Author Topic: Well, I Guess the Sit-In Worked  (Read 1089 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Well, I Guess the Sit-In Worked
« on: June 30, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »
Apparently the anti-gun sit-in worked. Ryan to allow gun vote (wrapped in with other stuff of course) next week. Given the other stuff in the "terrorism package" (OMG - terrorism! We must be safe no matter what!) we'll see if the usual "safety trumps everything" suspects stomp on due process or not.

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2016/06/30/reports-paul-ryan-making-sure-house-dems-25-hour-sit-in-for-gun-control-was-worth-their-while/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Well, I Guess the Sit-In Worked
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 03:30:53 PM »
Wow. Way to Governor Nixon things, Mr. Speaker.  :facepalm: Must be a Mizzou grad.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 04:17:03 PM »
Ryan is looking worse than boehner every day.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 09:53:02 PM »
It's a clone, run. :facepalm:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 10:44:41 PM »
I just saw more information that stated the legislation is similar to previous NRA backed legislation. I haven't yet seen a statement from the NRA on the new legislation though.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/30/ryan-says-house-will-vote-on-gop-plan-to-keep-guns-from-suspected-terrorists.html?intcmp=hplnws
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 11:41:27 PM »
I just saw more information that stated the legislation is similar to previous NRA backed legislation. I haven't yet seen a statement from the NRA on the new legislation though.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/30/ryan-says-house-will-vote-on-gop-plan-to-keep-guns-from-suspected-terrorists.html?intcmp=hplnws

Well, all I can say is that while it may ostensibly seem a good idea to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, just how is it suppose to really work?
Are all terrorists on a FBI watch list?
Of all those on the list, how many are not terrorists, but people who have similar names?
What happens when President Hillary Clinton deems the NRA  a terrorist organization?
What happens when  ISIS terr come here with explosive suicide belts?  Solve that by declaring blowup belts illegal?
Oh wait, it's already illegal to possess bombs.......

Why should I believe any terrorist who finds he cannot get a gun wouldn't use a pressure cooker to  build a ied?
And how incompetent does a terrorist have to be to be unable to procure illegal guns, or smuggle them across the Mexican border?

And why should I believe the government can protect anyone from terrorists?

Just asking....... [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams