Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 94671 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #325 on: September 27, 2018, 06:49:18 PM »
One a scale of one to Claire Wolfe I am at about 8.5. Hard to see how this doesn't lead to the end of our struggling experiment.
Things are hardening, narrowing, getting sharper and coming more and more to a point.

The lines of division are getting clearer and sadly there isn’t as much common ground between the two sides as our civic religion of civic nationalism has led us to believe.

I expect a military coup in my lifetime.

Maybe it’s already in progress with Trump being their guy.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2018, 07:18:58 PM »
Cory Booker asked Kavanaugh if he drank on weekdays. I so wish Kavanaugh would have answered a question with a question and asked Booker if he did Heroin on weekdays too, or just weekends.

Also Feinstein apparently made Alyssa Milano her guest at the hearing, and Milano managed to plant herself directly behind Kavanaugh in the camera view so she could make faces.  I tried watching some again, and when I saw her and her stupid face, off the TV went again. I kinda hope that Hollywood celebrity thing backfires with middle America. I think even Dems in places like Iowa are sick of Hollywood patting them on the head and telling them what to do.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2018, 07:56:16 PM »
Wikipedia doxxes Senate Judiciary Committee, publishes home addresses and phone numbers.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/27/senate-judiciary-committee-republicans-addresses-p/

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2018, 08:28:07 PM »
Wikipedia doxxes Senate Judiciary Committee, publishes home addresses and phone numbers.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/27/senate-judiciary-committee-republicans-addresses-p/

And they apparently did so from inside the House of Representatives. I'm about to agree with French on the Claire Wolfe thing.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/09/27/someone-was-doxxing-gop-senators-during-the-brett-kavanaugh-hearing/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #330 on: September 27, 2018, 08:53:30 PM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2018, 09:05:31 PM »
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #332 on: September 27, 2018, 09:19:22 PM »
Even a broken clock is correct occasionally.

I just love it when little ineffectual nice people lose their *expletive deleted*it. It entertains me.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #333 on: September 27, 2018, 09:34:44 PM »
Ok. I don’t even know what to say.

Lyndsey Graham impressed me...

Kavanaugh may not be as squishy as I thought and might just be a regular guy as well...

I might be in Bizzaro world.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #334 on: September 27, 2018, 09:37:04 PM »
I just love it when little ineffectual nice people lose their *expletive deleted*it. It entertains me.

True,  but I refuse to give that asshat any credit for it. :cool:

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #335 on: September 27, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »
Turns out the Senate site is down (at least the comments part for my senator),  in the off chance anyone wanted to voice their thoughts on this farce.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #336 on: September 27, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »
I was impressed with Kavanaugh's testimony.  I missed the Ford testimony due to work but I feel sure I will get the highlights on the news.  I believe Ford is mistaken on the identity of the person she identifies as young Brett Kavanaugh and she has been essentially convincing herself of her belief for the last few weeks.  So she is 100% sure.  Means nothing if she has a bad memory.

I would love to see a movement nationwide with Republican and Democrat Senators alike, if you vote "No" to the confirmation, I will vote "No" relative to your re-election.  I predict the WV senator votes "Yes".  There may be a couple other Democrats that vote in favor of Kavanaugh.  Feinstein, Booker, Blumenthal, Durbin, and others have to go to restore the democratic process or it is only going to get worse.  Republicans can play this game too.  
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #337 on: September 27, 2018, 09:59:50 PM »
I was impressed with Kavanaugh's testimony.  I missed the Ford testimony due to work but I feel sure I will get the highlights on the news.  I believe Ford is mistaken on the identity of the person she identifies as young Brett Kavanaugh and she has been essentially convincing herself of her belief for the last few weeks.  So she is 100% sure.  Means nothing if she has a bad memory.

Oh, I believe that she believes it. I can even believe that something like what she described actually did happen to her, maybe even multiple times with multiple attackers.

