Author Topic: pot is harmless  (Read 15418 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2014, 03:55:35 AM »
Nor disprove fos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
Re: Re: Re: pot is harmless
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2014, 03:57:16 AM »
Mmmmm, no.   Actually the THC is the exact same at what's in MJ.   Chemistry is Chemistry and per my oncologist many of the other cancer patients found it easier to *ingest* then to light up.  He can also adjust the dosage to meet the patients needs.  They also report positive results.    Now he wasn't a fan of smoking MJ simply because the side effects of smoking were more detrimental (increase propensity for lung cancer due to the amount of carcinogens in the smoking of MJ).

I passed on both.  I was taking enough stuff that the thought of adding one more drug would have been a bridge too far. 

I did some digging all the negative stuff I found was for recreational stuff ie spice in all its liberty loving carnations

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: pot is harmless
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
So let's see ... I can legally grow belladonna in my garden but not maryjane ...?   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »
So let's see ... I can legally grow belladonna in my garden but not maryjane ...?   =|

Don't you live in montana?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »
Don't you live in montana?

Yeah, it's probably too cold and dry here for Deadly Nightshade  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2014, 02:26:52 PM »
>Amen.

I also think the crime reduction resulting from legalization claim is overstated as well.  There might be a decrease initially, but in the long run, those who lose their easy income from selling illegal drugs will find something else illicit to make money from rather than finding a real job.<

Lawbreakers will remain lawbreakers? Say it ain't so!
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
>Amen.

I also think the crime reduction resulting from legalization claim is overstated as well.  There might be a decrease initially, but in the long run, those who lose their easy income from selling illegal drugs will find something else illicit to make money from rather than finding a real job.<

Lawbreakers will remain lawbreakers? Say it ain't so!

Street level drug dealers and lookouts/couriers/holders don't even make half of Federal Minimum Wage on average.  Shows how unbelievably trapped they are by short-term thinking, and incredibly unrealistic perceptions of risk/reward. It's no better than the fantasy of being a professional ball-player or a commercially successful rapper.

Might as well sell Amway or Herbalife.

I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2014, 03:35:30 PM »
I also think the crime reduction resulting from legalization claim is overstated as well.  There might be a decrease initially, but in the long run, those who lose their easy income from selling illegal drugs will find something else illicit to make money from rather than finding a real job

Same with politicians too, I suppose  =(

grampster

• friend
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2014, 05:46:35 PM »
Heard about a guy who had a whole bagful of pot leaves he got from a friend.  He said that the leaves are not much for smoking.  He put the entire pile along with a bit of water into his blender and made a mash out of it.  Then he mixed it up with the fixins for brownies and baked 'em.  He said he was walking around behind the little animals for several hours after eating one of the brownies.  He's a guy who's smoked pot for years and said he'd never had a buzz so intense.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re:
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »
kicking in doors and killing people/dogs because plants are growing is exactly why this country was founded! those dang heathens were also half nekkid!
somebody has to tell people what to because if we don't have the .gov controlling every aspect of our lives, racist will drag children by chaining them to their pickup trucks  & straight white christian men will vote for woman's suffrage!
Plus polar bears will drown because they don't have ice tea due to global warming. [popcorn]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

zxcvbob

• friend
Re:
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2014, 09:44:32 PM »
kicking in doors and killing people/dogs because plants are growing is exactly why this country was founded! those dang heathens were also half nekkid!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Frederick
"It's good, though..."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2014, 10:44:04 PM »
Ayup... that is SO much more acceptable than folks getting buzzed! After all, those lawless folks would just find some other crime to break!
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2014, 09:32:51 PM »
Most of the violent acts committed are over things directly related to their illegal activity, (turf wars, and keeping "order" and control) if the activity is legal their criminal activity level would drop. Al Capone was a bad guy and prone to violence, but he mostly killed because of outside factors such as his rivals, and his desire to expand his turf. Without the alcohol war he would not have actually committed most of his crimes.

Outside of prohibition (drugs or alcohol) what has had such a high violence rate? I am guessing nothing.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

• friends
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2014, 09:57:25 PM »
interesting article    especially the part about prices      http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/apr/13/colorado-adjusts-to-marijuana-centennial-states-ex/

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2014, 10:13:16 PM »
Friends around the campfire, and everybody's high ....

=D

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2014, 02:59:45 AM »
Might as well sell Amway or Herbalife.

A man has to have some respect for himself...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2014, 11:11:32 AM »
Not nearly so many liquor retailers shooting up competitors these days as when ethyl alcohol was verboten.

I would wager more ethyl is consumed per capita, though.  I think the trade-off is worth it.

As long as I can still ridicule, hold up as a terrible warning, and in general treat those whose actions I deem objectionable as pariahs, I say legalize it all and let Darwin sort it out.

I generally avoid those with overtly abuse alcohol already.  Adding folks who overtly (ab)use MJ or other drugs for recreation and self-befuddlement is no great stretch.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2014, 01:48:01 PM »
If MJ is at all bad, the tort lawyers will have a hey-day with legal pot  :P

• friends
Re:
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2014, 04:15:26 PM »
I am most amused that legal pot is more pricey still. Folks getting rich . And that has always been the goal

JN01

• friend
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2014, 04:29:20 PM »
Most of the violent acts committed are over things directly related to their illegal activity, (turf wars, and keeping "order" and control) if the activity is legal their criminal activity level would drop. Al Capone was a bad guy and prone to violence, but he mostly killed because of outside factors such as his rivals, and his desire to expand his turf. Without the alcohol war he would not have actually committed most of his crimes.

Capone wasn't involved in running booze because he was an aficionado of fine spirits, the fact that it was illegal made it very lucrative.  He was a thug that likely would have found another criminal enterprise, had Prohibition not been enacted. 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2014, 05:08:50 PM »
Friends around the campfire, and everybody's high ....

"All my friends and my old lady sit and pass the pipe around ..."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden