Author Topic: Obama will miraculously halve the deficit!  (Read 8732 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Obama will miraculously halve the deficit!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 06:35:37 PM »
WASHINGTON, Feb 28 (Reuters) - A combative President Barack Obama warned on Saturday he was bracing for a fight against powerful lobbyists and special interests who sought to pick apart the $3.55 trillion budget he wants to advance his agenda of reform.

Obama's spending blueprint, with its massive $1.17 trillion deficit and tax hikes on the wealthy, seeks to squeeze billions of dollars in savings out of current spending through competitive bidding among health insurers and ending subsidies and tax breaks for banks, agribusiness and oil companies.

"These steps won't sit well with the special interests and lobbyists who are invested in the old way of doing business," the president said in his weekly radio address.

"I know they're gearing up for a fight as we speak," he said. "My message to them is this: So am I."

Obama, you are now officially my political enemy. You want a fight? You want to act like a cheap Chicago thug like your sponsor King Daley?

BRING IT.

You're going to get a $%^! fight until you leave the White House in disgrace. Enough of this crap. One month, and he's trying to break the entire United States.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:41:46 PM by Manedwolf »

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 06:59:17 PM »
He thinks he's on a mission from God, with high wind at his back.  He has dreams and audacity, but the other stuff appears to be in short supply.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 01:28:29 AM »
Obama's spending blueprint, with its massive $1.17 trillion deficit and tax hikes on the wealthy, seeks to squeeze billions of dollars in savings out of current spending through competitive bidding among health insurers and ending subsidies and tax breaks for banks, agribusiness and oil companies.

How do you "save" money by creating the obligation of government health care then muttering something about competitive bidding rather than leaving it to the private sector?  Further evidence of 'tard status.

I can agree with ending subsidies for agribusiness... but tax breaks are good things and don't hurt me, no matter who has 'em.

I'm with you, Maned.  It's me and you against the world.  We attack at dawn.
(Okay, I stole the from some guy's sig line at M14 Firing Line forums... but it fits here.)
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 01:40:01 AM »
How do you "save" money by creating the obligation of government health care then muttering something about competitive bidding rather than leaving it to the private sector?  Further evidence of 'tard status

all i can say is that must be some mighty fine coke he's a snortin' :|

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 08:09:09 AM »
He thinks he's on a mission from God, with high wind at his back.  He has dreams and audacity, but the other stuff appears to be in short supply.

Sounds eeirly similar to the last 8 years.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
He thinks he's on a mission from God, with high wind at his back...

I think he is starting to believe those who are busy deifying him.  The Obama-worship has not slackened much since the election.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 08:14:05 PM »
Obama doesn't know what a fight is.  He's won his elections by disqualifying his opponents and, most lately, by outpointing an old RINO.  He has come to believe his own ****.  His Harvard professors told him his blue books were priceless things of beauties.  I suspect he will begin losing it bigtime when he realizes that the thrill is gone and he's not, as he is accustomed, to getting his way.  Obama has the makings of the biggest implosion in American electoral history.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

jamis-jockeys-cabin-boy

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 03:56:33 PM »
I happen to think Barry O is an usurper. Hopefully some judge somewhere will wise up and allow a case to be herd soon instead of dismissing them. Untill then we are all screwed.
the queens queen of fail