Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 94668 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2018, 08:34:40 AM »
Defamation suits for everyone. Let's subpeona bank records, should be fun.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #351 on: September 28, 2018, 08:37:31 AM »
Defamation suits for everyone. Let's subpeona bank records, should be fun.

We can only hope.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #352 on: September 28, 2018, 08:47:39 AM »
Even if true, two drunken teenagers and an unsuccessful attempt at copping a feel over 3 decades ago is not a sufficient basis to destroy a career.
Lying about it repeatedly under oath would be.
I don't understand why people feel the need to go down the road of defending this "even if true", it never ends up looking good.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2018, 08:55:14 AM »
My wife summed everything up very well last night.
She said, " there are a lot of victims in this wreck, but the democrats were driving."
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2018, 08:59:19 AM »
Lying about it repeatedly under oath would be.
I don't understand why people feel the need to go down the road of defending this "even if true", it never ends up looking good.

Because we have lost perspective.

What is being alleged is not even a deal breaker in a sane society.

Drunken teenagers do stupid *expletive deleted*it and we don’t hold them to the same accountability as we do adults except in egregious cases of violent crime.

If women want to be equal then the standards of proof for allegations must be the same as it is for men.

We have given an active Democrat partisan the power to upend our whole confirmation process based on nothing, because she is a woman.

I agree the “even if” isn’t the right play for those actually in the fight, but it needs to be addressed around the margins because what is being allowed is insanity.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2018, 09:03:53 AM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/09/27/breaking-we-have-the-votes-n2523402

Townhall reporting he has the votes to get out of committee and to be confirmed.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #356 on: September 28, 2018, 09:10:17 AM »
it needs to be addressed around the margins because what is being allowed is insanity.

We got to the point where (I think it was Booker) a dem interrogated Kavanaugh about a fart joke in his yearbook and what that really meant. A fart joke from a 16 year old.

Our elected officials, in Washington DC, the capitol of the United States of America, were interrogating an appointee to the Supreme Court of the United States about a fart joke written by a teenager in a High School yearbook. It is a practically unbelievable scenario.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #357 on: September 28, 2018, 09:35:31 AM »
The other real tragedy is no "good man and true" will probably ever accept a nomination again, even if he were clean as a whistle.

Assent of the Senate indeed.  What a farce it has become.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #358 on: September 28, 2018, 09:38:15 AM »
We got to the point where (I think it was Booker) a dem interrogated Kavanaugh about a fart joke in his yearbook and what that really meant. A fart joke from a 16 year old.

Our elected officials, in Washington DC, the capitol of the United States of America, were interrogating an appointee to the Supreme Court of the United States about a fart joke written by a teenager in a High School yearbook. It is a practically unbelievable scenario.

Wasn't it a "*expletive deleted*ck you" joke rather than a fart joke?  Or were there two such interrogations and I missed one?
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #359 on: September 28, 2018, 09:51:24 AM »
Wasn't it a "*expletive deleted*ck you" joke rather than a fart joke?  Or were there two such interrogations and I missed one?

Kavanaugh said it was related to farts. "Ralphing" was also questioned. I saw Vox and others are defining the various words in their own way, using the Urban Dictionary and such, which of course covers what various terms mean to urban kids now, not what they meant to suburban kids then.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #361 on: September 28, 2018, 10:57:35 AM »

The only person we know was there for sure is her.

We don't even know for sure that she was there. Even she doesn't remember where "there" was, or when "then" was. Yet we're supposed to believe her despite Kavanaugh having produced a daily calendar/diary that curously doesn't have any entries mentioning a party such as she described.

Sorry, but that dawg don't hunt.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #362 on: September 28, 2018, 11:01:00 AM »
We don't even know for sure that she was there. Even she doesn't remember where "there" was, or when "then" was. Yet we're supposed to believe her despite Kavanaugh having produced a daily calendar/diary that curously doesn't have any entries mentioning a party such as she described.

Sorry, but that dawg don't hunt.

Touché

She has less than nothing

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #363 on: September 28, 2018, 11:24:49 AM »

Yes, he was questioned about both in his yearbook.   I know that if someone pulled out my yearbooks (or yearbooks I signed), I would be highly embarrassed. 

"Senator, let me save you and the rest of the committee a great deal of time.  If you have any questions about me from age 13-17, my response will be 'That was really stupid on my part. I was a teenager and immature.'  That answer will save everyone a lot of time and embarrassment.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #364 on: September 28, 2018, 11:29:14 AM »
Mark Judge sends another letter to Congress, swearing to the fact that he never witnessed the event in question, nor Kavanaugh act in such a manner.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/09/28/mark-judge-prompted-to-send-new-letter-to-the-committee-n2523525

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #365 on: September 28, 2018, 12:26:46 PM »
On the yearbook, my mistake - it was Whitehouse, not Booker, and apparently he is still deconstructing it this morning:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/09/28/wtf-sen-whitehouse-continues-mind-boggling-analysis-of-brett-kavanaughs-high-school-yearbook/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #366 on: September 28, 2018, 12:30:47 PM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/09/27/cnns-tapper-there-is-no-corroborating-evidence-for-any-of-the-kavanaugh-allegations-n2523160

There are no corroborative witnesses to verify this claim that is nearly 40 years old. Ford alleges that a drunken 17-year-old Kavanaugh tried to rape her at a house party, a party where she can’t remember the time, place, location, or how she got there. These allegations are nowhere near credible, despite what Democrats say. The witness affidavits Ford’s lawyers turned over are not corroborative either. CNN’s Jake Tapper aptly noted prior to the hearing that there’s no evidence to back any of Ford’s accusations.

For CNN to admit that there's no evidence means there really is NO evidence.

That leaves us with Deborah Ramirez, who says Kavanaugh exposed himself at a Yale college party, and Julie Swentick, who says Kavanaugh was part of a gang-rape ring in high school. Her charge is the most ludicrous. Again, all three have zero evidence and witnesses to corroborate these serious allegations, but Swetnick might be the most far-fetched, namely that she was a college-aged woman who hung out with kids from high school, reportedly witnessed all of this debauchery, including possible gang rapes, and then went back 10 times and didn’t tell anyone about it until now. It’s as shoddy as they come

^^^ This. In spades.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2018, 12:42:27 PM »
She should have never been given a platform or legitimacy in the first place. She is a liar.

There is no case against Kavanaugh period.

She is demonstrably a Democrat partisan who even engaged in lies the week of her hearing (Fear of flying).

When is the right going to stop letting the left choose the battlefield?
Oh, I think Ford believes what she said.  The think there is a flawed case against Kavanaugh.  It is just these things were supposed to happen when he was in high school and his record since is pretty spotless.  I see no justification to make a "case" at this point.  But it was made a case and as expected things broke down along party lines.  The committee Democrats were ALWAYS going to vote NO. They are just using this as their justification.  

The real issue is Kavanaugh's judicial philopophy which is not progressive or leaning toward "legislating from the bench".  I never actually heard the words spoken, but I believe Kavanaugh believes strongly against legal abortions except in extreme cases.

The Republicans and Democrats are falling into their party pattern with the committee votes which is supposed to be held at 1:30 ET today.  Glad Flake is vote "Yes".

Thought I would add this.... my Sister's daughter was raped in one of those high school parties around DC.  They prosecuted the stupid kid.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:40:14 PM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »
I can see it now - Brett Kavanaugh: the Graphic Novel. A sordid tale of gang rape, feel-coppings, attempted murder, and deadly-serious flatulence jokes. Then, after he's cut a swath through the traumatized party girls, thoroughly impressed all and sundry in the legal system, and coached girls' sports teams; Spartacus and Di-Fi arrive to bring him to justice.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2018, 02:43:21 PM »
Well, it appears Flake lived up to his name. Now, after consulting with dems, he wants an FBI investigation.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2018, 02:47:30 PM »
Well, it appears Flake lived up to his name. Now, after consulting with dems, he wants an FBI investigation.

Wanting it both ways.  Votes Yes in committee to confirm, then calls for FBI before full Senate vote.   Weasel.  He stands for nothing.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #371 on: September 28, 2018, 02:47:58 PM »

Yup. He voted BK out of committee, which I think was a party-line vote, but he's wanting McConnell to get the FBI to spend a week investigating these specious allegations.

How many more rumors will have been floated a week from now?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 28, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »
I'm just saying...

[attachment deleted by admin]
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #373 on: September 28, 2018, 02:56:30 PM »
^

Oh, man, that is so appropriate.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #374 on: September 28, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
"You might want to put some ice on that."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden