Author Topic: Holder is busted!  (Read 5553 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Holder is busted!
« on: June 28, 2012, 06:13:33 PM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Holder is busted!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »

I am having a beer tonight!
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »
Have two. One to celebrate, one to drown your sorrows of ObamaCare.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 06:26:55 PM »
And now what?

David Shippers, House chief prosecutor for the Clinton impeachment efforts, claims there is legal precedence for simple congressional action.  Take Holder and put him into a cell and let him stay there until he produces required documentation. 

Nothing substantial will happen to Holder because Boehner is not interest in justice; he's interested in a campaign issue.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 06:28:28 PM »
Does this actually accomplish anything? Is Holder going to do time? I think not. It's a sham to make people feel good about themselves while doing nothing.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 06:32:49 PM »
Come January, Holder will a) be replaced and have time to devote to his memoir and speaking tour, or b) quietly resign for personal reasons and have time to devote to his memoir and speaking tour.

Documents will be released thereafter, and will generate one week of media buzz, until a Kardashian does....something.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 06:37:31 PM »
Found in contempt of Congress.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/28/house-holds-holder-contempt/

Hot diggety!

And now what?

But, yeah, that's the other question.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 07:01:59 PM »
Does this actually accomplish anything?

It tells us that Congress is a bunch of racists, about to institute a national policy of lynching and slavery?

Or voter suppression, or whatever cockamamie thing they were saying. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 10:11:32 PM »
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll442.xml

I find it interesting that the name Frank is followed immediately by the name Fudge.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 10:14:57 PM »

I find it interesting that the name Frank is followed immediately by the name Fudge.

You would rather it was followed by "Furter"?
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 09:57:26 AM »
When they "got" Charlie Rangle for ethics & tax violations that would have sent any of us to prison, he had to stand and hear Congress tell him he was naughty.

For this, he lamented the "harshness" of his "punishment."   :facepalm:

If any of us refused to comply with a subpoena, or provided documents that were 90% redacted, we'd likely wind up in a jail cell for a time.

I will be astonished if Holder "suffers" anything worse than a tongue-lashing.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:26:25 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 11:15:50 AM »
Here is an article that says congress has the power to arrest and imprison.  I don't think Shippers was referring to this particular power.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jun/28/house-could-arrest-holder-with-inherent-contempt-p/
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 04:08:58 PM »
The rule of law means nothing anymore
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/29/after-holder-contempt-vote-republicans-eye-civil-court-case-to-extract-furious/

Enough to make you wonder how far this administration will go in ignoring the rule of law.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »
The rule of law means nothing anymore
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/29/after-holder-contempt-vote-republicans-eye-civil-court-case-to-extract-furious/

Enough to make you wonder how far this administration will go in ignoring the rule of law.

I imagine they will go as far as they need to.
Look, tiny text!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 07:41:02 PM »
Holder's Justice Department attorney says that he will not prosecute Holder. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 12:06:50 AM »
I wonder if any of the border states where F&F occurred could swear out arrest warrants & push for extradition.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 05:31:41 AM »
Holder's Justice Department attorney says that he will not prosecute Holder. 
In related news, today the sun rises in the east.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 04:41:54 PM »
The Justice Department will never prosecute Holder.  But a civil action might just get his attention.

The clamor that the F&R investigation is politically motivated has reached a higher pitch with the House vote.  I suspect in part the investigaton is politically motivated, but there are some serious constitutional issues involved and there needs to be an investigation.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)