of Proud Boys or Q-Anon until they start talking about them on TV about 2 or 3 years ago. Then there was "mansplaining" . . . and now . . . manosphere? Manosphere?

Who the hell keeps making all this stuff up?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 06:05:37 PM »
I'm always getting recommendations to a lot of these manosphere youtube channels. I can't tell if they're all part of the Andrew Tate crowd or if it's a whole other category. It seems like a lot of them are actually not Andrew Tate like, and more about young men getting married, having families, being more traditional, and avoiding the feminist women with the high body counts.

To me, being red pilled is liberals going conservative.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 06:08:33 PM »
I'm always getting recommendations to a lot of these manosphere youtube channels.

Ben's being radicalized!!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 06:11:21 PM »
Sometimes the red pill is an involuntary suppository.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 07:03:21 PM »
The manosphere portion of the redpill world is pretty small these days. The manosphere was a victim of its intrinsic nihilism.

One of the big guns in that world (Roosh) has rejected the manosphere, become an Orthodox Christian and evangelizes submitting to Christ, pursuing a traditional lifestyle and living according to Bible morality.

There was a time when there was some overlap with a bunch of alt right streams of thought including the manosphere guys.

Being redpilled is sort of a generic way of saying "opening your eyes and accepting reality". I doubt very many would immediately assume you were referencing them or the offshoot of MGTOW (men going their own way) who embrace celibacy instead of playing "The Game".
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 08:55:42 PM »
I agree there's a sub-set of the "incel" movement that has just written off modern women and tends to adhere to more conservative doctrine and call themselves red-pilled. One of the bigger Youtube channels that pushes (or at least documents) this agenda, fairly politely, is called "Better Bachelor."  I'm happily in a relationship that I have no intention of leaving, but honestly I kinda agree with a lot of what the channel talks about.

One video in particular that I watched was about female coworkers.  My mind immediately went to Mike Pence's longstanding rule to never have dinner with female coworkers or subordinates, or to otherwise work late or outside of the scope of other witnesses with female coworkers.  Evidently women are now bitching that men won't interact with them outside of strict job-related confines, and when a male manager has a promotional/disciplinary meeting with a female subordinate he always has a 3rd party present for his own safety.  And women are cross that they're not welcome at the "fun" after-work stuff that male coworkers sometimes do.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2023, 10:27:13 PM »
Ron, I think there are a lot of people that only know one definition or the other. I think a lot of those people are anti-manosphere, left-leaning, and when someone says they're red-pilled, they think "this guy hates women."

I guess on its own, that's probably not a big deal. Just another example of right-wingers refusing to understand how we cripple ourselves with the way we talk.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2023, 10:40:06 PM »
Ron, I think there are a lot of people that only know one definition or the other. I think a lot of those people are anti-manosphere, left-leaning, and when someone says they're red-pilled, they think "this guy hates women."
To be fair, most left-leaning people tend to assume anyone to their right hates women, minorities, foreigners, gays, and books (other than the Good one) anyway. Not sure that correctly communicating would change the message they hear all that much.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2023, 10:44:19 PM »
To be fair, most left-leaning people tend to assume anyone to their right hates women, minorities, foreigners, gays, and books (other than the Good one) anyway. Not sure that correctly communicating would change the message they hear all that much.

Yes, of course.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2023, 09:25:43 AM »

Being red pilled is sort of a generic way of saying "opening your eyes and accepting reality".

This.  The generic term "red pilled" means accepting an unpleasant reality about the way the world works, so you can use it in various ways.

The manosphere version of the being redpilled is when someone realizes that women are sexually attracted by dominance (without regards to morality), and not to kindness.  Some men respond to this with utter nihilism (supposed pickup artists), despair (mgtow), and others try to use this to have real relationships with women. 

I supposed the political version of being redpilled would be when a person realizes that the Left hates Western Civilization in general, and white people in particular, and everything they do is in an attempt to degrade both.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2023, 09:28:12 AM »
Then there was "mansplaining" . . . and now . . . manosphere? Manosphere?

Pro-male, anti-feminist internet websites, mostly blogs.  Some are run by loathsome loons, others by reasonable people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2023, 09:38:00 AM »
To me, being red pilled is liberals going conservative.

I should restate this, as the above is simplistic. I was thinking more about this:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2023, 10:04:47 AM »
^^^I love that graphic.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2023, 02:45:16 PM »
"Red-pilled" can be a generic term, but the point is, a lot of people don't understand it that way. They only use it for the meaning it has in a particular bubble, and that might be the only meaning they know of.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2023, 02:52:25 PM »
"Red-pilled" can be a generic term, but the point is, a lot of people don't understand it that way. They only use it for the meaning it has in a particular bubble, and that might be the only meaning they know of.
I sort of agree, social media continually is used to redefine words and phrases. For example, here I've identified myself as a nationalist and OK with tribalism (races and ethnicities). Being here, I've also had a chance to explain myself to reasonable people.