And I'm betting that that (those) traumatic experiences screwed her up pretty bad. I'm also betting that she couldn't accurately recall any of it. Memory, especially memory of trauma, is not reliable, especially decades later. She's probably distilled down a bunch of flashes and half memories into one semi coherent event, put some convenient names on it and has relived it so many times in her head that now, to her, it's real.

The really shitty thing about her is she should know better than to trust her own memories on the subject.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #338 on: September 27, 2018, 10:06:06 PM »
But Lindsey Graham's righteous outrage was beautiful to behold.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/27/lindsey-graham-tears-into-democrats-over-sham-kavanaugh-hearing.html  [popcorn]

I'm not even a Lindsey Graham hater - can't remember what we don't like about him - but true indignation is not always distinguishable from grandstanding. That being said, there should definitely have been a lot more grandstanding from our side, so good for Graham.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #339 on: September 27, 2018, 10:10:04 PM »

I'm not even a Lindsey Graham hater - can't remember what we don't like about him - but true indignation is not always distinguishable from grandstanding. That being said, there should definitely have been a lot more grandstanding from our side, so good for Graham.

I think it was a combo. He seems like the type that has to be furious to even consider grandstanding in the first place. I wouldn't want to be the janitor that has to clean that section of the table and the mic, because I'm pretty sure he was literally spitting during that rant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #340 on: September 27, 2018, 10:16:48 PM »
She should have never been given a platform or legitimacy in the first place. She is a liar.

There is no case against Kavanaugh period.

She is demonstrably a Democrat partisan who even engaged in lies the week of her hearing (Fear of flying).

When is the right going to stop letting the left choose the battlefield?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #341 on: September 27, 2018, 10:17:23 PM »
BREAKING: Swing Vote Bob Corker Says He Is A 'Yes' On Kavanaugh

Ya think? Do ya think so, Bob?! Do you think it's about time you stopped giving credence to these half-baked rumors?

Actually, I can see why he might think he needs to "keep an open mind" publicly, until this was all aired out. But he was wrong.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #342 on: September 27, 2018, 10:19:45 PM »
I tend to get my news via logos, without much imago, so I didn't realize how young his daughters are. I just saw a photograph of them, and holy Moses what an awful thing for such young girls to go through.  =( :mad:

She should have never been given a platform or legitimacy in the first place. She is a liar.

There is no case against Kavanaugh period.

She is demonstrably a Democrat partisan who even engaged in lies the week of her hearing (Fear of flying).

When is the right going to stop letting the left choose the battlefield?

I agree she should never have been taken seriously. But was she the one who claimed a fear of flying, or was that her handlers? She eagerly admitted today that she flies frequently.

This image is dated 3 months ago.
https://imgflip.com/i/2dpx9t

How telling is it the only "accusations" they could find were from the 80s? Even the one from the 90s fell apart within a day or two.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:41:51 PM by fistful »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #343 on: September 27, 2018, 10:55:32 PM »
After reading a whole bunch of Twitter stuff about this and getting pissed off, Sean Spicier posts this and gets me laughing.  

"All of this he said she said stuff could all be avoided if women would just get back in the kitchen."  

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, I am glad Kavanaugh didn't say that.  No joke (even fart jokes) would be taken as such by the media.  He didn't look like he was in the mood to joke around anyway. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #344 on: September 27, 2018, 10:58:38 PM »
I heard maybe 10 minutes total of the Ford part of the hearing.  I think I heard her speak for about 12 seconds and heard Democrats grandstand for 9 minutes.  Same thing for parts of the Kavanaugh questioning I heard except for his statement.  

The entire hearing only accomplished putting the Democrat's hatchet job on display.  I didn't hear that Ford added anything new that would prove what she is saying.  It was essentially useless.  What I hope happened is a lot of people who were undecided saw the crap-show and made a decision for the November election.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #345 on: September 27, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »
https://www.full30.com/video/91a336de30ce3bab144899f89d24a338

If you need a diversion, InRangeTV has a series of videos on "What Would Stoner Do?" talking about the AR-15 and current technology compared to what Stoner was trying to do with the original Armalite.  This link is one of them. 

