Author Topic: This'll go well - Bundy making impressively racist remarks  (Read 1906 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
This'll go well - Bundy making impressively racist remarks
« on: April 24, 2014, 12:56:59 PM »
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cliven-bundy-are-blacks-better-off-as-slaves
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/us/politics/rancher-proudly-breaks-the-law-becoming-a-hero-in-the-west.html?_r=1

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom"

I'm actually impressed. I'm sure BLM appreciates Mr Bundy's contribution to their next attempt at stealing cattle or land. I sincerely hope this doesn't impact Texas and its ranchers, but it probably will. Had he made these comments before the Texas AG wrote a letter to the BLM, I wonder if he would have actually written said letter.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: This'll go well - Bundy making impressively racist remarks
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:38:54 PM »
I am reminded of our other thread in which we discussed how the defense of liberty often involves embracing scoundrels.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 01:51:27 PM »
There is a lot of truth to what he says, even if one is not allowed to actually say it out loud.  Of course it ignores the fact that the slaves didn't choose to come here and pick cotton.
"It's good, though..."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 02:03:12 PM »
There is a lot of truth to what he says, even if one is not allowed to actually say it out loud.  Of course it ignores the fact that the slaves didn't choose to come here and pick cotton.

Neither did a significant number of white people.  Lots of Irish and Highlanders were forced off their land and sent into slavery in the New World.

Which is ironically sort of what's happening in the American West: Clearances  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »
Maybe he was referring to bureaucrats.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 03:48:24 PM »
It was never about Bundy anyway. It was just a convenient cause to give a big eff ewe to FedGov.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »
i think he spoke unwisely, again.   but to be fair to him i think folks are blowing these remarks way outa proportion . given the context of his age and where he was raised his remarks are actually pretty mild. he gets bonus points for candor
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:30 PM »
if he had only left the word negro out of the statement.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 06:55:32 PM »
if he had only left the word negro out of the statement.

not surprisingly its white folks getting their g strings knotted over this mostly   
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 02:22:24 AM »
Hell, my 89 year-old Dad says "Negro", that's what he grew up with, doesn't make him racist.

Cliven Bundy didn't said anything that Bill Cosby, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Herman Cain, Charles Payne, and Ben Carson (among others) haven't already said regarding the current state of Black Culture and people in America.  Maybe a little less articulate and with some editing help from the NY Times. 

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/04/bundy-hoax-exposed-full-video-of-cliven-bundys-non-racist-pro-black-pro-mexican-anti-government-remarks-2944710.html?utm_content=awesm-publisher&utm_medium=facebook-share&utm_source=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F&utm_campaign&utm_term=http%3A%2F%2Fb4in.info%2FiX

If you want to be pissed off about what he said, listen to his Jeb Bush-like remarks regarding illegal immigrants at the end.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 08:16:37 AM »
Hell, my 89 year-old Dad says "Negro", that's what he grew up with, doesn't make him racist.

i wasn't implying that he was racist for using the word "negro",  i just thought that he was limiting his statement by not criticizing most publically funded families (rather than just the negro's).  i happen to agree with him in that slaves at least still had their pride, rather than todays families that intentionally sell out.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 02:07:23 PM »
As racist remarks go; not that impressive. :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 04:58:09 PM »
Better title for the thread would be "Mainstream media edits remarks to make them sound racist, again."
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 05:04:30 PM »
So is Cliven Bundy some kind of white hispanic now?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 05:14:10 PM »
” and so what I’ve testified to ya’, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them.

We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.

Let me tell.. talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro.

When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas; and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids…. and there was always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didn’t have nothing to do.  They didn’t have nothing for the kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for the young girls to do.

And because they were basically on government subsidy – so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton.   And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?

You know they didn’t get more freedom, uh they got less freedom – they got less family life, and their happiness -you could see it in their faces- they were not happy sitting on that concrete sidewalk.   Down there they was probably growing their turnips – so that’s all government, that’s not freedom.

Now, let me talk about the Spanish people. You know I understand that they come over here against our constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people – and I’ve worked side-by-side a lot of them.

Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structure than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people.

And we need to have those people join us and be with us…. not, not come to our party."

While not say, Klan worthy, Mr Bundy would have better served himself by having someone else do his speaking to the media.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 05:37:18 PM »
His remarks as to 'the Spanish people' seem quite liberal.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 05:40:35 PM »
Old non-PC guy fails to use appropriately "sensitive" language.  :O

A truly valuable lesson in 1. how the media will distort anything you say and 2. how many folks just see a headline and react. Not saying you did that Rev, just pointing to the general zomg outrage.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Re: This'll go well - Bundy making impressively racist remarks
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »
The media want to make it sound as though Bundy supports slavery.  I read his comments not as saying that life on the slave plantation was good for blacks, but that life on Uncle Sam's plantation today is not much better.  To  understan Bundy, you have to be willing to think that living on the dole is a wretched, miserable way to spend your life.  No committed lefty journalist would ever see things that way, ergo Bundy must be a flaming radical racist.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 06:27:52 PM »
Bundy needs to realize that talking to the press, especially the mainstream media, and ESPECIALLY way left rags such as the NYT is not good.

Bundy would REALLY be doing a lot better to start managing his own PR. It would have helped him a LOT during the standoff, and afterwards. He needs somebody that is good at managing PR and social media (I'm not saying open up a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pintrest/etc etc etc account, I'm saying he needs a good solid blog that will serve as his "official" microphone and have somebody helping him)  to get his story out there the way he wants it, vs letting others control the narrative.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »
Whatever you think he said he apparently didn't say because now he says that whatever he said has been misconstrued and misinterpreted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 08:37:13 AM »
Relying on MSM to present your case is stupidity of the highest order.  Standing around giving interviews is just asking for trouble.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon