Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 94663 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #300 on: September 26, 2018, 07:38:05 PM »
And now we're taking this kind of last minute crap seriously (NBC is already running with it):

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/09/26/anonymous-complaint-alleges-brett-kavanaugh-physically-assaulted-a-woman-in-1998/

I feel so sorry for this guy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #301 on: September 26, 2018, 08:55:01 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #302 on: September 26, 2018, 09:18:20 PM »
And now we're taking this kind of last minute crap seriously (NBC is already running with it):

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/09/26/anonymous-complaint-alleges-brett-kavanaugh-physically-assaulted-a-woman-in-1998/

I feel so sorry for this guy.

I really think he should sue them.  Just not sure if he should wait until the confirmation hearings are over, or do it immediately.  Sometimes you have to sucker-punch the bully.
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2018, 10:22:16 PM »
So Swetnick continued attending the parties after the age of majority, where teenage girls were allegedly gang raped?  And Swetnick did not report these illegal activities that she claims to have witnessed on multiple occasions to law enforcement?  I think she has some legal vulnerabilities here that she and her lawyers have not considered.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #304 on: September 26, 2018, 10:26:21 PM »
Ford's polygraph released. A couple of points:

1) She took it in Maryland a week after she wrote Feinstein, so either she spends a lot of time driving around the country, or she flew there.

2) Apparently they let her hand write a statement, then asked her two questions on it. I don't know much about polygraphs, but I thought you had to ask a lot more questions than that to compare to the baseline questions. Which, I'm only assuming they asked baseline questions for calibration, but I'm not counting on anything in this growing fiasco.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/09/26/this-is-bad-looks-like-christine-blasey-fords-lawyers-just-torpedoed-her-case-by-releasing-polygraph-results-pics/

At this point, maybe just have Kavanaugh step down, nominate Amy Barrett, and say that there will be no hearings, only a vote, because we believe all women so there is no need to interview Barrett. Done. Find another female strict constitutionalist when Ginsburg steps down and repeat. Thanks Harry Reid.

It's so easy to fool a polygraph that it's a wonder they even bother any more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #305 on: September 27, 2018, 09:49:10 AM »
Senate judiciary committee is questioning what a 15 year old meant by writing "FFFFFourth of July" in his calendar:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/09/27/brett-kavanaugh-explains-fffffffourth-of-july-and-its-way-more-believable-than-michael-avenattis-version/

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #306 on: September 27, 2018, 09:54:48 AM »
[comically overdone heavy Russian accent]  T-minus six minutes, and counting... [/comically overdone heavy Russian accent]

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Pb

• friend
« Reply #307 on: September 27, 2018, 11:36:06 AM »
I don't know much about Condi Rice as far as her Constitutional views. 

Condi Rice is pro-abortion.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #308 on: September 27, 2018, 11:39:18 AM »
I read that Kavanaugh missed the toilet and got some on the floor during one of those wild teenage beer parties.  This obviously obviates all of his lifetime of jurisprudence.  The committte must deny assent to the appointment of him to the SSSSSSSupreme Court.

The source has letters from five witnesses to his missing the toilet to document this outrageous behavior, who are all willing to take lie detector tests, and can also testify to his leaving the seat up, which is outrageously sexist.

Terry, 230RN

(Anyone can quote this anywhere without giving credit.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:53:17 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #309 on: September 27, 2018, 11:39:36 AM »
Made it through 15 minutes of the hearing and I'm done. What a *expletive deleted*it show.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #310 on: September 27, 2018, 01:12:25 PM »
I only caught a bit, but the format where the Republicans yield their time to Prosecutor Mitchell and then after 5 minutes she has to break so a Democrat can grandstand really was not working well.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #311 on: September 27, 2018, 01:15:38 PM »
I only caught a bit, but the format where the Republicans yield their time to Prosecutor Mitchell and then after 5 minutes she has to break so a Democrat can grandstand really was not working well.

Yup. The first thing I thought of was that it was a taxpayer funded campaign ad for a whole bunch of our elected weasels.

It appears from a couple of updates I read that things are not going well for the Rs.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #312 on: September 27, 2018, 01:27:17 PM »
Senate judiciary committee is questioning what a 15 year old meant by writing "FFFFFourth of July" in his calendar:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/09/27/brett-kavanaugh-explains-fffffffourth-of-july-and-its-way-more-believable-than-michael-avenattis-version/

I'm glad he was able to explain that, because I was really worried about Brett Kavanaugh being the first justice to have ever been a teenaged boy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #313 on: September 27, 2018, 01:57:32 PM »
Hoo, boy ...

https://apnews.com/203cde2444124d6d92504c3a81686fa1/The-Latest:-Protesters-gather-before-Ford-Kavanaugh-hearing

12:51 p.m.

