Author Topic: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.  (Read 94680 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Feinstein's Letter about Kavanaugh.
« Reply #425 on: September 30, 2018, 10:17:12 PM »
Well...........maybe. It could easily be a 4-3 court at any point.

There are 5(+) vulnerable Senate seats, all held by D's in states that went for Trump.  Flipping the Senate would be a reach.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:16:48 AM by Amy Schumer »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #426 on: September 30, 2018, 10:51:23 PM »
There are 5(+) vulnerable Senate seats, all held by He's in states that want for Trump.  Flipping the Senate would be a reach.

Are you taking into account the turbo charged, nitro fueled, rocket powered fraud machine?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #427 on: September 30, 2018, 11:49:09 PM »
And Ford's gofundme is over a half million ...
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #428 on: September 30, 2018, 11:56:33 PM »

That's only one of them, the one for her "security" is over 200K.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #429 on: October 01, 2018, 12:05:45 AM »

Trump is creating more wealth on the left than Obama ever did. And the beauty is that it's the left's own money.

I would be very interested to see how the money made for these gofundme millionaires, supposedly for their legal fees, etc., is spent. I thought Ford's legal fees were covered by leftist organizations, so what's the half a million bones for?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #430 on: October 01, 2018, 01:30:26 AM »

Are you taking into account the turbo charged, nitro fueled, rocket powered fraud machine?

Those are in Illinois, New York, New Jersey, and California.  Not so much in Indiana, West Virginia, South Dakota, Montana, Wisconsin, and Missouri.  Ohio, Pennsylvania, and the 2nd Minnesota seat could also flip, but they are long shots.

Strict photo ID required: Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

Strict non-photo ID required: Arizona and Ohio.

Non-Strict photo ID required: Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and Texas.

Non-Strict non-photo ID required: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah, and Washington.

No ID required to vote at ballot box: California, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont, West Virginia, Wyoming, and Washington, D.C.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/voter-id.aspx

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #431 on: October 01, 2018, 06:38:33 AM »
Trump is creating more wealth on the left than Obama ever did. And the beauty is that it's the left's own money.

I would be very interested to see how the money made for these gofundme millionaires, supposedly for their legal fees, etc., is spent. I thought Ford's legal fees were covered by leftist organizations, so what's the half a million bones for?

Walking around money?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #432 on: October 01, 2018, 06:44:31 AM »
Walking around money?

I'd chip in a few bucks for "going away money."

I wonder how many GoFundMe beneficiaries got a wake-up tax bill from the IRS.  And when? 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #433 on: October 01, 2018, 06:49:28 AM »
The Dems are apparently outspending Rs in every possible medium here in Colorado.  You can't pick up a net video around here any more without a listen-to-the-whole-ad-whether-you-like-it-or-not for the Governor's race.

What really ticks me off in this whole mess is limiting the number of otherwise fully-qualified candidates for appointments.  Who the hell else would accept a nomination, 100% straight arrow and all saintly and sinless or not?

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:14:49 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #434 on: October 01, 2018, 09:04:32 AM »
At the end of 7 days my prediction is the FBI says we can’t prove Kavanuagh did any of the things he has been accused of or at least the statements they report will stay the same. The MSM and Dens will claim Kavanaugh can’t prove he didn’t do any of these things so he is obviously guilty and we will be back at square one. Due Process and rule of law is out the window for anyone on the so called right of US Politics.

It's not happening to pickup any D votes. It's to appease / give cover for the squishy Rs so they can try to have it both ways - after a week they can say everything has been properly and thoroughly investigated and then vote yes (or that's the hope anyway).
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #435 on: October 01, 2018, 09:23:37 AM »
The squishy Republicans are looking for cover to scuttle the nomination.

The squishy Republicans are leftists and don’t want to empower the right, not even the milk toast conserve nothing Republicans.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #436 on: October 01, 2018, 10:58:03 AM »
It's not happening to pickup any D votes. It's to appease / give cover for the squishy Rs so they can try to have it both ways - after a week they can say everything has been properly and thoroughly investigated and then vote yes (or that's the hope anyway).

