Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 94685 times)

slingshot

• friend
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #375 on: September 28, 2018, 03:52:39 PM »
McConnell will probably take a head count (vote count) and see where things stand in the general Senate without Flake's vote.  His vote may not matter.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

JN01

• friend
« Reply #376 on: September 28, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »

Yup. He voted BK out of committee, which I think was a party-line vote, but he's wanting McConnell to get the FBI to spend a week investigating these specious allegations.

How many more rumors will have been floated a week from now?

To be fair, they will then have to give time for an FBI investigation for the new rumor, then another will pop up, repeat, rinse. etc, etc

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #377 on: September 28, 2018, 03:54:24 PM »
So, another week of the talking heads spouting "Kavanaugh kavanaugh kavanaugh"

Maybe the Dems think it's like Beatlejuice, if they say it enough times magical proof of him being a rapist will appear.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

grampster

• friend
« Reply #378 on: September 28, 2018, 04:50:46 PM »
Well, the FBI should decline any request for an investigation.  Is Kavanaugh alleged to have committed a federal crime?  No!  Then the FBI should say no!  They've also already vetted him up to 6 times.  If the Dems wanted an FBI more thorough background investigation, they should have requested it months ago, and the answer should be No! again.  Why should Kavanaugh be subjected to another background investigation when the D's obviously committed mis or non feasance with respect to that.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #379 on: September 28, 2018, 05:02:10 PM »
Well, the FBI should decline any request for an investigation.  Is Kavanaugh alleged to have committed a federal crime?  No!  Then the FBI should say no!  They've also already vetted him up to 6 times.  If the Dems wanted an FBI more thorough background investigation, they should have requested it months ago, and the answer should be No! again.  

"Dear Honorable Representative,

We appreciate your request for a background check on SCOTUS candidate B. Kavanaugh. However, there are six background checks on file for Mr. Kavanaugh. If you are too dumb to read those already extant then we seriously doubt a seventh is going to help. Screw off and stop wasting our time.

Sincerely,
The FBI"

The LOL would be mighty.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #380 on: September 28, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »
"Dear Honorable Representative,

We appreciate your request for a background check on SCOTUS candidate B. Kavanaugh. However, there are six background checks on file for Mr. Kavanaugh. If you are too dumb to read those already extant then we seriously doubt a seventh is going to help. Screw off and stop wasting our time.

Sincerely,
The FBI"

The LOL would be mighty.

Brad

And again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x75bh659Cfw
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #381 on: September 28, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »
When the FBI comes up dry again, will it be "Trump's FBI"?

The President has directed the FBI to investigate (investigate what, I don't know). I would like to think that means they can get right into it, and report their findings early in the week. If the alleged victims will cooperate.  ;/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 06:52:40 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #382 on: September 28, 2018, 07:40:06 PM »
Oh, now that Flake flaked and caved and started this whole FBI thing, the left is thanking him by calling him a "rape apologist".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #383 on: September 28, 2018, 08:37:30 PM »
There is still time to snatch defeat out of the hands of victory!

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #384 on: September 28, 2018, 08:39:18 PM »
Well, the FBI should decline any request for an investigation.  Is Kavanaugh alleged to have committed a federal crime?  No!  Then the FBI should say no!  They've also already vetted him up to 6 times.  If the Dems wanted an FBI more thorough background investigation, they should have requested it months ago, and the answer should be No! again.  Why should Kavanaugh be subjected to another background investigation when the D's obviously committed mis or non feasance with respect to that.

That assumes that the investigation would only repeat work already done, which I've read only went back to 18.  If they want to go further back, that would be additional work, but is non-standard work and would have to be requested as such.

I'd compare it to a standard "X point inspection" being the background checks, but now they're asking that the fuel system be specifically investigated.  Or maybe check the bumper to make sure that nobody stashed bricks of cocaine in it.  The X point inspection should catch any potential problems, but this would be like seeing some potential problem that the inspection didn't catch, so look closer.

I'll point out that I don't think that having the professionals take a closer look is a bad thing.

That said, the accusations against Kavanaugh add up to a whole lot of nothing.  We have a lack of collaboration, the best another "witness" has is that he attended a party where rapes might of occurred, but it reads like the whole Rolling Stones accusation.  

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #385 on: September 28, 2018, 08:40:12 PM »
Well, the FBI should decline any request for an investigation.  Is Kavanaugh alleged to have committed a federal crime?  No!  Then the FBI should say no!  They've also already vetted him up to 6 times.  If the Dems wanted an FBI more thorough background investigation, they should have requested it months ago, and the answer should be No! again.  Why should Kavanaugh be subjected to another background investigation when the D's obviously committed mis or non feasance with respect to that.

^^^ All this. On top of all the above, exactly what can an FBI investigation turn up? The woman can't remember where it [allegedly] happened or when it [allegedly] happened. There is no physical evidence to be found after forty years. Every purported witness she has named has already said it didn't happen. What's left to "investigate"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #386 on: September 28, 2018, 08:44:14 PM »
If they interview Ford and she says things that contradict her testimony in front of the committee is that enough to charge her with something?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #387 on: September 28, 2018, 08:52:54 PM »
Oh, now that Flake flaked and caved and started this whole FBI thing, the left is thanking him by calling him a "rape apologist".

Makes me wonder just what dirt they dredged up on Flake.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #388 on: September 28, 2018, 11:05:09 PM »
^^^ All this. On top of all the above, exactly what can an FBI investigation turn up? The woman can't remember where it [allegedly] happened or when it [allegedly] happened. There is no physical evidence to be found after forty years. Every purported witness she has named has already said it didn't happen. What's left to "investigate"?
That's why Kavanaugh told the Democrats to just ask questions (that's the investigation) as that is precisely what the FBI will do.  It will be interesting what the FBI turns up.... he said, she said, they said....  no conclusions. 
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #389 on: September 29, 2018, 12:53:46 AM »
https://www.dangerous.com/49836/records-show-dr-ford-is-not-a-licensed-psychologist-may-have-committed-perjury/

Might a new FBI investigation look into this, or the money, or the connections between lawyers & accusers that seem a little too coincidental?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #390 on: September 29, 2018, 06:34:20 AM »
Even if it were officially proven that she perjured herself in her testimony before the Senate, Ford would never be prosecuted.  Not gonna happen.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #391 on: September 29, 2018, 09:24:41 AM »
Even if it were officially proven that she perjured herself in her testimony before the Senate, Ford would never be prosecuted.  Not gonna happen.

I agree.

I wonder if the university she works for would care whether Ford is a licensed psychologist.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #392 on: September 29, 2018, 09:27:26 AM »
Just heard on the teevee: Feinstein is the one who recommended Ford's attorneys to her. I would likely interpret that as "set her up with attorneys".  

CA professors generally just break the six figure salary mark, but I think what these particular attorneys charge requires a seven figure salary, or benefactors. As others, I would really like to see who the benefactors are, besides the Gofundme site, which in itself will probably make Ford quite a bundle.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #393 on: September 29, 2018, 09:30:38 AM »
I wonder if the university she works for would care whether Ford is a licensed psychologist.

If I read the story right, the University immediately edited her web page, so I'm going to say they will protect her.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #394 on: September 29, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »
Another article (citing an actual expert on memory) that explains how Ford (or Kavanaugh, but Ford doesn't have a calendar/diary to support her version) can be sincere and wrong at the same time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kavanaugh-hearing-very-very-certain-wrong-202229531.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #395 on: September 29, 2018, 09:44:28 AM »
Prepare for the "old white guy buddies" charge when the FBI investigation produces nothing (as outlined by Joe Biden):

Now that Flake has made his support contingent upon an FBI Investigation, worth noting FBI Director Chris Wray was two years behind Kavanaugh at Yale and Yale Law, where they both entered into the same conservative legal circles that would land them in the Bush Admininstration.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #396 on: September 29, 2018, 09:48:16 AM »
And now Kavanaugh is a pedophile.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/09/28/how-low-can-they-possibly-go-usa-today-get-nuked-for-running-truly-evil-hit-on-brett-kavanaugh/

Just so I don't have to write it every time, please assume that any of my posts related to Kavanaugh include, "Man do I feel sorry for this guy. His life has been ruined no matter the outcome of all this."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #397 on: September 29, 2018, 09:53:44 AM »
Is it the lefts plan to push so hard that somebody on the right cracks and commits violence?

Personally, the propaganda is so over the top I can’t even get worked up over it anymore.

I’m in a state of perpetual wtf?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #398 on: September 29, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »
In a perfect world the FBI would come back with "After a thorough additional investigation we find no information not already addressed in previous background checks with regard to Mr. Kavanaugh. However, we do find inconsistencies with regard to Ms. Ford. In order, they are... "

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #399 on: September 29, 2018, 10:04:03 AM »
In a perfect world the FBI would come back with "After a thorough additional investigation we find no information not already addressed in previous background checks with regard to Mr. Kavanaugh. However, we do find inconsistencies with regard to Ms. Ford. In order, they are... "

Brad

If that were to happen:

Out: We need the FBI to conduct a fair and thorough investigation. It's what the people demand. How can reasonable people be against this?

In: TRUMP'S GESTAPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!