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #346 on: September 28, 2018, 01:09:04 AM »
It was a disgustingly bad soap opera.  (Wife2 was a soap opera addict, so I know.)

I rarely use this one:   [barf]

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #347 on: September 28, 2018, 01:39:20 AM »
Oh, I believe that she believes it. I can even believe that something like what she described actually did happen to her, maybe even multiple times with multiple attackers.

And I'm betting that that (those) traumatic experiences screwed her up pretty bad. I'm also betting that she couldn't accurately recall any of it. Memory, especially memory of trauma, is not reliable, especially decades later. She's probably distilled down a bunch of flashes and half memories into one semi coherent event, put some convenient names on it and has relived it so many times in her head that now, to her, it's real.

The really shitty thing about her is she should know better than to trust her own memories on the subject.

Memory is a funny thing. Keep in mind all the scandals about child abuse a couple of decades ago. A lot of good people were sent to prison as a result of "child advocates" knowingly or unknowingly implanting false "memories" in kids. It's called the power of suggestion. A long time ago, in a galaxy far away from this one, I had a marriage and family counseling practice, and I also did therapeutic hypnosis. The human mind is really a very malleable and fallible thing. Any half decent hypnotist can get someone to believe something that never happened, and they can make someone forget what happened five minutes ago.

The fact that Ms. Ford's memories "clarified" after multiple sessions with her handlers lawyers doesn't carry any water with me. That's no different from all those child advocates implanting and cementing false memories in the past. Think about documented cases in which police have convinced people to confess to crimes that were later proven to have been committed by someone else.

Same thing for her lie detector test. I know how easy it is to completely invalidate a lie detector test. And, from what I've read, her lie detector test wasn't a legitimate, neutral, objective lie detector test anyway, it was set up to "prove" that she was telling the truth. And remember, too, that when someone "remembers" something that didn't happen, to them it IS the truth, even though it's factually incorrect.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #348 on: September 28, 2018, 01:47:48 AM »

I have to agree.

A few years back at one of my MP Company's reunion, I was telling a story about incident X, involving two of my soldiers.  Soldier A and Soldier B.  When I was about half way through, Soldier B says "That wasn't me."  (Soldier A was not present at the reunion).  

Me:  Sure it was, you and Soldier A were always together, on and off duty.
Soldier B:  Sir, I'm sorry, but I wasn't there for that, as much as I would love to say I was.  Sorry sir, it wasn't me.
Me: ???

And couple years later, at a different reunion Soldier C says, "Hey sir, remember the time me and Soldier A did incident X and you saved our bacon with the commander."
Me: !!!!  So it was you !!!

Now, for 20+ years if you would have put me on the stand and asked me under oath, "Who were the two soldiers involved in incident X ?"  I would have said, without hesitation, and being 100% confident, that it was Soldiers A and B.  And I would have been completely (well, maybe not completely but at least 50%) wrong.

So I do feel sorry for her if what she claims happened, happened.  However, I think it's totally plausible that once Kavanaugh's name bubbled up in the 2012 election as a potential Romney pick for SCOTUS, that she latched onto that name as her attacker.  

And has convinced herself that he's the guy.  
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #349 on: September 28, 2018, 08:32:46 AM »
Even if true, two drunken teenagers and an unsuccessful attempt at copping a feel over 3 decades ago is not a sufficient basis to destroy a career.

Stop white knighting for the immoral political operative that is attempting to destroy a mans career over what is essentially a typical object lesson of what happens when you exercise poor judgement as a teen. Hopefully she taught her children to exercise better judgement than she did.

The only person we know was there for sure is her.

I believe Kavanaugh.

This is a political hit job and protestations to the contrary are just rationalizations excusing the attempted destruction of the man for political purposes, not justice.

No presumption of innocence and (even if he was guilty) the imposed punishment is cruel and unusual in light of the alleged crime.