Yep, the D's have already moved the goalposts; saying that one week is simply not enough time; the investigation is a farce; plus he was angry and upset during his testimony, showing a lack of temperament needed to be a justice...etc.

I hope someone (Lindsey Graham maybe ?!?!) will call them on it. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #437 on: October 01, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »
Is anybody here old enough to remember that sorority party at Stanford in 1954 when Dianne Goldman (Di Fi's maiden name) got drunk and was making out with Hilda Isenberg when Hilda was too sloshed to resist? It caused Hilda to resign from the sorority and to change universities.

Everyone knew about it at the time. It was talked about on the campus for weeks.

I don't know the date or the name of the sorority, or even if Hilda Isenberg was the name of the victim ... but I'm positive it happened.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #438 on: October 01, 2018, 12:14:54 PM »
Make no mistake.  I'm fully on Kavanaugh's side.  But, I fear that the Left is going to ruin him in his chosen profession.  If he is forced to find another occupation, I wonder if he might find he has some aptitude operating, say... a bulldozer?    ;/

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #439 on: October 01, 2018, 12:16:13 PM »
I'm sure all of you have been thinking the exact same thing that I have through this whole circus:
"But what does James Comey think about it???"
 :laugh:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/opinion/james-comey-fbi-kavanaugh-investigation.html
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #440 on: October 01, 2018, 12:16:19 PM »
There seems to be a desire on the left to hold on to the chivalrous delusion that women are naturally more morally upright and trustworthy.

Social conservatives absolutely believe this also!   :facepalm:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #441 on: October 01, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »
The squishy Republicans are looking for cover to scuttle the nomination.

The squishy Republicans are leftists and don’t want to empower the right, not even the milk toast conserve nothing Republicans.
I was wondering how much of it was backroom politics.  Flake realizes he was the deciding vote so he tries to play sides for extra favors. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #442 on: October 01, 2018, 02:28:47 PM »
There are 5(+) vulnerable Senate seats, all held by D's in states that went for Trump.  Flipping the Senate would be a reach.
A coworker just said at lunch that he told his wife they are voting this time around.  He was disgusted by the hearings and what the Democrats are doing.  I wonder how many people in those states are making the same decision.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #443 on: October 01, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »
A coworker just said at lunch that he told his wife they are voting this time around.  He was disgusted by the hearings and what the Democrats are doing.  I wonder how many people in those states are making the same decision.

Three women in my office were horrified by the evil, evil rapist Kavanaugh.  I had to close my office door.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #444 on: October 01, 2018, 03:48:53 PM »
Democratic operatives now agree Ford has no case:

“An allegation standing alone is not necessarily sufficient to conclude that conduct occurred, particularly where the accusing party declines to produce supporting evidence that she herself asserts exists,”

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/10/01/unsubstantiated-you-say-minn-dems-just-torpedoed-the-case-against-brett-kavanaugh/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #445 on: October 01, 2018, 04:01:05 PM »
Social conservatives absolutely believe this also!   :facepalm:

Not this one.

I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #446 on: October 01, 2018, 04:38:10 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #447 on: October 01, 2018, 04:58:15 PM »
She must be believed ... if she is accusing a conservative.

If she's accusing a liberal, she's a lying little tramp.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #448 on: October 01, 2018, 06:23:45 PM »
And now Joohn Brennan decided he needs to weigh in. How many more has-beens do we need to hear from? Does Brennan have a gofundme that he needs to advertise for or something?

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/10/01/just-how-drunk-was-john-brennan-when-he-shared-these-key-takeaways-from-kavanaugh-hearings/

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #449 on: October 01, 2018, 06:37:12 PM »
Key takeaways this week: Dr. Ford is a national treasure; Sen. Jeff Flake is an admirable man with a conscience, while craven politician Lindsey Graham is not; Kavanaugh’s temperament and blatant partisanship are disqualifying of a Supreme Court seat.

Now who can argue with that?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.