Ford first brought her concerns privately in July to her congresswoman, Anna Eshoo. The California Democrat suggested she write the letter to Feinstein.

Ford described a “fairly brief” phone call with Feinstein once the senator had received the letter.

For says she started interviewing lawyers because the few other people she had told said she would need one.

Right. And she just coincidentally happened to wind up hiring a team (not just one lawyer) who just happen to ALL be well-connected, Democratic party apparatchiks. I find that to be entirely credible. I mean, why would that possibly strike anyone as implausible?

I dunno -- several decades ago, when I was in a situation where I thought I might need legal advice (involving a federal crime, but not perpetrated by me), I didn't "interview" a bunch of politically-connected operators. I called an attorney who had handled a personal matter for me a couple of years before, and he guided me as to what to do next. Case closed. This story reeks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #314 on: September 27, 2018, 02:26:15 PM »
Mitchel might be excellent at what she normally does but she was not good at whatever she was trying to do today.
Each Democrat has an excellent plan for a 5-minute round. Ms. Mitchell has no sense of time, and seems to think this is a deposition. Laughing with witness and commiserating with her at the end about how much the format sucks helps Dr. Ford's standing.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #315 on: September 27, 2018, 02:38:14 PM »
Meanwhile, committee staff have interviewed not one, but TWO men who admit to the behavior that Dr. Ford alleges Judge Kavanaugh committed.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/09/27/game-over-senate-judiciary-talks-with-not-1-but-two-men-who-believe-they-had-encounter-with-ford-not-kavanaugh/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #316 on: September 27, 2018, 03:19:10 PM »
Yup. The first thing I thought of was that it was a taxpayer funded campaign ad for a whole bunch of our elected weasels.

It appears from a couple of updates I read that things are not going well for the Rs.
I caught a few minutes of Rush today and he said the media was saying that, but he didn't think that applied to the American people.  We will see. 

The radio cut out of Rush a few minutes later and went full time to the hearing.  I switched it off after a few minutes.  It was mostly Dem Senators grandstanding. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #317 on: September 27, 2018, 03:19:33 PM »
I'm sorry but her inability to recall key details about recent events (when was her grandmother's funeral, did she take the polygraph the same day or the next, etc..)  Really calls into question the accuracy of her memory from 36 years ago...

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #319 on: September 27, 2018, 04:15:16 PM »
I also heard she was not aware of the fact that the Senate Committee had offered to send people to talk to her.  I get the impression she is either a bit flaky or her lawyers are the ones running the show and she is just along for the ride. 

Is it relevant to ask the lawyers who is paying for their services?  I really doubt she is paying them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #320 on: September 27, 2018, 04:33:52 PM »
For those trying to quash Kavanaugh's nomination:  be careful what you wish for:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/the-on-deck-justice-could-be-a-bigger-dem-problem-than-kavanaugh-kennedy

She'll be Ginsburg's replacement.  She's the one that DiFi accused of "the dogma lives loudly within you.." regarding her Catholic faith.

The only thing the Dem's could attack her on is her faith...And that won't go over well.  The Red part of America won't tolerate two of Trumps SC picks being destroyed.  Especially a woman.  And yes, she is much more conservative the Kavanaugh.  The Dem's may regret going after Kavanaugh if he's forced to withdraw/not be confirmed. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #321 on: September 27, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »
Now that we’ve gotten rid of that whole “innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt” anachronism, this should make it easier for Trump to defeat and imprison all his political enemies.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #322 on: September 27, 2018, 06:25:22 PM »
I also heard she was not aware of the fact that the Senate Committee had offered to send people to talk to her.  I get the impression she is either a bit flaky or her lawyers are the ones running the show and she is just along for the ride. 

Is it relevant to ask the lawyers who is paying for their services?  I really doubt she is paying them.

It was asked, who was paying for what, the lawyers with her said they're doing it pro-bono.  The rest of the answer was mumbo-jumbo about "some are paying for this, some are paying for that, there's a Go Fund me account, etc." but I don't recall any specifics on who/what.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #323 on: September 27, 2018, 06:25:53 PM »
One a scale of one to Claire Wolfe I am at about 8.5. Hard to see how this doesn't lead to the end of our struggling experiment.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #324 on: September 27, 2018, 06:45:24 PM »
One a scale of one to Claire Wolfe I am at about 8.5. Hard to see how this doesn't lead to the end of our struggling experiment.

Word.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.