In normie land I would be pilloried and never get a chance to make my point. I'd immediately be considered "bad white man". 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2023, 02:47:36 AM »
I sort of agree, social media continually is used to redefine words and phrases. For example, here I've identified myself as a nationalist and OK with tribalism (races and ethnicities). Being here, I've also had a chance to explain myself to reasonable people.

In normie land I would be pilloried and never get a chance to make my point. I'd immediately be considered "bad white man". 

Pretty parallel views and experience.

One side note is that for a long time this old paranoid conservative has seen the confusion caused by wordshiifitng as a deliberate small part of the overall strategy to destroy every aspect of U.S. culture and values by confusion, no mater whether it's in a big way or, in the wordshifting case, small ways.  Kind of like  the TV show "The Rat Patrol," where every episode is a mere "Raid," not a large scale operation, which nevertheless advances the Allied cause in a small way.

Meh.  That's just the way I see it.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2023, 10:28:53 AM »
Many years ago, I heard a old preacher say that gender neutral language was Satanic.  I thought he was nuts. 

Now I'm not so sure.   =(

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2023, 04:54:32 PM »
Women are a parasitic insane species that is symbiotic with men for reproduction and sustenance...

Well, that's my conclusion at least.
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2023, 04:56:23 PM »
If you are interested in reading a positive use of red pill information, this formulation is pretty good:

https://www.pastor.trinity-pres.net/blog/15-men-women/51-the-folk-wisdom-of-the-red-pill

A search about "red pill" will generally lead you to dozens of websites saying it is the spawn of satan… because it is extremely anti-feminist.   Women are not particularly interested in men knowing what women really find attractive.  Most would rather men think that women are superior, wonderful beings who are attracted to men being nice, and kind, and doing things for them.  That makes it a lot easier for women to manipulate men.

In reality, women are mainly attracted by dominance (confidence, masculinity, strength, power, status, money) without regard to how kind or good the man is. (Not that kindness in a man is of no value to a women- certainly not, especially when their children are involved, but it isn't particularly sexually attractive).

When some men learn that what women (and society) have been telling them about the relationship between the sexes is basically false, they get really bitter and hateful. They may realize why they have seen awful men being far more successful with women than them, when they have been trying to be "nice" to women.  Hence the fact that some of the red pill men become horrible, manipulative people, or just swear off women.

Of course, the above information is also helpful to men who want to be a better boyfriend, husband, or father- men who love women, and want to be what they really need, and to make their female counterpart happy.  There is no need to be a bad person at all to be a red pill man- just try and be a strong, assertive man.

I make no assertion to being particularly good at mastering the above information myself.  I've got my own challenges that I have discussed elsewhere on this board.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2023, 04:59:08 PM »
The Female Rule of Sixes. The ideal mate is...

6 Feet tall
6 Figure income
6 Felonies at least

Two are acceptable
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2023, 05:05:19 PM »

6 Feet tall
6 Figure income
6 Felonies at least

Two are acceptable

I thought the third was six inches at least….???:lol:

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2023, 05:19:01 PM »

6 Feet tall
6 Figure income
6 Felonies at least

Two are acceptable

I thought the third was six inches at least….???:lol:

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2023, 06:03:40 PM »
The manosphere started as a trial and error approach to different tactics to get chicks.
The tactics became more sophisticated, it became called Game Theory.
Then an intersection between Game and Evolutionary Psychology became obvious and that started to be explored by some pretty sharp minds.

I watched it happen in real time once the evoPsyc aspect started taking off. The evoPsyc angle also highlighted the failure of men to be men, hence their failures. There was a schism that occurred when many became disillusioned with The Game's success and realized what they really wanted was a healthy relationship with their dream girl, not be a player gaming whores. This was in conjunction with players doing work to be better men (to attract chicks), which had the effect on many of them of turning them off to using manipulation tactics (pretending to be real men) for sex. Instead of mimicking men who naturally get chicks they wanted to really become a man who chicks find attractive. 

Many veered into the manosphere fork that framed the information in context of traditional family values and Christian masculinity, which the Christians in the manosphere found to be completely lacking in churches.       

This was all taking place in the alt right world I was exposed to back in 2014/15.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 06:21:33 PM by Ron »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2023, 11:21:27 PM »

6 Feet tall
6 Figure income
6 Felonies at least

Two are acceptable

The last one is 6-pack abs in the version I've heard.